Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Say Yes Right Away!

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, stampers!

Today's very distressed card project is a mini flash-back to yesterday's card project ... as far as the colors go, anyway. I used a more liberal interpretation of this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge, PDCC15, substituting this brighter orange for the deeper tone of the Dusty Durango.

To create this card, I followed the sketch from this week's Stamping 411 sketch challenge, SSC137. For all the challenging deets, or to play along, clicky HERE.

For my focal image, I used this vintagy row-house stamp which, sadly, shall remain unidentified ... it's unmounted and I haven't a clue, lol! The sentiment I recognize: it's from Stampin' Up's "Fundamental Phrases" set.

For the rest of the mind-blowing product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out with Sheila when her psychotic sister, Jill, stopped by with EXCITING NEWS!

Turns out Jack, her latest Mr. Wonderful, has been hinting around that he'd like to pop the question. This, after only two weeks but, whatever ...

"So, can you believe it! Jack is already talking about getting married!" Jill said.

"Wow, isn't this a l'il too fast? Don't rush into anything, Jill. Marry in haste, blah, blah, blah." I cautioned.

"Oh, ignore her, Jill! If he does ask you, don't delay. Say, 'Yes!' right away!" Sheila advised.

"Why?" Jill asked.

"'Cuz men have very short memories when it comes to marriage. Sometimes they forget even before you can get your clothes back on!"

Wowza, Sheila knows everything!

Thanks so much for stopping by ... have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, and Very Vanilla Card Stocks by Stampin' Up; Textured Card Stock, Unknown Scrap
  • Designer Paper: Stampin' Up (Retired)
  • Stamps: Row-House, Unknown; Sentiment from Fundamental Phrases by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Metal Index Frame from Antique Copper Hodgepodge Hardware Kit by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Distressing Tool; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

18 comments:

Crystal said...

OOOO Deb this image rocks!!! What a great congrats card girl!!! Fantastic color combo!!!

Tina said...

Whoa Deb, this is super. The image is great, but the mat is really cool. Looks fabulous.

Charlene said...

Another gorgeous color combination!!

Thanks for the comment about my Magnolia card...and, of course I have other the other book! Would a paper addict be able to not own EVERYTHING? :-)

chercroppin said...

LOL...you and Sheila just crack me up....thanks for the laughs!

[did I tell you my Sis's name is Sheila?] LOL

Your card is awesome Deb!

Patti Chesky said...

Your story cracked me up!!!

What a fun card...love those houses!!

Elena said...

Great card, Deb! Love the distressing and this vintagy house stamp!
And I agree about man's short memory! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

YOur stories always crack me up Deb!! Thanks for the smile!!

Your card is gorgeous. Love the cheery colors and the design!! The houses are beautiful.
hugs,
Chris

Risa said...

You are too much Deb, but I thank you for the laugh!
Your card is awesome and I love the vintage look of it!
hugs
Risa:)

Allison said...

Ah, reminds me of one of my fav views in SF. Such a fun color combo!

Maria Matter said...

fab image and I really like these colors together! These are the challenge colors over at Paperminutes this week!
Gorgeous card Deb!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Robin Merriman said...

Your story is hilarious, absolutely cracked me up!

Great card too - I love that it could be for anyone and that image is awesome!
Thanks for playing this week!

Danni said...

Very nice card and a fun story!

Selene Kempton said...

What a great card! I love the image you used and fantastic story!

Shirley said...

A really wonderful vintage card! I have unidentified unmounted too! Sheila is very smart! LOLOLOL

Chris said...

omg!! too funny!! they do have short memory's...short other thing-ys too, but we won't go there!! love the card, great colors!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love it and the story....too funny. You'll have to post and update on this saga.

Connie said...

Thanks a wonderful image! Thanks for playing along this week with the Stamping 411 sketch!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What an awesome image!! Great card too!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Stamping 411!!