Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thank You For the Rooster:

Pin It


Happy Thursday, all and one!

Today's card project is one of those projects that just gets ahead of you and then swerves off the charted path ... KWIM? It all started innocently enough: I wanted to do something with this ribbon, and before I knew it, I had ... this. You're speechless, right?

Because the card has the requisite ribbon, I'm entering into the Creative Belli challenge to use ribbon on your rooster card ... the older the ribbon, the better. For all the challenging old ribbon deets, clicky HERE. And Creative Belli gals? I've had this ribbon since ... always. This ribbon gives new meaning to the word, "vintage."

The rooster also qualifies for the Pollycraft Monday Challenge, "Things with Wings." For all the exciting winged-things challenge deets, clicky HERE.

For the rest of the product info, check out the supply list, below. If you dare ...

Sooooooooo, last night the DH and I were sitting out poolside with Sheila and her DH, just shootin' the breeze whilst enjoying the clear and balmy weather, sipping some yummy Red Roosters*. A perfect South Florida night under the stars. (The Red Roosters were in honor of ^the-blue-you-know-who^).

Sheila happened to mention that she'd applied for two jobs recently: one at a local shoe store, the other at the local branch of the Palm Beach County Library.

"Well, I hope you get the one at the shoe store. It would be nice to have employee discounts on shoes," Sheila's practical DH said.

Then he added, "Of course, if you get the job at the library, we'd get free books."

There's gotta be something in the water out here ...

Thanks so much for swingin' by ... have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: Rubber (Rooster) Stampede; Sentiment by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Cornflower Blue Dye Ink by CTMH
  • Accessories: 1 1/4" Rooster! Ribbon; Vintage Button; Natural Jute Twine
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive Both by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
*In Connecticut, my preppy home state, a "Red Rooster" is better known as a "Madras." See the connection? Right ...

Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE. But NEVER ask me about this card ...

23 comments:

Risa said...

Deb, your card is FABULOUS!!!! I love your image and the matching ribbon takes the cake..I love it!!
hugs
Risa:)

chercroppin said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Deb!! I LOVE that matching ribbon....wowza hun!

And how did I miss that YOU are also in FL?? I'm in Central FL, Citrus County!

LeAnne said...

FUN! I love red & blue and the rooster ribbon is awesome! BTW, you've got a yucky spammer comment up there!! I HATE those things.

Allison said...

Super cool...that ribbon rocks! I think Paula would love that stamp!

Corie said...

WOW -- so FANTASTIC

jdmommy said...

This rooster card is fantastic!! And to think it all started with that fabulous ribbon!! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge with it!! WOW!

Danni said...

What a fabulous card! My mom would love it as she collects chickens and rooster items.
I got a giggle out of your story...

Joan said...

This card is fantastic Deb! And that ribbon - it's incredible.

Darsie Bruno said...

This is a fabulous card! I just love, love, love that ribbon! Thanks for joining the Belli Challenge!

Diane said...

Uh oh...Sheila's DH better watch what he is saying,lol!

Super cute card girl!!!

Maria Matter said...

Stunning Deb!
love the rooster and the ribbon! yum!

Hey, thanks for playing along with the Creative Belli Challenge!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

Holy moly, this is spectacular. Love the ribbon, o'course. What a fun card.

Sue said...

ooooh i love this,what a fabby image and i love the ribbon too,thanks for joining us again at pollycraft

sue
xx

Emma said...

Wow another gorgeous card...
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Oh wow this is stunning!

Renee

Crafting Joanne said...

What a gorgeous card.

Thanks again for joining us at Pollycraft.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Ceal said...

great card, love that ribbon! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge

Elena said...

Wow! This ribbon is perfect for this rooster stamp!

knitwit said...

That is an amazing card. If i tried putting all that stuff together it'd end up looking like something I'd feed the dog for lunch! You're too talented!
My neighbour recently brought over a bunch of books for one of my kids, and one of them appeared to have been signed out of the library in 1956. I'm wondering what the late fees would be on that...

Jenny Gropp said...

DEB--- that ribbon-- OMG!!!! Too perfect!!! Thanks for playing along in the Belli Challenge!

Chrissy D said...

FABULOUS ribbon - did you stamp that!? Perfect with your image! WOW! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge! Join us again on Wednesday!

Erica said...

WHOWSA!
Talk about matchy ribbon!

cgl1539 said...

I was laughing so hard at the free books comment that my dh stopped his movie to ask what was going on. He thought this was hilarious also. Thanks for sharing this story!