Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ohhhhhhhh, "Innuendo" ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers! This week is flyin' by, huh?

Today's card project was created for the Clean & Simple "Fall to Layout" sketch challenge, FTL76. For a look-see at the clean and simple sketch I followed, clicky HERE.

For my color palette, I used the color challenge from the Play Date Cafe Challenge, PDCC14. For all the colorful challenge deets, clicky HERE.

Today's card qualifies for the Creative Belli Challenge #84, to use ribbon on your project. Clicky HERE to check out all the challenging deets. And, the card also qualifies for the Pile It On Challenge, to use non-winter colors. Clicky HERE to check out the Pile It On Challenge blog. Finally, I've entered the card in the Dutch Dare Card Challenge, DDCC#70, "Summer in Winter." Clicky HERE to visit the Dutch Dare Card Challenge blog.

I used a plethora of paper scraps for this card: the orange bit of paper is from Stampin' Up, the lilac and rosy red scraps are from Daisy D's, and the green is from an unknown digital file.

My font-a-licious sentiment is from the new Stampin' Up set, Well Scripted, available in the Occasions Mini Catalog. This set is getting a real workout this month ... and I haven't even inked up the other five stamps! I stamped the image in fabulous-fun-flirty "Melon Mambo" dye ink ... my new favorite ink color.

For the skinny on all the other product I used to create this card, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, yesterday the DH and Sheila's DH, Ken, went on a fishing trip with Sheila's across-the-canal neighbor, Bill. Since I needed to hang-out with Sheila, I drove the DH and all his fishing gear over to Sheila's.

When Bill arrived, boat in tow, to pick up the guys and their mountain of fishing crap, I couldn't help but notice the name of the boat: "Innuendo." I thought that was pretty cool ...

After the guys left, and failing to divine some deep, hidden meaning, I asked Sheila if she knew how Bill had come up with that name.

"'Innuendo?' Oh," she answered, "his wife works for a proctologist."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Various Scraps from Stampin' Up, Daisy D's, and an Unknown Digital File
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Well Scripted" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Melon Mambo" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; 1" Square Die; Small Heart Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

31 comments:

Crystal said...

OOO Deb love this, what a great CAS and the design is wonderful!!!! I gotta case this one!! Hugs!

Tina said...

Total gorgeousness! Loving those punches of color, cool.
Proctologist, sheesh!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your layout and the clean elegant design!! Gorgeous use of punches!!
hugs,
Chris

LeAnne said...

Perfectly lovely!~

chercroppin said...

LOVE IT Deb! Both the card and the 'Innuendo'! I just ordered that stamp set from SU! and can't wait to get it!!

Joan said...

Okay - first - I love your card. It such a great way to use up scraps! I have difficulty with Clean and Simple - this is wonderful!!! Secondly - you would get an excellent mark from me today for language!!!! (I teach grade 4 language arts as well as music) I love the word plethora - even though the jury is still out on it's pronounciation. And, I so TOTALLY agree on your opinion on the "font-a-licious" script. I just love language and alliteration!! Have a wonderful day!!! Joan

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Deb! just the right punch of color for this white card! love it....and yea that is a fabby font!
Blessings, Maria


oh and thank you for playing along with Creative Belli!!! :)

Crafting Clare said...

Your cards are gorgeous and your blog is great fun. Really enjoyed my visit.

Julie Ranae said...

So good to have you along for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge...LOVE what you have done with these colors!

Hope you will add the Cafe to your challenge list and play with us again.

Also....LoVe your blog background!

FAB!

Allison said...

Hey you! I was doing this one when I clicked on over...love your color mix esp. against the white!

Sarah Anderson said...

Beautifully elegant card, LOVE how you used the play date colours. I had a look at other cards on your blog and they're just beautiful. So glad you found the play date cafe

Natasha said...

Cute!! Love these colours!

Davi said...

The colors you chose are a wonderful combo and I love that sentiment, it has the greatest movement to it!!

Elena said...

Love the colors of this very elegant card! Love the font of the sentiment! And what a cute heart in the middle of the square!

Audrey said...

What a stunning card. I love the squares and the colors you used are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Heather P. said...

Wowzers! This is fabulous!!

Thanks for playing along with the FTL! :)

Corie said...

Love this -- so FANTASTIC!!

Chris said...

very cute card! i love the "plethora" of scraps you used here, your word not mine...that word hasn't come up yet on my word of the day calendar...i'm on biotch. i've already used it several times this week on my wonderful neighbors...comes in ahndy with mainers, i doubt plethora will...see ya at church. what's the sermon this week??

Sharli said...

Pretty card, Deb! I love the colors!

Ann said...

LOVE this, Deb! The colors are wonderful!

Ceal said...

Simply Beautiful TFS and playing in the Belli challenge

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Deb! The clean lines and your awesome color combo make a beautiful combination!
hugs
Risa:)

Julie Ranae said...

I know I already left a comment the other day, but I wanted to tell you that I REALLY loved what you did with The Cafe colors this week and really DO look forward to you playing with us again! ; )

Brenda said...

Deb this is fabulous! I love the simple CAS design and so wonderful put together!

wendyp said...

LOVE this! Clean and simple, with a color combo that is to die for! Gorgeous!!!

Darsie Bruno said...

I love the clean and simple look! You've done such a great job with it! Thanks for joining us on the Belli Challenge!

jdmommy said...

I love the bright ribbon on this CAS card! thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge this week!

Curt in Carmel said...

I am so envious of your talent! It takes pure genius to leave that much white on a card and have it look simply beautiful. Your a genius Kiddo. Those colors are beautiful! Best, Curt

Chrissy D said...

FABULOUS! Love the simplicity - but WOW how it packs a punch! TFS!

Chrissy D said...

I forgot to say Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Shirley said...

Simple bright and elegant too! wond3erful!