Monday, March 2, 2009

Funky, Fun, & Frugal Finds:

Pin It


Ahhhh, alliteration ...

Hey, there you are! And happy "Old Stuff Day!" Now, if you have any old stuff at your house that you don't want anymore, jess let me know and I'll make arrangements to take it off your hands ... 'cuz I jess love old stuff! When I go out, the DH never knows what I might come home with. Especially 'road side' stuff. Why, I can see something, assess it's worth, and come to a screeching halt in seconds ... all at 45+ mph! I know, it's a gift.

And if anyone has an old Hoosier they don't want, well, lucky you 'cuz I'm ready to take it off your hands!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's old-lookin' card was created for SCS's "Way to Use It" challenge. This week's challenge, WT207, is "Frugal Finds." For all the challenge deets, click
HERE. For the ginormous view of this card, clicky on the photo.

I'm also linking this card to
Michelle's "Stampers Dream Dreamy Challenge." To check out the SDDC5 challenge deets, click HERE.

My funky frugal find is the corrugated cardboard I used on the bottom panel of my card. This piece was packed around the sides of a box of card stock I'd ordered. I'd planned on using it in a project sooner or later; the Splitcoast challenge was the perfect opportunity to do so.

For all the card info, check out the supply list, below.

So, today I thought I'd share this quick l'il video with you. If you're under 35 or so, you might not get this but ... watch anyway:


BTW, I'm liquidating my eBay store inventory and closing up shop. If anyone would like to purchase wholesales lots of paper, and other fun mixed media goodies, drop me a quick note and let me know what you're interested in. Trust me, you'll get a good great awesome buy!

To check out my eBay store, clicky HERE. Thanks!

Later!

  • Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" and "Vintage Cream" by Papertrey Ink
  • Other Paper: Packing Cardboard from Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "Just because" by Papertrey Ink; Flower Silhouette by Club Scrap
  • Ink: "Vintage Cream" Hybrid by Papertrey Ink; Versamark by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Dark Chocolate Embossing Powder by Comotion; Twill Ribbon; Waxed Linen Thread by 7gypsies; Jump Ring
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Tag Die by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinder's; ATG 714; Heat Gun; Dimensionals

12 comments:

Tina said...

I love, love, love it!

Ann said...

Deb, you make trashy look good. ;)

Love that video, too!

Erica B. said...

I totally got that video clip and I'm under 35! Actually had to learn typing on both computer and typewriter. Probably ended soon after I moved on.

As usual you have nailed those challenges. You are so talented!

Elena said...

I love your card, Deb! So precious!
And video is so funny!

Michelle (Lady2cu) said...

Love your card, Deb! Great color scheme, and the trashy find is perfect for the card! :-) Thanks for playing the challenge with us this month.

Shirley said...

What a great card, Deb! Love the whole design. Also you should stop by my blog for an award you have been awarded for your wonderful contributions to my sanity!

Theresa said...

Deb, your card is awesome! I love the cardboard. That video is too funny!

wendyp said...

Love it!!! Going to have to give a second glance to that cardboard before I throw it in the recycling bin next time!

Margaret Kane Ward said...

Deb, totally loved the video. Ah the good old days!!!

Liked the card, too. :)

So, what's up with Sheila?

Paula's ponderings said...

Great card Deb! Loved the video - lol that brings back memories (is that Sheila in the vid). Hubby said if you want old stuff he'll ship me out to you...he loves me so much! lol

Have a great day X

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

fabulous card Deb!!! great layout too, love it :) ♥

Risa Malieta W. said...

What a super card Deb! I love the idea of using unique embellishments and your idea of using the cardboard is so unique!
Thanks for sharing the video as well, kind of brings back memories doesn't it? *smile*
hugs
Risa:)