Friday, April 9, 2010

Owl Always Love You, Grad!

Pin It


TGIF, Crafty Stampers! And, since it's another Friday, it's time for another fabulous "Stamp Simply" challenge!

This week, Sharon asked us to create graduation cards ... however, our fearless leader realizes not everyone will need a grad card this year, so the ALTERNATE challenge is to make something to be used at the end of the school year -- a note of thanks, or a treat for the teacher, or even treats for the kids on the last day of school.

NO students or teachers in your life? No problem ... just make a card of congratulations or well wishes to someone ending or entering a new phase of their life -- new job, retirement, a move, etc. We're easy here ... LOL! Just have fun creating!!

If you decide to join in ... and we certainly hope that you will ... simply create a project using the guidelines above and post it to your blog or online gallery. Then, go HERE to Sharon's blog and post a link to your creation using Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload your project to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please be sure to use Keyword: "ssnotime134" so that we can find your project.

I created a graduation card for a special l'il graduate in my life:

I created my card using a page from a vintage dictionary and this adorable digital owl file from Heaven's Gate. I die-cut a tag and stamped my sentiment, then created a "diploma" using rolled up card stock and embroidery floss. So easy, even I could do it!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... for all of the fabulous product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Be sure to check out the fabulous projects created by Sharon and the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here; (Jen is taking tonight off),

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy (Tammy is on hiatus this month);

Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dreams in Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and,

Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine, our fabulous Guest Designer for April.

Sooooooo, yesterday Reid-the-Wild-Child called me up to see how I was "doin'."

"So, what's new with you?" I asked him.

"Nothin'. Oh. Wait. You know the Jensen's down the street from me? Well, they had kittens!" Reid told me. "And they got two boy kittens and two girl kittens."

"Really? How did you know?" I had to ask.

"Daddy picked them up and looked underneath," he replied. "I think it's printed on the bottom."

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... be sure to have a fantastic weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Basic Black," "Garden Green," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Paper: Vintage (1951) Dictionary Page
  • Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Digital File: Owl by Heaven's Gate Designs
  • Accessories: DMC Embroidery Floss; Black Eyelet
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Scalloped Oval Die; Tiny Tag Die; Crop-a-Dile; Scrap Fusion PA; Mini Glue Dots; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

37 comments:

Barb Schram said...

OMGoodness, this owl is wonderful! I LOVE the vintage dictionary paper! And the little rolled diploma, how perfect! Have a great weekend, Deb!

Joan said...

Cute card Deb - this owl is fantastic!!!

Rae Anne said...

Why is it that when I recycle it looks like trash, and when you recycle it looks like art - WOW!!! This is a really AMAZING card!!! Thanks so much for participating in this week's "green" challenge with The Crafty Hos!

Valérie said...

oh just wonderful !

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

great idea to use a page of the dictionary...this is fabulous!

enjoy *~*

Elena said...

Adorable card, Deb! Love how you added a roll of paper to owl! Love your creativity with vintage dictionary too!

Tina said...

Crazy cute Deb, love the mix of papers.

Katie said...

Fabulous!
I love the dictioanry paper on the owl and his little diploma!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling card -- LOVE that fun owl with his diploma and ear tag -- LOL!!! And what a CUTE kitten story -- too funny!!!

Denise Clark said...

Love your wise ole owl! The newspaper print background adds to the "wise" feeling. Love this!

tia ionca @---;--- said...

Oi Deb tudo que voc~e coloca à mão fica lindo!! parabéns !!! Eu quero comprar produtos da Stampin Up !!! e não consigo . como faço para comprar . Abraço.
Tia ionca
E-mail ( mo-amorim@bol.com.br )

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fantastic owl Deb! Love your paper combo--wow!

margie c said...

Wow! Your card is stunning! I love the paper combos too! Brilliant!

Thank you for joining the Pixies this week :)
hugs, margie

Velta said...

Oh My Gosh!!! This is one of the cutes things I have ever seen Deb!!! Your ideas are endless and always a pleasure to see!!

Carol Ann said...

Absolutely love your card the owl is just adorable Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

The Rubber Maid said...

Mr. Owl is adorable and your card is a great graduation card. Fun! Pat

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! What an absolutely adorable card! I love the owl........ it's amazing!!! Love the many details and the way you recycled! ;)

Thanks for participating in the Crafty Ho Challenge this week!

Barbara said...

This is so CUTE, Deb!! I love that dictionary page--awesome idea!

Andrea said...

Hi Deb!! Great card. I use (i think it is called) a Niji brush for my distress inks. I have found that to be the easiest. :)

knitwit said...

I've just caught up with your entire last week (how does this happen to me every SINGLE week?!!), and I'm loving the owls!!
Hope you're feeling better from the surgery. Or at least I hope the pain meds are really, really good!

aussiescrapper said...

This is super gorgeous, I just love the use of this gorgeous material. I love the way you find out the gender of the kittens, you never fail to make me laugh, I hope you are feeling heaps better dear friend. Love Melxx

Crafteezee said...

What a great idea, love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cooking It Up With Katie. Hugs Tracy x

Diane said...

You crack me up everytime girl!!!
I think it's written underneath,LOL! Super cute card !

Maria Matter said...

oh I like this done on the vintage print Deb, very KEWL!!!
You always DAZZLE me sweetie!!!

Have a fabby weekend Deb!!
Blessings, Maria

Allison said...

Okay...blogging this. Srsly, you rock my world with this one.

Theresa Momber said...

Holy Schmokes! That owl is awesome! Way, way cool, Deb!

Brenda said...

Wowza Deb, this is outstanding. I have never seen any cards like it!! How wonderfully refreshing. I agree with Theresa Way, Way Cool!

Crafting Joanne said...

WOW Deb, what a fantastic card. I love the paper pieced owl and the whole antique look.

Thanks for joining us over at Magical Crafts.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Beverley said...

Deb...I'm not a big fan of owls...but you make this adorable fella so easy to love...DP is great...the little tag is cute...and I love the colours...thanks so much for sharing.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

redwasher1 said...

Wow! Deb , I think this is the most creative card I've ever seen!!

Tammy Miller said...

Wow this is great thanks for joining us at Crafty Ho's!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the owl! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Thanks for playing EBTKS!

Janine said...

Love it Deb!! Hope you had a great weekend.

Liz said...

what a lovely Card Just love that image too Thank you for Joining MCFC this fortnight hope you will return
Liz x

Risa said...

What a fabulous card! I LOVE your vintage background papers and that owl is a hoot..I love him/her! Take care and have a great day!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

boy you sure are popular today. i had to wait in line a long time to leave a comment...it's a great card, love that owl on the dictionary print...very cool!!