they have to let you in ...
TGIF, Crafty Stampers!
Today being Friday, it's time again for another "Stamp Simply" challenge! This week, Sharon encouraged us to step up with some challenge ideas and Janine rose to the occasion. Janine's fabulous challenge choice is: Chipboard!
This week's challenge is to dig out some of that chipboard you have and design your card or project around that piece or pieces. If you don't have chipboard pieces, then you can use a whole piece of chipboard, or try the cardboard backing on a note pad or an empty cereal box using one of your dies and cut your own. Or cut it out freehand ... let's get those creative juices flowing and see where your chipboard takes you!
To play along ... and we hope you do ... simply create a project using chipboard and post it to your blog or online gallery. Then, go HERE to Sharon's blog and link your project up using Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload your project to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please be sure to use Keyword: "ssnotime133" so that we can find your project.
So, once my creative juices got flowing, my chipboard took me here:
I created my card using a chipboard heart and three pieces of house-shaped chipboard by Maya Road, patterned paper by Jenni Bowlin Studio, red and white card stock by Stampin' Up, and a cute l'il dollar stamp from Studio G. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!
Be sure to check out the fabulous projects created by Sharon and the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Sharon Johnson: No Time to Stamp?;
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here;
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy;
Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color; (Deb won't be joining us this week as she's on vacation)
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and,
Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine, our fabulous Guest Designer for the month of April!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the chippy product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Soooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out at Sheila's when Reid-the-Wild-Child came home from school. In his hand, he was proudly carrying a beautiful drawing of ... something. He explained that it was a "spring land-scrape with tulips and trees and stuff." And he'd printed a lovely message on it: "To my beautiful Mom at Easter."
As Sheila's eyes filled with tears of joy, I remarked, "Your drawing is just beautiful, Reid, and such a wonderful tribute to your Mom!"
"Yeah, well, I wanted to put 'To Hannah Montana,' but my teacher wouldn't let me."
Thanks so much for stopping by ... enjoy your Easter holiday weekend!
- AiFactory: Anything Goes
- Alota Rubber Stamps: 3 Houses; 2 Patterned Papers; 1 Heart
- Crafty Creations: Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations: Sentiments Only
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays: Color Inspiration Image #2
- For Fun Challenges: Anything Goes
- Just Add Ink: Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly: Fill Your Boots
- S2G Challenges Twisted Thursday: Anything Goes
- Totally Gorjuss: Hearts
- Card Stock: "Real Red" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: "Trendy" Mini Papers by Jenni Bowlin Studio
- Stamp: Studio G by Hampton Art
- Ink: "Night of Navy" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: "Heart and Home" Fresh Chipboard by Maya Road
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square Die; Scrap Fusion Adhesive by Ivy Scraps; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"