Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Check Your Banana Bread ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, race fans!

Today's card project was created for my "someone's-taking-a-trip-to-Paris" card stash. I kid. I never send cards to anyone when they're taking a trip to Paris ... they've already received the best. gift. ever!

When I do use this, I'll add a l'il tag to the button with an appropriate sentiment:

I stamped my focal image in SU's Chocolate Chip dye ink, double matted it, and added a couple of lengths of handmade vintage lace. The last in my stash.

A vintage button threaded with beading twine is all the embellishment I used. This simple card would even work for the Dreaded Man-Card. Best of all, it's easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For all the exciting product info, check out the supply list below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday when I stopped by Sheila's for a quick second, she was baking banana bread.

"Ummm, that smells done, Sheila." I suggested ... 'cuz I bake by smell. You too?

Sheila answered that she had set the timer, and it was 'just fine, thank you very much.'

About 10 minutes later, I again said, "Sheila, I hate to tell you what to do in your own kitchen, but I really think that you should check your banana bread."

At that moment, Reid-the-Wild-Child piped up: "Aunty, Mommy has been burning that banana bread since I was little. I think she knows when to take it out."

Thanks for stopping by ... have a great day!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Pumpkin Pie," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamp: Unknown, Unmounted
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Button; Handmade Vintage Lace; Beading Twine
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me
HERE.

27 comments:

Crafting Clare said...

Your Paris card has a modern/vintage thing going on which I love. Banana cake gets taken out of the oven too soon in our house because we can't wait to get our greedy paws on it!

Crystal said...

Deb wow love the paris image!!!! Fabulous added lace!!! What a super creation gf!!! Hugs

Charlene said...

Thanks for the morning giggle and the gorgeous card. I'm going to have to compose an ode to your creative mind.

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, this card is amazing. Not a thing I don't love 'bout it.

chercroppin said...

So pretty Deb! What a neat image, and I'm really lovin' that lace!!

I LOVE banana bread, but oh yeah, I've been known to burn a couple, LOL!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Wow!! What an amazing card! I love the lace you added to it :-)
And just the thought of banana bread is making me drool!
Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

Viv said...

Love your vintage 'dreaded man card' Deb!
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards for Men. Good luck!. Viv xx

Nannieflash said...

Wow fabulous card for someone who loves travelling. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxx

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

I love it Deb! That stamp is TOTALLY masculine! Great job and thanks with playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Maria Matter said...

what a fab image! Beautiful card Deb, I'll let you know when I'm off to Paris and you can send it to me!!!! ....a grand illusion! lol
take care
blessings, Maria

lalkygirl said...

fab card deb ,love that stamp,thanks for joining us at lexis,good luck in the challenge
lalkygirl x

Allison said...

Beauteous! Love the Eiffel tower image and the lace you chose!

Janine said...

This is so lovely Deb!! I want to go back!!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - great Paris card Deb! love the paper and wonderful lace!

This would be great as a "think of being here while you have your colonoscopy' card to send someone - LOL!!!

Sandra Farrell said...

Nice job Deb. I love that Eiffel Tower stamp. And the vintage lace is a nice touch. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

maxine said...

This is lovely thanks for joining us at Lexis Creations this week and good luck

Joan said...

Great card Deb. I like your idea of adding the sentiment tag later.

redwasher1 said...

Fabulous card and fabulous story!!You so rock!!

Davi said...

Hey Deb, love the card, that vintage feel and the beautiful lace you used!! I think you should write a book about your friend Shiela...Im sure it would be a best seller!!:)

Erica said...

Hi Deb,
I decided to become one of your followers today. I don't know if it was the pretty vintage card or just that I never want to be without a Reid the Wild Child and Sheila goodie.
Hugs...

Donnas Den said...

Great card and wonderful story.

Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Lexi said...

What a great card! And i have to say i've never actually tried banana bread but i really must try it sounds yummy and my kids would probs love it lol..thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Lexi's Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us & good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Elena said...

What a lovely card! I really-really like the lace and idea with the button!
And Sheila reminds me myself sometimes! :)

Risa said...

What a fabulous card Deb! I so love your image!
hugs
Risa:)

Shar said...

Lovely touch of lace. Thanks for playing the both the Lace and Fiber Challenge and the Romance Challenge!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Beautiful!!!The vintage lace is just perfect for this image.