Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Uh Oh, There's a Face in My Flower!

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers! Hard to believe that we're half-way through another week. I seriously need an extra day or two in my weeks.

Today's card project was created using one of my very favorite color combinations and this fun, vintage-inspired stamp:

I stamped my image on card stock twice using dye ink, then cut out the flower petals, the text block, and leaves of the second image. I colored my images using Copic markers, then layered the second images over the first for some dimension.

I added some SU Filigree brad-thingies, turquoise brads, and a bit of sheer polka-dot ribbon. Finally, I added some sparkle with several different colors of Spica glitter pens. So easy, even I could do it!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the mind-bogglin' product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, as you may recall, Dreamy Jack and Crazy Jill are moving in together ... yup, into the "Self-Cleaning House." If you want to know more about the Self-Cleaning House, clicky HERE.

The delusional lovebirds are spending nearly every spare minute working on their new l'il love nest, so when I saw them last weekend, I asked how the new house was shaping up.

"Good, we've been spending the weekends there so we can start work early. And we've got a lot done: we stained and water-proofed (hahahah) the woodwork and painted all the walls. Oh, and we got started on stripping the kitchen cabinets." Jill told me.

"Wow, you have been busy!" I said.

"Yeah, but all of the fumes have been getting me high." Jill giggled. "I think I'm finally starting to come down though, because the monster in my broom closet wasn't there this morning."

And she doesn't have a broom closet either ...

Thanks so much for swingin' by today ... you rock!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Bermuda Bay" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Honey Pie" Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamp: Flower Collage Stamp, Unknown (Unmounted)
  • Ink: Memento "Tuxedo Black" Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Sheer Polka-Dot Ribbon; Designer Filigree Brads by Stampin' Up; Turquoise Brad Pitts
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Mini Glue Dots; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

19 comments:

Sharli said...

Hi Deb! What a wild card! The colors are waking me up! (well, that's a good thing) I love how you've put this together - it's got a lot of interesting details! The newsprint petals and the filigree thingies with the turquoise brads - awesome! What a great job coloring her face, too!

Hugs!

Joan said...

Very cool card - I love how you've put it together. I haven't used those filligree thingies in a while and I love how you've used a coloured brad instead of a silver one!!!!! Have a great day.

bettyboop said...

Lovely Card Deb. Unusual mix of colours, but works very well. Thanks for playing over at Crafty Angels Challenge.
Marie.

Amy said...

LOVE your card!! Awesome interpretation of the Elements Challenge at Design Dollies!! TFS!!

Erica said...

Whow..very original image and you colored it perfectly. I so struggle with this type of image. Gotta challenge myself a bit one day.

Chris said...

OMG, that was too funny...i actually snorted...i wanna drink with your friends...

love your vintage-y card...the little face on the flower kind of freaked me out...but over all very freaking cool.

you are my idol!

Beverley said...

Deb...beautiful...beautiful...I love the colours...the printed paper really makes it stand out...I love how you incorporate so many challenges...somehow I missed a couple of the deadlines on mine...I don't know how you do it...lol...thanks for sharing.

stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Davi said...

Wow Deb, I really like this card!! Love how you used the print and colored it and the face for the center is very cool!!!

Allison said...

That is one weird stamp...so funky though! Loving the brights!

SemSee said...

Oooh, I LOVE this! What a FAB image and those colours are delish! Thanks for joining our Heavy Metal challenge this week at Quixotic Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

Elena said...

This card turned out gorgeous! Love all the detailed work you have done here!

Tina said...

So many fun details....I hope I don't find a face in my flowers.

Erin said...

Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week. Please come play with us again next week. We love having you.

The Dormouse

Laura said...

Great card, great colours, great technique. Thanks for playing at SCD this week.

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

I LOVE the effect you achieved by layering the stamped images and fabulous job with the copics! Thanks for playing along with the Dollies!

Tam said...

Hi Deb,

Great job! Awesome creation.
Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.
Good luck..
Tami

Heather "Hev" said...

You always mange to bring a smile to my face Deb and this is no exception :) Love the whole idea :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week!! Good Luck !!

Please visit my personal blog Vanilla Hevn

Dont forget the Design Team Call!!!

MommyScraps said...

Great card, very creative!! :) Thanks for playing with the Dollies!

Nikki said...

Very Pretty Reminds me of vintage postcards with little faces in the flowers
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki
& Join in my digi candy till 30th too HERE