Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lost ... In a Sea of Goneness

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's card project was created for SCS's Clean and Simple challenge, CAS54, "Wishing for Spring." For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS54 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo:

To create my card, I followed a sketch on the "Just Christmas and Birthday Cards" challenge blog. To see the sketch I followed, or to play along, clicky HERE.

I created my card on a card stock base of "Pink Pirouette" and added DP from BasicGrey's "Blush" collection. I stamped my image on "Whisper White" card stock using dye ink, stamped a sentiment, and tied on a satiny bow. I stamped a second image to use for layering using brush markers, then popped 'em up on dimensionals over the first image.

For the rest of the heart-pounding product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, last night Sheila and I met up with her psychotic sister, Jill, and Jill's friend Brittany, for coffee and dessert.

While we sat waiting for our Chocolate Mousse (yum!) cake, Jill and Brittany chatted:

"This whole Ben situation is really starting to tick me off." Brittany said.

"I know! I just don't know what his deal is." Jill answered.

"He called me like 12 times yesterday!" Brittany said.

"WoW! He called you!?! Ohhhhh, wait, you mean Ben-your-boyfriend called you." Jill said.

"As opposed to ... ?" Brittany asked.

"Ben from 'Lost.'" Jill replied.

Ummm, WHAT?!?!?

Thanks so much for stoppin' by ... have a great day!

~Hugs,

Today's Challenges:

  1. A Spoonful of Sugar: Springtime
  2. Pile it On: Flowers
  3. Crafty Angels: Flowers
  4. Cupcake Craft Challenge: Keep it Simple
  5. Practical Scrappers: Flowers
  6. The Pink Elephant: Ribbon
  7. Little Red Wagon: Ribbon

Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: "Pink Pirouette" (Retired) and "Whisper White" Card Stocks by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Blush" Collection by BasicGrey
  • Stamps: Flower from "True Friend" Set by Stampin' Up; Sentiment from "Fundamental Phrases" by Stampin' Up
  • Dye Ink: "Close to Cocoa" by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Sea Foam Green and Pink Brush Markers
  • Accessories: Satin Ribbon by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

26 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb way to go girl with all these challenges..this is a beauty and I am totally ready for spring...This card made me smile!

Maria Matter said...

good mornin' Deb!

beautiful card, I love these colors together...you always use the bestest color combos! :)

great job on those challenges too!!!

Have a great hump day!!!
Blessings, Maria

chercroppin said...

Love it Deb! That is one of my fave stamp sets and I love that pop of blue in there, really coordinates well with that DP! : )

Tina said...

Wowy, McZowy! This is so stinkin pretty! Wow.

LeAnne said...

Absolutely YUMMY!!!

Donna said...

Stunning card, such a pretty flower image and papers...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Deb, what an absolutely great card hunny, i am loving the papers you've used, thank you for joining in with the JCBC Challenge this week, hugs Linda x

Catherine said...

What a lovely card ! Love the colours ! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Smile from Catherine

Allison said...

Ah, that looks awesome. One of my fav sets that I never owned and Blush DP...can't go wrong!

Biscuitlid said...

Fabulous simple creation, love it. You did a great job with our challenge this week at Cupcake

Hugs
Victoria
x

redwasher1 said...

Now here is another gorgeous card Deb!!!!!!

Kristie said...

Cute card!! I love that you popped the flower up.

Carolyn Wolff said...

Beautiful card!

Chris said...

cute card! i actually own this su set. as always thanks for the laugh!!

Elena said...

I really like how the DP print goes well with the flower stamp! :)

Simone P. said...

This is a fabulous take on the JCBC challenge! Love it!

Joni Parker said...

This card is so gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers. And thanks for sharing that conversation...I am reading it at work and had to try to not giggle out loud!!

knitwit said...

This card is so spring-y! It's getting me ready for my big, scary vacation down south!

Avril Tanner said...

oh... very cute! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon!

Kim said...

Fabulous card! I love your papers and that flower is fab!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

LORi said...

WOW...soooo super pretty!! Happy you shared with The Pink Elephant this week!!

HUGS - LORi

The Pink Elephant Blog

Rosanne said...

Pretty card! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Lovely card!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love the colours and design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Deanna said...

Super cute!
Dee - LRW

Ninchen said...

great card!love the colours!
thanks for joining us at JCBC!

xx janina