Happy Tuesday, Hoarding Card Makers!
Today's very vintage card project was created for my "Dreaded-Older-Man-Card" birthday card stash using three stamps and designer papers from BasicGrey:
I stamped my Sailboat/Map Collage and sentiment images using dye ink on card stock and a raffle ticket, then added lots of distressing and ink-sponging. I layered three different designer papers from BG's "Periphery" collection, added a metal key, a bit of scalloped edged card stock, and finis.
This would be a good time to send a big thank you to Denise at Stamping Vacation for drawing my name in her challenge. My prize was a gift certificate redeemable at River City Rubber ... which I promptly used to snag this beautiful Sailboat/Map Collage stamp. Thanks a bunch, Denise, I ♥ my new stamp!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for the 4-1-1 on all the products I used, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Soooooooo, this weekend, Reid-the-Wild-Child had his l'il friend, Eric, over to play. The boys wanted to spend the day riding bikes, but Eric is still on training-wheels and can't keep up with the Wild-Child. This minor snag bugged the over-achieving Sheila to no end.
So, I wasn't a bit surprised when Sheila said, "Well, Eric, it looks like it's time to teach you how to ride a two-wheeler!"
She got his training wheels off, gave him a pep-talk, put him on the bike, and gave him a running start.
"Eric! Step back on the pedals and the bike will brake!" Sheila shouted.
Eric nodded, but keep going ... straight into a mess of thorny bushes.
"Why didn't you push back on the pedals?" Sheila asked, helping him up.
"But, you said if I did, the bike would break."
Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope you have a great day!
- Cupcake Craft Challenge: Childhood Memories (Sailing)
- Cute Card Thursday: Mono-Mania
- Die-Cut Dreams: Vintage / No Coloring Allowed
- One Stitch at a Time: Torn, Distressed, or Shabby
- Paper Cutz: 3 DP's (2 on Card Base, 1 behind Raffle Ticket)
- Simple Doodles: Inspire Others (Open)
- SophisiCat Challenge: So Distressing
- Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle: Birthday
- Sunday's With Chrissy: Combo's (Designer Paper/Dies/Stamps)
- Tellen's Place: It's All About You
- The Crazy Challenge: Don't Call Me Flat
- Timbroscrapmania: Distressing
- Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" Card Stock by PTI; "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: Three Patterns from the "Periphery" Collection by BasicGrey
- Other Paper: Raffle Ticket
- Stamps: Sailboat/Map Collage by River City Rubber; "Genuine" Sentiment by Limited Edition; "Vintage" Sentiment by Hampton Art Stamps
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Old Paper" and "Tea Dye" Distress Inks by Ranger
- Accessories: Metal Key
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Large and Small Label Dies by Spellbinders; Scallop Border Punch by Stampin' Up; Distressing Tool and Ink Blending Tool by Ranger; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"