Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Vintage Pick-A-Nick Basket ...

Pin It



Happy Thursday, Imaginary Stampin' Friends!

Today's card project was created for my spring-like card stash following a fab sketch created by Karen Giron for her 'Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.' For all the challenging deets, including a lookie at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE.

And here's a lookie at my card:

A l'il bright, huh? For the ginormous view, if you can stand it, clicky right on the photo.

I stamped my vintage pick-a-nick basket on a scrap of DP, and stamped the tulips image on a die-cut circle of Whisper White. I colored the tulips with Prismacolor Pencils blended with Gamsol (OMS), and paper-pieced the pick-a-nick basket onto the tulip image. Clear as mud, yes?

I added some machine stitching, a twill ribbon and bow, a vintage button, a l'il die-cut tag, and finis. So easy, even I could do it!

For all the exciting product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, since I didn't get to spend any time with Sheila or Reid-the-Wild-Child yesterday, I'll have to bore regale you with another computer-techie story. Believe me, there's no shortage of these crazy stories. Same DH as yesterday's "Control A" story, but a different client.

Client: "You've got to fix my computer. I urgently need to print a document, but the computer won't boot properly and I'm gettin' a weird error message."

DH: "What does it say?"

Client: "Something about an error and non-system disk."

DH: "Look at your machine. Is there a floppy or a CD inside?"

Client: "No, but there's a sticker saying there's an Intel inside. How do I get that one out?"

Thanks for swingin' by ... hope your day is fantastical!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: "Kraft" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: PTI
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Prismacolor "Premier" Pencils
  • Accessories: Twill Ribbon; Vintage Button; Vintage Bakery Twine; White Quilting Thread
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Circle Dies; Tiny Tag Die; Gamsol (Odorless Mineral Spirits), by Gamblin; Blending Stump; Sewing Machine; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

45 comments:

chercroppin said...

LOL Deb, my Techie-bro-in-law would love this one!!!

Love your pick a nick card!!! Very Springy!

crafty creations said...

:):):) love it and your cards fab too !!!!

Thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Helen Dooley said...

what a great card, I like how you used the DP for the basket. Great Job! Thanks for sharing with us on OSAAT.

Rae Anne said...

FAB-U-LOUS!!! I love the paper-piecing, the designer paper, and especially that gorgeous ribbon! Thanks so much for participaing with The Crafty Hos!

Erin... said...

Cute, cute,cute!!! Great ribbon and yummy papers~! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something this week!

Tina said...

Amazing as always! Look at all those yum yums!

Crystal said...

Deb girl LOVE this!!! WOW your paper piecing is fabulous and so is that dp and layout!!!! What a beauty girl!!! Hugs!

Allison said...

Awesome...super paper choices! One of the best takes I have seen with this sketch!

Jules said...

Hi Deb

Your card is stunning.

I love your patchwork background - such beautiful paper choices to go with that gorgeous image.

Thank you for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is a gorgeous card I adore the colours and image and that paper piecing is fabulous thank you so much for joining us at CDM.
Hugs
Lorraine x

craftymum said...

A super card. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love sarah W XXX
p.s. only 2 days left to enter my first blog candy

Joan said...

I love your card Deb, the papers are wonderful together. You rocked the challenge.
Cute story too.

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Another wonderful card Deb!! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty HOs!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card thanks so much for joining us over at OSAAT, and hope to see you back again soon
Sarah xx

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely love this Deb! This is soooo cute!

Sharli said...

LOL, I love your stories, Deb! The card is awesome, too - great color!

I am not imaginary.

Danni said...

Oh I love this card!! Fabulous job!

Tammy Miller said...

great great card thanks for joining us at Crafty Ho's

Risa said...

You are too funny Deb, I'm still laughing!
I think your card is quite lovely, and that you pulled off the challenge beautifully! I clicked on the link to see the sketch and this is truly a challenge.
Take care and thanks for making me smile.
hugs
Risa:)

Scrappy said...

Great card, and post! I lol along with retelling your techie story too! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ho's!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

How fun! I love the details of your card. Very pretty!!! Thank you for participating in the Crafty Ho's Challenge this week. I hope you'll join us again soon.

sam said...

Heheheheyou do like giving us a giggle hun dontcha?! Thanks for brightening my day, sharing this great card (which isnt too bright by the way) and for joining in our stitching challenge here at OSAAT. Please pop back on Sunday to see all the winners and ceck out our new challenge.
Sam x

Avril Ann said...

Loving those Tulips, fab card, many thanks for sharing with us at CDM this week, Hugs Avril xxx

Curt in Carmel said...

Your paper piercing is picture perfect on this one! I love the vibrant colors you used, especially on the basket. And your story is so funny. I swear he was talking to my Mom! LOL Best, Curt

Suzie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

Michele Spera said...

lovely job! I love the bright colors and the image is perfect:-)
Thank you for joining us at CDM & TG this week
XMichele

Spyder said...

Love your bright colours!! (Love your love birds on your blog too!! I've got them saved somewhere!) Thank youfor sharing your card with OSAAT, hope to see you next time too
(LYN)

Jackie said...

This is so pretty! I am loving that layout! What a great card, thank you for playing along with the Crafty Hos!

stitchy said...

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our first challenge. Would love to see you come back..
hugz
stitchy xx

Liz said...

Thank you very very much for joining the fun at OSAAT
Please Call back on Sunday for our next new Challenge

Liz xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is a lovely bright, fresh Spring card - thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!

~amy~ said...

I love your cosmo'licious card!!!! Your computer story is hilarious!

acreativeneed said...

Sweet!! Love the stitched dp and wonderful dps!! So glad you joined in the Crafty Creations challenge!!
smiles,Deena

JeanFB said...

Wow! I LOVE this card...I've been coveting that PTI stamps set forever :). Your color combo for Gingersnap is fabulously cheery and warm! Thanks for the inspiration!

pinky said...

Love your papers and gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing at CDM this week.
Pinky

sue law said...

LOL at Intel inside!..great colours, and lovely floral card..thanks for joining in the Tanda Teaser this week...hope to see you again soon!
Sue
x

Maria Matter said...

oh what a fun paper pieced card Deb and using these big polka dots just puts it over the top for me! polka dots makes everything fabulous! lol

I love this!

Thanks for playing along with Cute Daisy May!!!
Blessings, Maria

Lil Sis said...

Thanks for joining us at CDM with such a fabulous card - hope to see you next week

Beccy x

Kati said...

love the idea for your background, thanks for showing it.

Heather said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Jacksonbelle challenge!

Windy Robinson said...

Such a fab card! Thanks for joining us at Jacksonbelle:)

Chris said...

very cute!! love that image with the early bird...

SmilynStef said...

Love that paper pieced basket ... adorable card.

Dawn said...

Thanks for joining us at Jacksonbelle

Elena said...

Beautiful card! I love the papers you chose! And what a neat idea with the paper pieced basket!