Monday, April 26, 2010

Hoppin' with the Ippity Crowd

Pin It


Happy Monday, Crafty Stampers ... and welcome to my blog, Ippity Hoppers!

So this Monday ... for the first time ... I'm participating in SCS's "Ippity Stamps Blog Hop." For all the Ippity deets, clicky HERE.

I have no idea if there's an additional challenge 'theme' ... other than using Ippity stamps ... but when has knowing what I'm doin' ever stopped me?!? So, here's my Ippity stamps project:

My clean and simple card was created using two stamps from my very first Ippity set: "Simply Home." I fell in love with this primitive-style stamp set after seeing the amazing projects my friend, Chris, created with this fab set. See? It's all your fault, Sistah ...

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the uber-exciting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, this weekend, I was hangin' out with Sheila when her insane wacky sister, Jill, stopped by.

"So, I almost got killed the other night!" Jill told us.

"Read a book, didcha?" Sheila sniped.

"Hahahaha, very funny. No, I was working at the new house and on the way back to my place, I fell asleep at the wheel!"

"Yikes! That's scary!" Sheila remarked.

"Yeah, and the last thing I remember hearing was, 'and now, here's a new one from John Tesh.'"

Oh yeah, that'd do it ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: All Card Stock by PTI
  • Stamps: Sentiment and Tree from "Simply Home" Set by Ippity Stamps
  • Ink: Memento "Tuxedo Black" Dye Ink
  • Other Ink: "Scattered Straw," "Shabby Shutters," "Antique Linen," and "Broken China" Distress Inks by Ranger
  • Color Medium: "Verdigris" Copic Marker
  • Accessories: Gingham Ribbon; Vintage Button; Jute Twine
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Square Die; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top Folded)

44 comments:

Theresa said...

Beautiful sponging of colour on your first Ippity post. I love the simple naive style of the images from this set too.

Velta said...

Oh my you are too funny!! Your card is very clean and simple and I love it! That sponging SO makes this card. Great goin girl!!

Crystal said...

AWWW Deb love the bg sweetie, this looks amazing girl!!!! What a GREAT card....WOW!!!

Debby/Darthy said...

What a great card! I love the colour gradation you've done. That tree looks great.

JenMarie said...

LOVE it!! FABulous!

Tina said...

How breathtaking! I love this!

Jen A said...

Wonderful card! such a pretty yellow to contrast the black!

Heather said...

WOWingly beautiful card Deb! I'm LOVING the colors and the ribbon and the image details! Just super stunning! First time here, but I'll be back! Thanks for the inspiration!

Poppit said...

So glad you joined in the ippity hop fun! Fabulous card!

Lone Pine Designs said...

So glad you joined us and shared this lovely card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Deb!! I just love your colors and design!! The ribbon treatment is perfect. Great image and very cheery!!
hugs,
Chris

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Thanks for joining the hop and sharing your lovely creation!

Chris said...

didn't even know john tesh was still out there torturing the masses...

love the card! and just for the record, i never twisted your arm to buy this set...you did that all buy yourself!!

Joan said...

Great card Deb - that tree is so funky!!!!

Ann said...

Awesome card, Deb!

Susan B. said...

Pretty card!

lynn said...

beautiful background sponging!

Silli said...

Your card is very pretty. Love the colors.. Thanks for joining C4C!

Gardner's Basket said...

Such a pretty card, I love that ribbon.

Martha said...

so cute, goes perfect with that ribbon.

{jennie} said...

Welcome to the hop! This is my second week with it. I think I'm hooked! Great card, too!

Allison said...

Great work with the brayer Deb! Love those ink colors!

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, Deb - love the stamp, the background - and that delicious big gingham bow!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

aussiescrapper said...

Just love my Monday funny with Sheila and Jill, and that card is just simply exquisite. Love that gorgeous stamp.

Brenda said...

Fantastic, I love the colors and layout as well as the wonderful stamp.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is so gorgeous love the colors!!!

de said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

StampinCathy said...

This is just one beautiful card. I just love Unity and Ippity stamps.

Banu said...

Deb, This card is just beautiful. Loved it. Very clean and neat.

BonnieRose said...

oh so beautiful!

Sharli said...

I love this card - the tree stamp is so neat - and the way you created the background for it - sponged or is it fancy copic work? It's very pretty!

Jen said...

Welcome to your first {ippity} hop! I love your card and that gingham ribbon is the perfect touch!

Eryn Hagen said...

GORGEOUS card!! Love the coloring & that gingham ribbon with the button is just perfect! :)

Benzi said...

What a beautiful job you did with this primitive style...love it, too. Thanks for joining the StampinB's challenge this week.

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card hun, love that background - totally stylish and wonderful! Jo x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is awesome Deb! Love that ribbon treatment!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! Great job!

Susan said...

I just love primitives! What a great card, and such a timeless message - thanks for joining my challenge this week!

Lisa H. said...

what a darling card. love how you created the background for the main image.

Kim Sonksen said...

Fantastic! Simple rocks and well done you on combining so many fun challenges

Thank you so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl

Marcie S. said...

Thanks for playing along with the Some Odd Girl challenge- I love the card, AND your humour. :)

Laural-Lee said...

This is great! I love all the colours on your focus panel. And the yellow and black gingham ribbon are fabulous.

Theresa Momber said...

Deb, this is so strikingly beautiful! Gorgeous CAS design.

Jaspere said...

Just beautiful. The ribbon really pops too. Thanks for joining the Odd Girl challenge.

Robin McK said...

Hi Deb! Wow, I really love this card! THe simplicity is perfect, and I love the blocks of sponging on the main panel! Thanks for contributing at the SOG challenge! Winner and a new challenge are posted on Thursday!