Happy Tuesday, Stampers!
Today's card project is known as a "Tri-Fold Shutter" card. Even though this card looks difficult, it's super-easy to create and your recipient will think you're the craftiest. card-maker. ever! Best of all, this card will fold up to fit in an A2 envelope.
Since I haven't made one of these cards in for-evuh and was overcome with the desire to make long cuts with an uber-sharp craft knife, I did:
Wanna make one? Here's the Reader's Digest Condensed version:
1. Create your card base by scoring a 5 1/2" x 12" piece of card stock at 2", 4", 8", and 10".
2. Turn card stock a quarter turn, and measure in to 1 1/2" at the long edge.
3. Using a metal ruler, make a continuous slit with a craft knife between the score marks at 2" and 10" at 1 1/2" down.
4. Repeat on the opposite long side.
5. Fold card.
6. Trim patterned paper to fit each section. I don't measure ... I just cut and fit each section.
7. Embellish, and you're done!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for the 4-1-1 on all the spring-like product info, check out the supply list below.
Soooooooooo, on Sunday while I was hangin' out with Sheila, Reid-the-Wild-Child slashed and burned his way into the room.
"Mom, since there's no school, will you take me to the Zoo tomorrow?"
"No," Sheila replied, "If they want you, they can come and get you."
Thanks for stopping by ... have a great day!
- All That Scraps: Tri-Shutter Card
- Secret Crafter: Multifold
- Pollycraft Monday: Double Up
- Cute Daisy May: Bright and Cheerful
- 365 Cards: Stacked Up
- Stamp Till U Drop: A Square, A Bird, A Flower
- Tanda Teaser: Quick and Cute
- Stamp Something: Something Cute
- Paper Play Challenge: Special Birthday Card
- Jacksonbelle Embellishments: Try a New Fold
- Practical Scrappers: Flowers
- Card Stock: Mustard Textured Card Stock by Bazzill; "Bermuda Bay" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: "Bloom & Grow" Collection by My Mind's Eye
- Stamps: "Party Hearty" and "Sheltering Tree" (Retired) Stamp Sets by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Kiwi Kiss," "Pumpkin Pie," and "Bermuda Bay" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: Flat-Back Pearls by Mark Richards; Glitzy Brad Pitts by KI Memories
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Flower Dies; Large Bird Punch by Stampin' Up; Butterfly Punch by MS; Bird Punch by MS; Trefoil Border Punch by MS; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 12"
- Folded Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"