Thursday, April 8, 2010

Birthday Wishes ... A 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Happy Thursday, Stampy Paper-crafters!

Today's clean and simple (CAS) card was created for the "Dreaded Man Card" birthday card using ... well, almost nothing:

I die-cut the cake pedestal and the 'frame' of the cake, including the swirl, the candles, and the flames. I paper-pieced the center portion of the cake with a scrap of textured paper, stamped a sentiment, added some Stickles to the 'flames,' and tied on a satin ribbon. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all the clean and simple product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, since my back-surgery-thingy on Monday, I've been layin' kinda low. The good news is that I'm being a good girl and takin' it easy ... heck, if I take it any easier, the DH will have to check to see if I'm still alive! The bad news is that since I'm being such a good patient, I haven't been hanging out will Sheila ... but she did phone in some craziness yesterday:

"So, I wanted you to be the first to know." Sheila said.

"Oh, goodie ... I'm honored." I replied.

"I just finished 100 push-ups!" Sheila exclaimed.

"WoW, way to go!" I enthused.

"Yup. Of course, I started in 2008 ..."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... you rock!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip" and "Kraft" Card Stock by Stampin' Up; Light Brown Card Stock by Cut Card Stock; Green Card Stock by Bazzill
  • White Textured Paper: Unknown Scrap
  • Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
  • Accessories: Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon; Gold Stickles Glitter Glue
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cake Die; Rectangle and Rectangle Scallop Die; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

29 comments:

Erica said...

Hi Deb,
I missed you posting about your surgery. I hope you will be up and about soon. I always rely on you for my daily dose of laughter and fine art. :)
Ya' sure the mansy won't mind that piece of silk ribbon? You sure hit the nail on head (man-pun intended), about the "dreaded" man card. And we have a holiday comin' up where we have to buckle down to it huh? Think I'll check out your weekly review of blog challenges this week to get some inspiration.
Hugs, Erica

Sharli said...

Deb,
I LOVE your MAN-Card! I think it's perfect! Now if that ribbon had been a bow . . .?

Take care, sweetie and behave yourself. Oh, and no push ups for awhile for you. Sheila can do as many as she wants.

Hugs!

Dan said...

A wonderful card - so stylish! Thanks for joining in with the Gingersnap Creations Good Earth Challenge!

acreativeneed said...

Hi Deb, great masculine birthday card! I'm so glad you joined in the Crafty Creations challenge
smiles,Deena

Joan said...

I also missed your post about your surgery - hope you are continuing to behave and recover well. I do believe that you have rocked the dreaded man-card!!!! Great job.

Tina said...

Sweet and simple; a pure delight!

Boise Co-op Cooks said...

Deb, your blog just makes me happy! And your "dreaded man card" (ain't that the truth?) is AWESOME! Thanks for hanging out with the Gingersnaps gang!

Hugs,
Linda

Linda Ledbetter said...

Oops-- I was logged in wrong above (Boise Co-op is my WORK blog!). Anyway, same sentiment applies-- your blog and card are delightful, and perfect for the Gingersnaps Good Earth Challenge!

More Hugs,
Linda

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your simple man card. What's better then doing a card in a jiffy and having success.

Allison said...

This card is terrific! I love all the kraft and chocolate-y goodness!

Hope you are taking it easy chickadee!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

HI Deb!! Glad to hear you are taking it easy!! Hope you are pain free!!

Your card is gorgeous!! Great manly card!!
hugs,
Chris

Danni said...

Glad to hear you are resting so you can heal!!
Very nice card!!

Kristie said...

This is a great man card!! I love the kraft and dark brown together.

I missed your posting about your surgery, hope you continue to rest and heal!

Andrea said...

Hi Deb!! Nice card

Chris said...

love the man card!!

sheila exercises like i do...lol

hope you feel better soon.

Debra said...

Hope your surgery went well (or as well as surgery can go) and that you're up and around real soon.

Valérie said...

Oh wonderful class card.

thanks for joining us at sam this week

Elena said...

Love the combination of Kraft cardstock with brown!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Great guy card -- I surely need to make some of these up!!! I am always out!!! TFS!!!

Shelley said...

Oh your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
Hugs Shelley xx

Debby said...

Love it! Sweet yet masculine. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations this week!

Maria Matter said...

love the rich tones here hun! LOVELY!!!


hope you're doing well and this surgery thingy makes life a bit better for ya! HUGS!!!

Tethered2Home said...

Hope your recoop is a fast one. Your card is simply wonderful.

Brenda said...

Fabulous CAS card!!!

Rosemary said...

LOL, dreaded man card - that's great! This is a really good CAS card and those are hard to do especially with the added challenge of using some sparkle. You did marvelously!

Thanks for playing with us at Opus Gluei!

Maria said...

Beautiful card! Colours are yummy and the pop factor on the candle and cake are just perfect for a male birthday. Thanks for playing along with us over at A Spoon Full of Sugar. Hugs, Maria

redwasher1 said...

I have never finished a card that fast!! You go girl!! Great card!!

Jaime said...

that is simple and cute. Thanks for playing with CCC this week.

PetraB said...

This card is so elegant.