Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Celebrate Today ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers! Hope your week is flyin' by!

Today's card project was created for my woefully depleted birthday card stash using a cute l'il tree stamp from Hero Arts and a sentiment from PTI:

I stamped the Cherry Blossom tree three times on card stock, colored the blossoms with Copic markers, and added a piece of fringed DP for my 'grass' covered hillside. I stamped my sentiment and swirly-thingie on a metal-edge tag, tied on some twill tape, added two buttons, and finis! So easy, even I could do it!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all the fabulous product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, on Sunday night, Sheila and I and our respective DH's went to a house-warming party for mutual friends. Of course, crazy Jill and her weird boyfriend Jack, were invited too.

At the party, we were introduced to our friends' younger brother, Todd and his wife, Beverly.

"So, Todd, what do you do for a living?" Sheila asked.

"Well, it's a bit more complicated but for brevity's sake, I work as a Defense Contractor." Todd answered.

We all nodded and smiled and the conversation moved on to other things ... until Jack asked:

"So, what do you put up mainly? Chain-link?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Soft Suede" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Perfect Day" Collection by CTMH
  • Stamps: "Cherry Blossom Tree" Tree from Sketched Trees Set by Hero Arts; Sentiment and Swirly-Thingie by PTI
  • Ink: Soft Suede Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Twill Tape Ribbon by Stampin' Up; Metal-Edge Tag by Stampin' Up; Buttons; Natural Jute Twine
  • Tools: Corner Chomper; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Top Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

26 comments:

Sharli said...

Good morning Deb! How nice to start the day out with a good laugh! Defense.

This is a great card! I want to steal it and replenish my own lack of birthday cards!!! I love the "rolling hill", the fringed design paper (do you have those fancy-schmancy scissors from Martha?) and the way you stretched the ribbon across for a bang-up banner - WOWIE! Really nice card! It goes into my Deb folder!

Hugs!

Velta said...

Oh Deb ~ I love that grass and the twill ribbon...it goes so great together! Your idea of making a hill shows how creative you are!

little cardmaker said...

Your hillside is adorable. I hope Jack doesn't read your blog :) Thanks so much for playing with us this week at AiFactory!

Crystal said...

This is wonderful! I love the grassy hill & your layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Theresa Momber said...

Love your card, Deb! Those little trees are so cute! I need someone to come fix "de fence" in my yard, but I guess since I'm so far away, I'll have to hire someone locally...

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! I love all the extra little details you put into it..just wonderful!

BethieJ said...

Your card is so CUTE!!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Sue said...

Hi Debs
beautiful image luv the design, thank you for joining us at Totally Ppaercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Carla aka scrappypug said...

What a truly elegant and lovely card.. just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

The Rubber Maid said...

Great card and cute story about
Jack & Jill...he sounds as dumb as dirt. Pat

Brenda said...

Fabulous card Deb!! What an awesome design.
Hugs

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome layout Deb!! Love your fringed hill. Gorgeous design!
hugs,
Chris

Julia Aston said...

I love your cute little rolling hillside Deb!!

HappyCrafter said...

What a sweet bday card, love the grassy hill! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Sundaes.

Allison said...

Love the scene you created! What fun trees too...great job!

Crystal said...

Oh my Deb this is one AWESOME design girl!!! LVOE this and you are soooo creative, you ROCK!

Penny said...

Beautiful work Deb, and congrats on your win over at the Aifactory challenge! We hope you play along again this week
pen

Tina said...

Love it, love it, love it!

CraftyGirl said...

What an adorable card! Love those buttons! And also liked the story! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs again this week!
Barb :)

sam said...

love this card!! thanks for joining us at PIO!

Katie said...

Great card!
Thanks for Piling It On!
And thanks for the laugh too!

Elena said...

This card is so pretty and creative! Love the how you made a hill! And the way how you attached the twill ribbon looks awesome!

Terrie said...

Congrats on the selection at AI Factory! Lovely card.
Terrie

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous, love your fringed grass! clever idea too to stamp your sentiment & swirly thingy on the tag, I like the look of that! great job sweetie!!!
HUGS!!!

Chris said...

lmao! you hang out with some wack-a-doo ppl, you know that? never a dull moment in your little corner of florida...lol

way cute card, those trees are too damn cute!!

knitwit said...

Okay, I'm leaving all the housework and going downstairs RIGHT NOW to try this!!! Love it!