Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thank You for ... Stuff

Pin It


Hey, there you are! Happy Thursday ... and happy "Poultry Day," too. Since we're all struggling to make ends meet, why not share the wealth and give a deserving someone the bird today!

ONward Hoarding-Card-Maker's:

Today's card project was created using spring-like stamps from Stampin' Up, a recycled ribbon, some eyelets, and a cute l'il Sizzlit die.

I stamped my images using die ink and my trusty Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I laid the strips out on my card base, set some eyelets, and wove some 1/8" satin ribbon through the set eyelets.

I stamped my sentiment then cut it out using a Mega Curved Rectangle die and matted it on a larger die-cut. I adhered a card stock swirl die-cut behind my stamped sentiment, and finis!

For all the deets, refer to the supply list below.

This thank you card is going to my dear MIL who kindly knitted me some way kewl kitchen towels. In fact, she carefully wrapped the towels in tissue and tied on the blue satin ribbon you see on this very card. Thanks, Mom!

I showed this card to Sheila yesterday and we naturally got to talking about our mother-in-laws. I'm not including my end of the conversation 'cuz I adore my MIL.

"She's a horrible woman," Sheila stated of her MIL.

"What?!? How can you say that?!?" I asked.

"Okay, she makes her own yogurt. Wanna know how? She puts a pint of milk on the table and stares at it!"

Yikes! I hope Sheila's MIL doesn't read my blog! And now Sheila does too ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Indian Corn Blue" by Close to My Heart; "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink; "Tangerine Tango" by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Butterfly from "Hoppy Easter" Set by Stampin' Up; Bird and Sentiment Stamps from "Spring Solitude" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Indian Corn Blue" Die Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: White 1/8" Eyelets; 1/8" Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Mega Curved Rectangle Dies by Spellbinder's; Sizzlit "Swirl" Die by Sizzix; Crop-A-Dile by We R Memory Makers; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig by EK Success; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714

12 comments:

Tina said...

Look at all the details on this one, so fun and fabulous!

Maria Matter said...

So pretty! Love that you used the ribbon from the gift! So clever!!
Have a sparkly day Deb!
Blessings, Maria

wendyp said...

how pretty! And love that you used the ribbon. She's going to love it!

Elena said...

Very pretty! Love the ribbon that you used! Your MIL will love it!

Theresa said...

Wow, I don't think I have the patience to use my stamp-a-ma-jig that many times on one card. Looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Um, am I bad because I not only love your cards, but I love your jokes?!?!
I look forward every day to seeing what you're going to say next! I even found myself repeating one of your stories (someone was psychotic) the other day! TOO funny!

Thank you for being a bright spot in my day!

Sharli - CTMH, AZ

Ann said...

Oooh, I love this color combo and the way the swirls wrap around the sentiment!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Love this beauty. Can't decide if it has a French feel or a Pennsylvannia Dutch feel. The shapes and the color are a lot of fun. Can't wait to CASE this :D

Hugs - Jean

Paula's ponderings said...

Lovely card Deb and great story. I hope Im never the kind of MIL that can make yoghurt without a yoghurt maker!! I know what you mean about trying to make ends meet, you think youve got there and someone moves the ends!!

Tonniece said...

Nice and happy card Deb. And it don't hurt that it's my fave color.

Poor Sheila, Bummer when you dislike your MIL, but that yogurt thing had me ROFL.

Happy Friday

Joan said...

Oh I love this Deb!

Laura said...

Very pretty! And I was also so happy to see this set used. I have it stashed somewhere with my other retired stamp sets, and I haven't used it in forever! Thanks for the reminder to pull it out.

Luckily, I have the best MIL in the world, but I have a step monster that sounds like Sheila's MIL. When I tell my brothers the yogurt joke they will die laughing!