Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Raidin' the Old-New Stamp Stash ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, Hoarding Card Makers!

Today's uber-clean and w-a-y simple card was created in a New York minute using this vintage-inspired, old-new stamp from my "Old-New Stamp Stash."

The "Old-New Stamp Stash" means: I've-had-this-stamp-for-evuh-and-this-is-the-very-first-time-I've-used-it:

I know you have two or twenty of these!

I stamped my Damask stamp, by Tim Holtz for Stampers' Anonymous, on card stock then over-stamped the PTI sentiment. I mounted the focal image on a card stock mat, popped it up on dimensionals and adhered it to my card base. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the exciting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, this weekend, Sheila and I went to our gym for some Reid-Free-Sweating-Time. Try as she might, Sheila just couldn't get into the exercise bike. She'd start. Then stop. Then start. Then go get water. Start again. Stop to go to the Ladies Room, and on ... and on.

Finally the gym manager, Michelle, said, "Sheila: close your eyes and imagine you're riding along Broadway in New York City. It will be more interesting."

"Oh, okay, I can try that." Sheila replied.

But within a few minutes, she'd stopped again.

"Now what?" Michelle asked.

"Traffic jam ... c'mon, you know how nuts New York City traffic is!"

Thanks for pedalin' by today!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: PTI and Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: Damask Pattern by Tim Holtz for Stampers' Anonymous; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: "Juniper" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart; "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)
The Occasions Mini Catalog Ends in Just 3 Days! Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

25 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

This is a beautiful card Deb! It's true what you say, I do have 2 or 20 of these stamp sets that I haven't evah used lol Thanks for the push!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!!

knitwit said...

I have at least 20 unused stamps! Guess I'd better get working on that!
Gorgeous card, as always!

tracy said...

beautiful card so elegant. Thanks for joining this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. hugs Tracy x

Julia Aston said...

What a great stamp Deb - and I love the color you used on it! isn't it great to finally use something you have had for so long!

LeAnne said...

Oooh, love this--and your Ippity one! You are just on a creative roll here!

Tina said...

WOW! This is so striking.

Margie said...

You did an amazing card, Deb! It's so lovely!
Thank you for joining us at SMC Challenges!
Hugs,
Margie

kim.mom said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!! Love the CAS look!!! I can so relate to having the 2 or 20 unused stamps....sometimes I think I'm a stamp collector instead of a stamper (he! he!). Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!!!

Danni said...

Beautiful!! It is so elegant!!

carol said...

What a perfect image, fantastic card, thankyou for sharing with sew many cards, x carol

Anita said...

So cute, thanks for playing with us this week at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs, Anita

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Deb you really do rock!! This is simple yet very beautiful and elegant!! You have inspired me to try to make a CAS card tonight. It will never look like yours though!!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

AWWWW Deb girl this is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE that image, colors, and design!!!! AWWW thanks so much for the well wishes........I am trying to get around and visit before I fall asleep again from these meds...LOL!!! Hugs sweetie, thanks for popping over!!!

Chris said...

very cool card! love the TH oh and let's talk about the PTI...lol

and just for the record, i exercise like sheila, only i call myself very bad words in order for me to get on the machine!! sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't...

Cheri said...

It is a very nice stamp. Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Cards Challenges this week.

Sharli said...

Neat-o card Deb! I have two of those screaming for my attention right now! So, I'll keep this short!

Love the gym story, too!
Hugs!

paulssandy said...

What a fun post to read. I also have several New-old stamps in my stash. Sometimes I think I am more of a collector than a stamper, LOL

And the expression "a ginormous" picture made me chuckle, thank you for helping to wake me up this morning.

Your card is wonderful. What a fun post to read. I also have several New-old stamps in my stash.

Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Sew Many Cards Challenge!

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna x

melw said...

Love the simplicity of this!!! It is just stunning!! Thanks for playing along at the shoe!!

SuzanneK said...

Fabulous stamp, funny how we tend to neglect beautiful stamps. Love the simplicity of your project. Thanks for joining us at SMC

Beverley said...

Deb...such a simple, but elegant card...and again you always do such a great job of combining your challenges...beautiful...TFS.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Kr├╝mel said...

Love the simple but so elegant design you´ve used for this card!

Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card!! Love the crispness!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Tracey said...

i love this! so elegant!!! wow! thanks so much for sharing with us at theShoe this week!
tracey

Rose said...

stunning card!! thanks for playing on SD