Happy Stump Day, Hampers ... hope your work-week is flyin' by!
Today's card project was created for my birthday card stash using this neat vintage-inspired, collage-style image:
I stamped my focal image and sentiment tag using dye ink, added some twill tape ribbon; adhered some new-but-never-used Prima flowers, and two die-cut flourishes. So easy, even I could do it!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... for all of the exciting product info, check out the card recipe, below.
I forgot to tell you about this incident at Sheila's on Easter Sunday ... must've been all the medication I was taking ... but I remembered it again before it was too late.
So, Sheila was putting the finishing touches to the ham she was about to bake, but before she popped it in the oven, she cut off the end of the ham.
I had to ask, "Why did you cut off the end of the ham"?
And she replied,"Well, I really don't know, but my mother always did, so I thought you were supposed to."
Later when her Mom arrived for dinner, I asked her why she cut off the end of the ham before baking it, and Sheila's mother replied,"I really don't know, but that's the way my mom always did it."
Never one to give up on a wild-goose chase, I simply had to ask her Grandmother. So, when Sheila's Gramma finally arrived, I asked, "Why is it that you cut off the end of a ham before you bake it?"
And Sheila's sweet grandmother replied,"Well, dear, otherwise it would never fit into my baking pan."
Ohhhhhh. Well, there goes three generations of a fine, family tradition ...
Thanks so much for swingin' by today ... hope your Hump Day is short and sweet!
- Allsorts: No Designer Paper
- Creative Card Crew: Vintage
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: Bought It, Use It (Prima Flowers)
- Glenda's Random Amusing Challenge: Use Two Stamps
- One Stitch at a Time: Anything Goes
- Polka Doodle: Birthday
- Pollycraft Monday: Anything Goes
- Stampin' for the Weekend: Ribbon and Bow
- Stamping Vacation: Pick 3 (Cuttlebug/2 Embellies/Embossed Flourishes
- The Sweet Shop: Sketch
- Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Pumpkin Pie," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamp: Vintage Collage Stamp, Unknown, Unmounted; Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: Twill Tape Ribbon; Eyelet; Prima Flowers; Antique Brass Brad Pitt; Jump Rings
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Dies; Tiny Tag Die; Flourish Die
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"