Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nature Abhors a Vacuum ... and I Don't Like 'Em Much Either

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

Well, this will be the last Easter card for this year ... I promise! Now it's time to move on to my spring birthdays. Hope you don't mind looking at birthday cards 'cuz I have a ton of spring birthdays coming up.

Today's card project was created at the very last minute using this cute l'il digi-stamp from Digi Kitty. This latest image is the current progressive challenge freebie ... as long as I keep playing, I'll keep getting free digi-stamps.

I colored the image with Copic markers, added some vintage 3/16" Easter egg eyelets, a sentiment, some DP, and finis. So easy, even I could do it! For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... for all of the egg-citing product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, last night, the DH and I went over to Sheila's for "Game Night." Yeah, I just made that up ... we went over to borrow stuff and ended up staying to play Trivial Pursuit. I'm still not sure how we made THAT leap, but somehow, we did.

And since her certifiably insane delightful sister, Jill, was there, she had got to play, too.

On Jill's very first turn, she drew "Science and Nature." Her question was, "If you are in a vacuum and someone calls your name, can you hear it?"

Jill thought for a minute and then asked, "Is it on or off?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Not Quite Navy" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket; Pink Paislee
  • Digital Image: DigiKitty
  • Stamp: Sentiment by CTMH
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Flat-Back Pearls; 3/16" Easter Egg Eyelets
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Brads; Butterfly Punch; Crop-a-Dile; White Pen; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

40 comments:

chelemom said...

Your card is super cute Deb!!! Thanks so much for your comment yesterday.....it cracked me up....and after the day I had....I needed a good laugh!!!! : ) Have a great day!

Crystal said...

Deb girl this is EGG-cellent....I couldn't resist lol!!! I LOVE the way you used those egg eyelets...I so have to remember that, I have them and haven't touched them yet...what a great idea thanks for the inspiration gf!!!!! Great Easter card!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Super fabulous card!!! I love that biking bunny. And I love your stories about Jill. AND I love your post title. It's a love fest, girlfriend!!!

Elena said...

Super fun card! I LOVE how used eyelets! You have the most wonderful ideas, Deb!
And yes, I like birthday cards too! :) Looking forward for your new projetcs!
Thank you so MUCH for leaving me a very kind comment! :)

Maria Matter said...

egg eyelets....how cool is that! This is a fantabulous Easter card Deb!! these DK bunnies are so fun!
have a super day hun!!!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

A-dorable. Love those eyelet eggs, soooo cute.

Penny D. said...

Sooo cute. At first I thought your egg eyelets were fruit loops... lol.

Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's this week!~

Katie said...

Deb,
What a cute card, gotta love those eyelets! And that story gave me the smile I needed, thanks!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Zoechaos said...

Those egg eyelets are fabulous great idea to use then this way. Very cute card, thank you for buggin' us at TT this week. Do not know if it works for the US but we have a sponsor this week, a little link to the Craft Barn puts you in the draw for their prize this week.

Crafteezee said...

What a super image. Love it. Thanks for cooking it up with Katie. Hugs Tracy x

Allison said...

What a card...fun and bright! I abhor a mop this week...Ave keeps making my floors sticky!

Denise Clark said...

Deb, one of your cards is being featured on my blog as one of the PICK 3 Top 3! You also might want to scroll down when you check out that post. There's a little surprise there....

Denise Clark said...

Deb, one of your cards is being featured on my blog as one of the PICK 3 Top 3! You also might want to scroll down when you check out that post. There's a little surprise there....

Digi Kitty said...

Oooh this is so darn cute Deb!!! I love how you colored him and the egg eyelets---hahah
You are so clever!! I love seeing your name on the Linky---you have the greatest cards!!
PS I promise the next digi will not be a bunny!!hahah

Hugs, K

Sally H said...

Beautiful Easter card! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!

Helen Dooley said...

what a great card. I love the egg eyelets. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges this week.

Kristie said...

Great card, I love how you used the eyelets!!

Beverley said...

Deb...so many challenges on one card...BEAUTIFUL!!!...awesome...thanks for sharing.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Sharli said...

Very cute Deb! The egg shaped eyelets are a hoot!!! Nice card!

redwasher1 said...

I like how you the eggs in the basket! Great card! Happy Easter Deb!

Gail said...

Love what you have done with the image,how adorable are the Easter Egg eyelets,so cute.Thanks for playing again at Digi Kitty.

Hugs
Gail

Gail said...

Love what you have done with the image,how adorable are the Easter Egg eyelets,so cute.Thanks for playing again at Digi Kitty.

Hugs
Gail

Shanda Stirk said...

I love your combination of colors and that bunny is really cute. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

lalkygirl said...

fantastic card deb,gorgeous image and colours and the eyelets are perfect,thanks for joining us at lexis
lalkygirl x

lalkygirl said...

fantastic card deb,gorgeous image and colours and the eyelets are perfect,thanks for joining us at lexis
lalkygirl x

Janice W. said...

You do such nice work! Love this one too!

PatR said...

Great card and thanks for joining TT this week. Happy Easter.
Pat xx

Denise said...

beautiful card! Those eyelets are adorable! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

shelly said...

cute! thanks for sharing in my challenge for craftycreations :) shelly

Rainbow Lady said...

Deb this is a super card. Apologies for not commenting before but been away at a craft show lol. Thanks for sharing and for your entry this week Love Cynthia x

Sandra Farrell said...

Aha - now I know what to do with those Egg brads. Great card - cute bunny. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

terrie said...

very nice card...I too like those egg eyelets...well done

Penny said...

WOW, I really like your use of the eyelets! Thanks for playing along with the cooking it up with Katie challenge this week!
Pen
p.s you can enter this in the Aifactory challenge this week too
(anything goes)

bettyboop said...

Great card Debs, thanks for entering the Crafty Angels Challenge.
Hugs Marie.

knitwit said...

This is too cute! And I had to think about that vacuum thing myself for a while...

Chris said...

very cute card, love those vintage egg brads! another good jill story, ever thought about writing a book...

Anne said...

Wow, great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking It Up With Katie. Hugs x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh my gosh Deb ... this is toooo cute!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge!

Alison (Groovycrafter) said...

Deb this is so cute...
love your eggs....
Thanks for joining us at Penny's..
Hugs Alison.
xx

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh -- at first glance I thought they were Cheerios -- LOL!! Darling card!