Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Earth Day ... Thank a Tree!

Pin It


Happy Earth Day, Crafty Stampers! Hope your week is treatin' you kindly!

Since today actually is Earth Day, why not take a moment today to hug a tree? Or thank an owl?

Today's card project was created for the "Cards Blog" call for cards created with wood grain featured on them. It matters not if the wood grain is stamped, embossed, from patterned paper, or hand drawn ... it just has to be wood grain. Sounds easy, no?

To create my wood grain card, I stamped my large wood grain background stamp on a Kraft card stock base, then die-cut the owl, the branch, and the sentiment. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... for all of the fascinating product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooo, I was hangin' out at Sheila's yesterday when her mail was delivered. In it was a box addressed to Reid-the-Wild-Child from Sheila's dear MIL.

As is her usual practice, Sheila prepared to tear into the package but I insisted that she wait. After all, Reid would be home in less than an hour ... and I gently reminded her what happened the last time she opened mail from her MIL addressed to Ken. For the back-story, clicky HERE.

As soon as Reid came home, Sheila thrust the package into his hands and insisted he open it immediately. What kid needs to be told that twice?!?

The Wild-Child stuck in his thumb ... and pulled out a ... journal!

"What am I supposed to do with this, Mom? There's nothing in here ... all the pages are blank." Reid asked, turning the journal in his hands.

"Oh, well, you write down interesting stuff that happens to you," she said, clearly as bored with the contents of the package as Reid was.

"Oh," he said, a look of enlightenment crossing his face. "It's like a blog on paper!"

Thanks for spending part of your busy Earth Day here on my paper-less blog!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: "Wood Grain" Background Stamp by Hero Arts
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Quikutz "Owl" Die; Quickutz "Branch" Die; Cuttlebug "Thanks" Die; Quickie Glue Pen; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

24 comments:

Crystal said...

Teehee Deb this is SOOOOOOO SUPER CUTE!!! I LOVE the bg and that owl is tooooo adorable!!!!! I will thank my trees today sweetie!! Have a great one girl!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Isn't it great when easy-peasy projects turn out awesome?? This is SO cute!!!

Joan said...

This owl is FANTASTIC!!!!! He's just so cute. I also love how you've shadowed the letters.

"Blog on Paper".....that is absolutely priceless!!!! Made me laugh - 'cause it's just so true.

Tina said...

Super awesome, that background is amazing! Love all those die cut pieces!

Glenda said...

I love owls and yours is fantastic! Love how you did your sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along!

Elena said...

Super cute card, Deb! Love the wood grain background! The highlighted sentiemnt looks fantastic! And of course love this owl too! :)

Maria Matter said...

oh wow, I lovvvvve that wood grain stamp, I need that...I'll be checking out Hero arts for one of those!

this is a super cute card Deb!!! made me smile as soon as I saw it, EXCELLENT!!!

Hugs & Blessings, Maria

joy said...

Amazing owl! this was a really special card! The wood grain is fantastic! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

Whooooo thinks this is adorable? I do! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Davi said...

This is just tooo cute! Love that woodgrain!

Chris said...

wow! this is fabulous!! what a great card to celebrate earth day with...and to think i just climbed a tree and hung out with the squirrels...you always have to outdo me...i'm sos freakin sick of it!! lolololol

Banu said...

Beautiful card Deb. Loved the background and the owl is super cute. Perfect card for Earth day!!

Sharli said...

Great card for Earth Day, Deb! I completely forgot - so you've already put me to shame! LOL

Hugs!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Super cute owl! I love how you incorporated so many challenges into one card. Thanks for playing along with Inktegrity's Hump Day Inspiration!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Yay! I like the wood grain stamp you chose for the background - it's one of my favorite looks. That owl is adorable with his feathers too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-) I love this owl and the woodgrain background looks fantastic ! :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Cara said...

Hi, Deb! This is my favorite owl!! Love it! Thanks for joining DCRU this week!!
Cara DCRU DT

Jacki Randolph said...

Fabulous card with the wood grain background and that cute cute Owl!!!

Thanks for playing with us at Inktegrity!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

sweet card !!like the cute image!! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46

Risa said...

What a super adorable card Deb!!! I love the earthy colors and your image is too cute!!!
hugs
Risa:)

wendyp said...

omgosh!! Deb, that owl is too CUTE!!! Love it!

Gwen said...

Your owl card is super cute, Deb! Love the blues and browns together.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@DCRU

~*Joni said...

I love the wood grain challenge, what a perfect background image to pair with this adorable owl. Wonderful job, thank you so much for joining us in our challenges!
~*Joni DCRU & Inktegrity DT

Julie Riley said...

Love the owl so cute. Thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers x