Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stop Being Such a Pick-Nitter ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, Craftin' Stampers ... hope you're havin' a fantastical day!

Today's card project was created for my birthday card stash using this cute l'il digital image from Heaven's Gate Designs:

This red and blue color combination is not one of my favorites, but in spite of that, I do seem to be using it a LOT lately ... exactly how does that happen?

I stamped my sentiment and die-cut it with a ribbon label, dry embossed an oval background, die-cut a tree limb and some leaves, and tied my sentiment onto the card using vintage mini rick-rack. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Today I'm at home recovering from a l'il back surgery-thingie so I didn't get to hang out with Sheila yesterday. But, the sweet and spoiled generous Wild-Child just had to call me up to tell me some jokes to cheer me up. For FREE. Capitalism really took a hit with that decision!

Soooooo, since it's all I got, I'm sharin' 'em with you today ... lucky you.

Reid: "What do you call a Nun who walks in her sleep?"
Me: "I give up."
Reid: "A Roamin' Catholic!"

Hahahahaha.

Reid: "What does a dancer like to drink?"
Me: "I give up."
Reid: "Tap water!"

Hahahahahahahahah.

Reid: "Why was the amoeba prison so small?"
Me: "Do you even know what an amoeba IS?"
Reid: "Ummm ... no. But I called you up to tell you my jokes and make you feel better. And YOU know what an amoeba is, dontcha?"
Me: "Welllll ... right, I do."
Reid: "Then stop being such a pick-nitter, Aunty, and say, 'I give up.'"
Me: "I give up."
Reid: "Cuz it only had one cell. {Big sigh} But you ruined my joke ... so now I'm not ever gonna tell you any more jokes, Aunty."
Me: "WoW, now I DO feel better!"

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... I'll be round to all your blogs just as soon as all the meds wear off!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
  • Digital Image: Owl by Heaven's Gate Designs
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Upsy Daisy" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Real Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Rick-Rack from Stash
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Oval Die; A2 Embossing Folder; Branch Die; Little Leaves Die by Stampin' Up; Ribbon Label Die; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

50 comments:

Elena said...

The most adorable and fun card I have ever seen, Deb! Love this cute owl so MUCH!

Sharli said...

Cute card Deb! I think I know how the colors keep getting used - at least for me, it's all about what's laying out on my work table! LOL

Back surgery? Little? Those two words don't go together! Hope everything is perfect and you're doing great!

Gentle hugs!

purplestamper316 said...

Praying for your speedy & complete recovery...from the procedure AND the jokes :) ><>

Tina said...

Too cute for words.
Hope you receover well and quickly too!

Tineke said...

Stunning card...love the owl stamp :)Receover well!!Thank you for joining us at SSDS this week.

Sue said...

Hi Deb
gorgeous card luv that fabby image, great layout, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

the crafty duck said...

Hi Deb, fabby card love that colour combo a d your little owl is soo cute!!! Hope you are feeling better soon, thanks for playing at MCFC, lots of love Steph

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Love your card! Very creative and fun! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
I invite you to hop on over and entering my candy give away!!

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Love your card! Very creative and fun! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
I invite you to hop on over and entering my candy give away!!

jackiescrafts said...

Hi your owl is so cute and I think your colour combo is great. Thanks for joining in at MCFC

I hope you feel better soon

Jackie x

Randee E said...

Oh what a cutie of an owl!! Great card. Hope you are feelin' right as rain in NO time!!

Here's one for you . . .

What kind of bee makes milk?
A boob-ee!!! HAHAHAHA :0)

Carol said...

wow I love that Owl...he's gorgeous...great card too - thank you for joining us at SCD this week, hope to see you again soon.

aussiescrapper said...

Hope you are back on your feet and feeling wonderful soon, love the great jokes Sheila told you, hope they cheered you up as they put a smile on my face here, I love the card and I really like the blue and red.

coldwaters2 said...

Loving that owl he is so different fab design thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Crafteezee said...

Love your owl, nice to see something different. Good luck in the challenge and I wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks for joining Crafts and Me on our first challenge. Hugs Tracy x

gina g said...

I love this your Owl is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our first Challenge. luv gina xx

I have a sweet pea stamp up for grabs on my blog if your interested. xx

joey said...

Hi Deb

fantastic card! I adore this owl its beautiful, thanks for joining us at totally papercraft

Joey.x

Allison said...

Amazing...love the color and texture! You always have something up your sleeve to make me envy you!

Lauretta See said...

wow,, gorgeous!! love your card.. all of it. Thank you for joining the first MELJEN'S DESIGN challenge. Good Luck!

Hugs x

Chris said...

love this damn owl card!! i'll be sending you some healing thoughts, hope you fell better soon...or at least scored some good drugs for the pain...

Linda L said...

This is the best owl I have ever seen! He is soo cute. Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
I am having a celebration on my blog and I would love to have you join in on the celebration. You may not be interested in my blog candy.

Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Kim E said...

What a great card. I just LOVE that owl!! Thanks for playing with us this week at SSDS. Best of luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Kim

tina... said...

This is a really fab card, Deb! Thanks for creating with us at TPE.

Gwen said...

This owl card is very creative...love the various papers you used. Great job for our DCRU Recipe Challenge this week.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@DCRU

~Christina~ said...

Super cute and so creative!

Patti said...

Just as cute as can be! Loved the jokes :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artful INKables!

Kendra said...

Such a cute owl! Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week!

Shannon said...

adorable and I love the colors together. Great Job!
Thank you for joining Meljen's first challenge. Good luck!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Darling card!! Love the owl!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU & TPE this week!!
Sheri
DCRU DT & TPE DT

Vee said...

Really cute image and lovely colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck.

xx Vee

Emma said...

Aw such an adorable card, I love the owl.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Roberta Laliberte said...

Wowzers this is awesome! I love how you used newspaper! Oh this is so cute!

Thanks for entering Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxox

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I just love that image and I adore the jokes! Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS, good luck!

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

Beautiful!!! Love that Owl!!!

Sammye JO
DCRU DT

Janet said...

super card! thanks for playing along with us at the corrosive challenge blog:)

redwasher1 said...

Deb, I glad you are doing alright!!
Love the card and I have tell you when I saw the owl on your card the first thing that came to my mind is "Clash of the Titans". The owl in the old version. Too cute!!

Shana said...

This is amazing! I love the colours and your paper choices. Thank you for joining us at Meljen's Designs Thursday Challenge - hope to see you again next week!

Ellie said...

Fantastic card! Love that owl.
Thanks so much for playing the DTC!!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, how stinkin cute is this!!! what a gorgeous owl, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity!!!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

AmandaB said...

Wow, your card is AMAZING!!!!! My favorite part is the owl he is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing your Flights of Fancy with us at SSDS this week..

Amanda:0)

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!! So cute!
(and funny jokes, too!)
Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!!
Dee (Spryte)

Cara said...

Very cute owl and card, Deb! Hope you are feeling better real soon!!
Cara DCRU DT

Amber said...

Such a sweet card! I love scrappy owls!!! Hope you're feeling better!
DCRU Hugs
Amber

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Another cute owl - these are JUST adorable!

Debby said...

Fabulous! Thamks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge blog this week. Take care!

LORi said...

ohhh i just LOVE this fabulous card!! WOWZERS!!

Big TPE and DCRU HUGS - LORi BOYD

Paula said...

What a fun card....love that owl! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

~*Joni said...

What a gorgeous card! That image is perfect, wonderful job with the color combo and awesome use of DP! Your jokes are so cute, thank you for sharing them. ;) Thank you for joining us at DCRU this week!
~*Joni DCRU DT

Lisa Lou said...

Love, love, love it! Super sweet owl.

crafty amy said...

How great is this!! I LOVE it :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

Amy xx