Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eat This:

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

Today's paper project was created for the Stampin' Royalty challenge, SR#5, "Anything but a Card," AND for the Everything But the Kitchen Sink challenge, "Around the House," to create a project using a box top or any part of a cardboard box.

For all of the Stampin' Royalty challenge deets, clicky HERE. For the Everything But the Kitchen Sink box toppy-type deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my project, clicky THERE on the photo.

Since the sponsor of the current EBTKS challenge is Kelleigh Ratzlaff, I thought it fitting to use one of Kelleigh's fun templates in my project. I chose Kelleigh's "Candy Dispenser Template," and created clipping masks using digital papers from Miss Cutie Pie.

Since I love me some sugar-free Fudgsicles, and always have a box or three in the freezer, I used a circle die to cut out the "Sugar Free" sentiment from a Fudgsicle box. (Note to self: Eat all the Fudgsicles immediately as the packaging is now seriously compromised.)

As advertised, I filled my Candy Dispenser with sugar-free almonds. Boring, but very heart-healthy. For the 4-1-1- on the rest of the 100% sugar-free product I used in the project, check out the supply list below.

Soooooooooooooo, Wednesday evening Sheila and I ... together with our respective DH's, went to a 50th Anniversary Tea party. Oh, yeah, need I tell you how much the guys did not love this?!?

Grace and Harold are the sweetest couple and a lot of fun to hang with, but Sheila and I really get a charge outta Grace. She's a pistol: she swears like a sailor ... can out-dance, out-drink, out-craft, and out-last any of us ... at anything. She also happens to be hysterically funny. We just love her.

All three of us disagree as to where we all met: Sheila says at Weight Loss class, I say at the World Fitness Park the day the 'gator chased us, and Grace ... well, Grace says we picked her up in Michaels. To be honest, that does sound like something we'd do ...

"So, 50 years! I can't even imagine!" Sheila kinda-sorta congratulated Grace.

"I can't believe it myself! It's a long, long time." Grace responded.

Then she smiled and said, "You know, I just thought of something: if I'd killed Harold the first time I felt like it, I'd be out of jail by now."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... you da bestest!

Oh! And for those of you in the Great White North, the first ginormous flock of migrating robins landed in my yard today ... right on schedule! If history proves, you'll be seeing your first robin in six weeks. From today. Exactly. Go mark your calendar. You'll see ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" by Stampin' Up
  • Patterned Paper: Digital File by Miss Cutie Pie; HP Laser Photo Paper
  • Other Paper: Fudgsicle Box
  • Accessories: Various Ribbons; Various Silk Flowers; Heart-Healthy Almonds; Brad Pitt
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square and Circle Dies; Candy Dispenser Template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff; Photoshop Software; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

26 comments:

Charlene said...

This is so delish, noone would miss the sugar! And, you crack me up!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, this is a pure delight!

Julie Koerber said...

Darling creation -- hope you enjoy those fudgies (that's what we call 'em in my house!) and... by the way, is Grace my mom?? hee hee! Happy Thursday chickie!

chercroppin said...

Love this box Deb...I would love to try to make one myself...you did a great job hun!

Happy 50th to Grace & Harold!!

[it wouldn't surprise me either that you picked-her-up at Michael's, LOL]

Vicki C said...

Super Cute Deb!

ps. Send me your addy will you?
I want to send you a die or two to play with (if you want of course)?
Hugs,Vic

The Stampin' Royalty Goddesses said...

This is adorable Deb! (as is everything that you make!) Thanks so much for playing with us at SR!
PS I fully agree that the fudgsicle box is compromised... need any help eating them?

Allison said...

This is so purdy! And Sugar Free? Ha! Love the primas!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Great Project!!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!
:-)

Ann said...

Fantastic creation, Deb! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls! :D

Sarah Newman said...

Very cute.... I love it! and the almonds are a fantastic idea, and yummy too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Joan said...

Thanks for the heads up on the robins Deb. This is fantastic little project....such a cute little dispenser! I'll have to look it up.

Diane said...

I'm sure Grace & Pat know each other,lol!!!
Imagine that,50 yrs with the same man,she's a Saint!!!
Great candy box,I mean peanut box!

KAREN said...

This is so funny! So refreshing to see the boxes used in so many different ways. Love your colors and your design.

knitwit said...

The sugar-free almonds cancel out that box of fudgesicles! I LOVE the creative use of the "Sugar Free" sentiment--so smart!
I'm marking my calendar as I type...

Curt in Carmel said...

What a great little dispenser! Great idea with the sugar free sentiment circle! Love your ending story too! I just love visiting you! Best, Curt

eva said...

Really like

Risa said...

Your altered creation is fabulous Deb! TFS!!
hugs
Risa:)

jen said...

This is a fabulous creation- and I have to tell you that I belly-laughed at Grace's comment!!!!

Winter said...

How genius is this? Too sweet, I love it! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS Challenge! :)

Sharli said...

Hi Deb!
Neat treat holder! I think I would love Grace - she sounds just wonderful! I never knew that about Robins - but I'll take your word as you are the expert!

Hugs!

Elena said...

What a cute box! And I just love your idea with the nuts!

Corie said...

So adorable and yummy, love it!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey There! Just wanted to stop by again and let you know that your adorable project here ended up on "Card of the Week"! How fun! Here is the link:

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user/05600146509490194985/label/boxes

Chris said...

very cute indeed-y, but where's the chocolate?

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is adorable! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

Shirley said...

It's yummy wonderful!! Makes me hungry too! LOLOL