Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's a Card!

Pin It


Welcome to your weekend, Stampers ... and don't forget: while the DH's are glued to the pre-game, the game-game, and the post-game, you can go craft shopping. Dig out those 40% off coupons, Ladies!

Well, I had a very pleasant surprise this week: Sharon Johnson of the fabulous "No Time to Stamp" blog, and her equally fabulous "Stamp Simply" card challenge, invited me to Guest Design for the Challenge for the month of February! After I finished the Dance of Joy and climbed off my desk, I hurriedly agreed ... lest Sharon have a chance to change her mind!

So, today's card was created with this week's Stamp Simply Challenge, #125, in mind: to create a project for baby! A shower card, a new baby Congrats, an altered item, something for baby's room, a 1st birthday card ... ANYTHING goes -- as long as it's for BABY. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE to visit Sharon's blog.

My card couldn't be any simpler ... well, it could: but only if someone else made it for me! I ran some Very Vanilla card stock through my die-cut machine in the "Argyle" embossing folder, double-matted it, then paper-pieced the little dress. I added a tiny silver bow, some luscious satin ribbon, a cute l'il baby carriage charm, and double matted my sentiment. Simply ... simple!

Be sure to check out the entire Stamp Simply Design Team blogs for their fabtastic Baby projects:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy;

Sharon Johnson: No Time to Stamp?;

Julie Koerber: Out to Impress;

Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color; and

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.

If you decide to play along, and we all hope that you do, just link up to Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge #125, blog post. If you upload to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, use Keyword: ssnotime125. C'mon, play along ... you'll be glad you did! And, as a bonus, you'll finally have an emergency Baby card in your ever-expanding card stash!

For all the a-mazing product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, I stopped by Sheila's yesterday to say 'hi' and found her and her crazy sister Jill lounging out by the pool. Jill, a Walking Compendium of Useless Information, was babbling on about politics.

Then, something interesting:

"So, did you two know that more Americans can name the Three Stooges than the three branches of government?" Jill asked.

"Well, that's because the Three Stooges are more likely to get something done." Sheila replied.

And that would be Larry, Moe, and Curly. And, the Judicial, the Legislative, and ...

Thanks so much for swingin' by today ... hope you enjoy your shopping weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Pink Pirouette," "Rose Red," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Nana's Nursery" by DCWV
  • Stamps: Simply Chic
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Satin Ribbon by May Arts; Jump Rings by Junkitz; Silver Charms, Unknown; Brad Pitt
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangular Dies; "Argyle" A2 Embossing Folder; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

*... the Executive.

25 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, Deb! What a darling baby girl card! I LOVE the pieced dress, it's SO sweet and that darling little charm -- too, too cute!!! What a wonderful project for our BABY challenge today -- we are all SO glad to have you with us!!!! Thanks!!!

LeAnne said...

Well, a big WOOHOO goin' out to you! Congrats to you, girl!
I do happen to need a baby card, so hopefully tomorrow I can play this challenge!
CUTE card, too!

Sharli said...

Executive.

LOVE Your card Deb, and CONGRATULATIONS on the honor - well deserved!!! ;-)

knitwit said...

Congrats--I LOVE the card, and how timely! I have just this second gotten an email from an old friend telling me she is pregnant with her second girl, so instead of going to bed like I should, I'm going to head down to my crafting dungeon and use your card as inspiration. I think I might even have that embossing folder!! FABULOUS!

Jenny Gropp said...

YEAH!!! Happy to have you with us this month!!! Love your little dress..... so sweet and the perfect little charm to adorn your card!! Just love it!

Curt in Carmel said...

That is such AWESOME news!!!! I'm so excited for you! Sharon is one smart cookie and has EXCEPTIONAL taste in picking Guest Designers! Congrats! And your card speaks volumes as to why you were selected. It is gorgeous! You go girl! Best, Curt

Brenda said...

Congrats Deb!!!!! That is some awesome and well deserved news! Love your baby card it is so very pretty.

Allison said...

Good for you! Love this pieced dress...cuteness!

Janine said...

Fabulous card Deb and I knew I would laugh after reading your post! Have a fabulous weekend.!!
I will be gaming it on Sunday with appetizers and beer!! Go Saints!!

Our Little Inspirations said...

Your card is just adorable and I love that tiny charm!
Congrats on your GD honors!

Rosemary said...

Deb
Love the cards you make. The clean and simple look but so elegant.
Like the layouts and may use them in my own cards. Thanks.

Risa said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful card Deb! I love your clean and simple cards, very refreshing!
Congratulations on your GDT position Deb!
hugs
Risa:)

The Rubber Maid said...

How sweet! Both your card and also being GD for the SST. Pat

chercroppin said...

First off Deb....this card is GORGEOUS hun!! Love everything about it...the embossing, that precious dress, ribbon and sentiment!

Secondly, CONGRATS on your GDT, they are so fortunate to have ya!

LOL about the 3 stooges, and I'm sure she's right! LOL

Have fun shopping! : )

Barbara said...

Oh, this is just precious, Deb!!! I love that you paper pieced the sweet little dress! So happy to have you playing along with us this month!!

Joan said...

I love this Deb. This little dress is adorable!!!

redwasher1 said...

Your card is just the sweetest thing!! I love it and congrats on being GD!!!

Kristie said...

This is adorable!! Love the paper pieced dress!

Tina said...

Oh my gravy, this is completely adorable. I love that little pram charm!

Elena said...

Congratulations on the Guest DT position! Love your presious card! Little charm is so cute! And look at the sweet paper pieced dress!

Barb Schram said...

Love the cuttlebug background and that darling charm...all perfect details for a perfect card! Have a great weekend, Deb!

Erica said...

Hi Deb,

I have this stamp set and wouldn't have thought to pair it with the argyle folder. I paper-piece when I use it too. The charms just put the card over the top. I think I'll try this challenge and CAS ya' a bit too. Nothin' much else to do tomorrow huh?

Chris said...

i see you are doing a fabulous job at you are so famous job this month!! but i do have 1 question...are you sure that wasn't a bar you were dancing on???

Shirley said...

Absolutely adorable and so pretty too. The colors and the charm are just beautitful too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is SO precious, Deb! LOVE the dress pieced with the DCWV paper! Very sweet!