Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Pick-a-Nick Basket Card ... and DT News!

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers ... hope you're having a fantabulous week!

Today's card project was created for my May birthday card stash. Would you believe I have 26 birthdays in May?!? Would you believe 25? Lol, I really do have 26 birthday cards to make and mail in May.

Here's a look at one of the recently completed birthday cards:

The vintage pick-a-nick basket image was stamped twice, once on card stock and again on patterned paper, then paper-pieced. I two-step stamped the daisies and stamped my sentiment, then colored the flowers with Copic markers. So easy, even I could do it!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Now, for the news: I'm very happy to announce that I am a member of the brand-new, CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge Blog Design Team! My first official CAS-tastic Challenge will be on Wednesday, May 5th. I hope all of you will join in and have fun creating Clean and Simple projects with us.

The other members of the CAS-tastic Wednesday Design Team are:

Barb Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Karen Baker: The Bald Dragonfly;

Angie Cortes, DT Leader: Angie Cortes Designs;

Regina Jones: Scrap Creations by Regina;

Bonnie Rose Kempenich: A Life Unrehearsed;

Agata Pfister: Under Construction; and,

Maylee Pham: Maylee's Creative Corner.

Clicky HERE to check out the CAS-tastic Challenges Blog. I'm really looking forward to working on the DT with this talented group of card artists ... and I hope you'll be playing along, too!

Soooooooo, this past weekend Sheila showed me a "personal safe" she'd picked up for her DH, Ken.

"Look at this, Deb. It looks just like a can of spray paint ... but there's a false bottom." Sheila explained.

"And Ken needs this because ... ?" I asked.

"Oh, he's 'old school' ... he thinks you should keep your money under the mattress. Only he's been keeping cash in his underwear drawer."

So yesterday when I saw Sheila I asked how Ken liked his spray-paint-can-safe.

"Oh, yeah, he really liked it," she replied, "he put his money in it the same day."

"Well, that's good ... burglars prolly wouldn't think to look on Ken's work bench." I said.

"Hmm, yeah, well, they won't have to," Sheila said. "Ken keeps the paint can in his underwear drawer."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Garden Green" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: October Afternoon "Thrift Store" Collection; My Mind's Eye
  • Stamps: Vintage Basket, Daisies, and Sentiment by PTI
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko; "Antique Linen" Distress Ink by Ranger
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Mini Button Brad by Making Memories
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Rick-Rack Die by PTI; Tim Holtz Distressing Tool; "Daisy" Border Punch by MS; Small Flower Punch; Stippling Brush; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
The Occasions Mini Catalog Expires in Just Two Days! Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

42 comments:

Michelle Custodio said...

You are really good in card making. Love your works.

Faye said...

I love the clean, simple lines on your card and the colours are fab too. Congratulations on your DT news. Thanks for playing at Lexi's. x

Joan said...

I'm reading this at school right now so I will have to bookmark that challenge blog when I get home - and I'm such a challenge addict that you know I'll be there!!!
I love this little basket - it's wonderful! 26 Birthdays???? - don't get writer's cramp!!!
Have a great day.

Tammy said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

LeAnne said...

Congrats on the DT! And your card is SWEET! I need to use this set more!

Lexi said...

Gorgeous fresh card hunni :D thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Tammy said...

Pretty image and coloring.
Thanks for entering this week at OSAAT.
smiles...Tammy

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful colours and wonderful stamping!

Glenda said...

Thanks for playing Deb - your card is beautiful - great colours. Your May sounds like my August! Congrats on the DT assignment!

Danni said...

Fabulous card and congrats on the new DT position!!

maxine said...

A lovely card, thanks for joining us at lexis creations

BonnieRose said...

So happy to be working with you gf... ! hugs xo

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous birthday card!!I don't know how you do it. I could never make that many cards in such a short time. You go GF!

aussiescrapper said...

Love my funny this morning, smiling right now, I love your sense of humour dear friend, just makes my days, I love the cards and super congratulations on your first DT card, gorgeous gorgeous, your style is simply elegant, which is perfect for card making, well that is how I like my cards, you are very talented. Have a great day....

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card and image! Congratulations on the design team selection and I look forward to working with you!

Cor* said...

26 birthdays....wowzers! Good luck. That's my Christmas card list!! lol Great card BTW , thanks for joining the fairies at FFF this week.

Sharli said...

Holy Moley Deb! 26 birthdays?!?! Yikes! I think the biggest month I had was 13 and I thought that was incredible!

LOVE this card - the basket of flowers is just darling!

Davi said...

Congrats Deb on your new team venture! Your cards are always fab and this one is no exception!! Girl you better be creating day and night to get all those birthday cards in!:)

sam said...

Men bless em they're a simple species arent they lol! Good luck with all those cards Deb, this one is just fab.
Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT once again.
Sam x

Cheryl said...

oh this is a gorjus card love the image and papers,you have used too thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT hope to see you again love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

shellshearer said...

Great card love the paper piecing, fab image

Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy Challenge' this week!!

hugs shell xx

Regina said...

beautiful card! I love the paint can story..lol it reminds me of a few people! I look forward to working with you at CAS-tastic!!

Tina said...

Congrats on the DT news! Love this card....I need to use this set more.

Denise said...

beautiful! I love the ric rac! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge and congrats on the DT spot!

Roberta Laliberte said...

That sure is alot of birthdays! I like the brightness of your card.

Thanks for joining in Fairy Fun Fridays this week.

Sarah said...

Beautiful creation, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

raindropecho said...

What a perfect sentiment to go with that beautifully paper pieced image! So gorgeous! Thanks for entering this into Sentimental Sundays :)
- Ann

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

What a great card. I have that stamp set and have barely used it...haha. Thanks for including us in your challenge card!!

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats on the DT spot!!! I've got to try to remember to play. I love to do challenges, even though I hardly seem to find the time these days.

Nana said...

Love your style, and you realy are going to be buzy with so many birthdays inc. :) Thank you for playing "Crazy challenge" this week!
hugs Nana

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous!!! such a sweet image!!!

Hey Congrats GF on your new DT...WOOHOO Deb!!!
HUGS!!!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

AWESOME work Deb and HOW FABULOUS to have your work published!!! Stamper's Sampler is one of my very favorite card magazines. Thanks so much for playing at Crafty HOs' this week!!

Tammy Miller said...

great card, thanks so much for playing with us at the Crafty Ho Blog!

Allison said...

You are blowing my mind with the card samples this week chickadee. This is classic and elegant..so springy!

Jackie said...

This is simply beautiful! Your color choices are just perfect for this card too, I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Ho Weekly Challenge!

Wendy said...

Still love this set!!! One of my fave, and you rocked the flower challenge with us Loonie's, thanks!

Scrappy said...

Great job! Love the colors and layout! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Hos Challenges! I hope to see you next week too

Jenny said...

Wonderful creation!! Thanks for playing my challenge! Have a wonderful weekend! The winner will be announced this weekend! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tracey said...

Congrats on the DT :)

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Georgia said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing The Crazy Challenge.

knitwit said...

I LOVE this! Daisies are my favourite!

thread-bare said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT x Clare (DT) x