Happy Stump Day, Hampers ... hope you're having a fantabulous week!
Today's card project was created for my May birthday card stash. Would you believe I have 26 birthdays in May?!? Would you believe 25? Lol, I really do have 26 birthday cards to make and mail in May.
Here's a look at one of the recently completed birthday cards:
The vintage pick-a-nick basket image was stamped twice, once on card stock and again on patterned paper, then paper-pieced. I two-step stamped the daisies and stamped my sentiment, then colored the flowers with Copic markers. So easy, even I could do it!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Now, for the news: I'm very happy to announce that I am a member of the brand-new, CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge Blog Design Team! My first official CAS-tastic Challenge will be on Wednesday, May 5th. I hope all of you will join in and have fun creating Clean and Simple projects with us.
The other members of the CAS-tastic Wednesday Design Team are:
Barb Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Karen Baker: The Bald Dragonfly;
Angie Cortes, DT Leader: Angie Cortes Designs;
Regina Jones: Scrap Creations by Regina;
Bonnie Rose Kempenich: A Life Unrehearsed;
Agata Pfister: Under Construction; and,
Maylee Pham: Maylee's Creative Corner.
Clicky HERE to check out the CAS-tastic Challenges Blog. I'm really looking forward to working on the DT with this talented group of card artists ... and I hope you'll be playing along, too!
Soooooooo, this past weekend Sheila showed me a "personal safe" she'd picked up for her DH, Ken.
"Look at this, Deb. It looks just like a can of spray paint ... but there's a false bottom." Sheila explained.
"And Ken needs this because ... ?" I asked.
"Oh, he's 'old school' ... he thinks you should keep your money under the mattress. Only he's been keeping cash in his underwear drawer."
So yesterday when I saw Sheila I asked how Ken liked his spray-paint-can-safe.
"Oh, yeah, he really liked it," she replied, "he put his money in it the same day."
"Well, that's good ... burglars prolly wouldn't think to look on Ken's work bench." I said.
"Hmm, yeah, well, they won't have to," Sheila said. "Ken keeps the paint can in his underwear drawer."
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!
- Crafty Ho's Challenge: April Showers Bring ...
- Crazy Challenge: Buttons, Brads, Eyelets (Button Brad)
- Glenda's Random Amusing Challenge: Floral Birthday
- Hand Full of Stamps: Use That Stock (3 Different DP's)
- Just Add Ink: Vintage
- Lexi's Creations: 3 Papers/2 Embellishments/1 Image
- Loonie Stampers: Flowers
- One Stitch at a Time: Flowers
- Prairie Fairy Fridays: Distressing
- Res-Q: April Showers (White Daisy Umbrella: HERE)
- Sentimental Sundays: Blooming Gorgeous (Daisies/Sentiment)
- The Secret Crafter: Distressing
- Wee Memories: Flowers
- Card Stock: "Garden Green" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: October Afternoon "Thrift Store" Collection; My Mind's Eye
- Stamps: Vintage Basket, Daisies, and Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko; "Antique Linen" Distress Ink by Ranger
- Color Medium: Copic Markers
- Accessories: Mini Button Brad by Making Memories
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Rick-Rack Die by PTI; Tim Holtz Distressing Tool; "Daisy" Border Punch by MS; Small Flower Punch; Stippling Brush; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"