Happy Earth Day, Crafty Stampers! Hope your week is treatin' you kindly!
Since today actually is Earth Day, why not take a moment today to hug a tree? Or thank an owl?
Today's card project was created for the "Cards Blog" call for cards created with wood grain featured on them. It matters not if the wood grain is stamped, embossed, from patterned paper, or hand drawn ... it just has to be wood grain. Sounds easy, no?
To create my wood grain card, I stamped my large wood grain background stamp on a Kraft card stock base, then die-cut the owl, the branch, and the sentiment. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... for all of the fascinating product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Sooooo, I was hangin' out at Sheila's yesterday when her mail was delivered. In it was a box addressed to Reid-the-Wild-Child from Sheila's dear MIL.
As is her usual practice, Sheila prepared to tear into the package but I insisted that she wait. After all, Reid would be home in less than an hour ... and I gently reminded her what happened the last time she opened mail from her MIL addressed to Ken. For the back-story, clicky HERE.
As soon as Reid came home, Sheila thrust the package into his hands and insisted he open it immediately. What kid needs to be told that twice?!?
The Wild-Child stuck in his thumb ... and pulled out a ... journal!
"What am I supposed to do with this, Mom? There's nothing in here ... all the pages are blank." Reid asked, turning the journal in his hands.
"Oh, well, you write down interesting stuff that happens to you," she said, clearly as bored with the contents of the package as Reid was.
"Oh," he said, a look of enlightenment crossing his face. "It's like a blog on paper!"
Thanks for spending part of your busy Earth Day here on my paper-less blog!
- Crafty Cardmakers: Desert Island (Kraft CS/Die-Cut Machine/Dies)
- Creative Belli: Die-Cut Shapes
- Die Cuts R Us: Earth Day
- Gingersnap Creations Chestnut Theme: The Good Earth
- Glenda's Random Amusing Challenge: Kraft and White
- Inktegrity Design Team: Sketch
- One Stop Craft Challenge: Things with Wings
- Pals Paper Arts: K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Sweetie)
- Simon Says Challenge: Things with Wings
- Stamp With Fun: Animals
- Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamp: "Wood Grain" Background Stamp by Hero Arts
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Quikutz "Owl" Die; Quickutz "Branch" Die; Cuttlebug "Thanks" Die; Quickie Glue Pen; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top Folded)