TGIF, Crafty Stampers! And, since it's another Friday, it's time for another fabulous "Stamp Simply" challenge!
This week, Sharon asked us to create graduation cards ... however, our fearless leader realizes not everyone will need a grad card this year, so the ALTERNATE challenge is to make something to be used at the end of the school year -- a note of thanks, or a treat for the teacher, or even treats for the kids on the last day of school.
NO students or teachers in your life? No problem ... just make a card of congratulations or well wishes to someone ending or entering a new phase of their life -- new job, retirement, a move, etc. We're easy here ... LOL! Just have fun creating!!
If you decide to join in ... and we certainly hope that you will ... simply create a project using the guidelines above and post it to your blog or online gallery. Then, go HERE to Sharon's blog and post a link to your creation using Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload your project to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please be sure to use Keyword: "ssnotime134" so that we can find your project.
I created a graduation card for a special l'il graduate in my life:
I created my card using a page from a vintage dictionary and this adorable digital owl file from Heaven's Gate. I die-cut a tag and stamped my sentiment, then created a "diploma" using rolled up card stock and embroidery floss. So easy, even I could do it!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... for all of the fabulous product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Be sure to check out the fabulous projects created by Sharon and the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here; (Jen is taking tonight off),
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy (Tammy is on hiatus this month);
Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dreams in Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and,
Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine, our fabulous Guest Designer for April.
Sooooooo, yesterday Reid-the-Wild-Child called me up to see how I was "doin'."
"So, what's new with you?" I asked him.
"Nothin'. Oh. Wait. You know the Jensen's down the street from me? Well, they had kittens!" Reid told me. "And they got two boy kittens and two girl kittens."
"Really? How did you know?" I had to ask.
"Daddy picked them up and looked underneath," he replied. "I think it's printed on the bottom."
Thanks so much for stopping by today ... be sure to have a fantastic weekend!
- Cookin' it Up W/Katie: (New: Digi File/Old: Dictionary Page/Sweet: Owl)
- Crafty Ho's Challenge: Recycle (Old Dictionary Page)
- Creative Card Crew: Vintage
- Everything But the Kitchen Sink: String (Embroidery Floss)
- Gingersnap Creations, Random Redhead: Growth
- Magical Crafts: Animal Antics
- Pixie Dust Studio: Things With Wings
- Simon Says Stamp: A Card for a Child
- Splitcoast Stampers: CAS61 / Just a Sentiment
- Stamp, Scrap and Doodle: Wings
- Stampavie and More: Green
- Stamping Vacation: Pick 3 (Black, Ivory, Green/2 Embellishments/Cuttlebug)
- Card Stock: "Basic Black," "Garden Green," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Paper: Vintage (1951) Dictionary Page
- Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Digital File: Owl by Heaven's Gate Designs
- Accessories: DMC Embroidery Floss; Black Eyelet
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Scalloped Oval Die; Tiny Tag Die; Crop-a-Dile; Scrap Fusion PA; Mini Glue Dots; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"