Hey, there you are! Happy Thursday ... and happy "Poultry Day," too. Since we're all struggling to make ends meet, why not share the wealth and give a deserving someone the bird today!
Today's card project was created using spring-like stamps from Stampin' Up, a recycled ribbon, some eyelets, and a cute l'il Sizzlit die.
I stamped my images using die ink and my trusty Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I laid the strips out on my card base, set some eyelets, and wove some 1/8" satin ribbon through the set eyelets.
I stamped my sentiment then cut it out using a Mega Curved Rectangle die and matted it on a larger die-cut. I adhered a card stock swirl die-cut behind my stamped sentiment, and finis!
For all the deets, refer to the supply list below.
This thank you card is going to my dear MIL who kindly knitted me some way kewl kitchen towels. In fact, she carefully wrapped the towels in tissue and tied on the blue satin ribbon you see on this very card. Thanks, Mom!
I showed this card to Sheila yesterday and we naturally got to talking about our mother-in-laws. I'm not including my end of the conversation 'cuz I adore my MIL.
"She's a horrible woman," Sheila stated of her MIL.
"What?!? How can you say that?!?" I asked.
"Okay, she makes her own yogurt. Wanna know how? She puts a pint of milk on the table and stares at it!"
Yikes! I hope Sheila's MIL doesn't read my blog! And now Sheila does too ...
- Card Stock: "Indian Corn Blue" by Close to My Heart; "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink; "Tangerine Tango" by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: Butterfly from "Hoppy Easter" Set by Stampin' Up; Bird and Sentiment Stamps from "Spring Solitude" Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Indian Corn Blue" Die Ink by Close to My Heart
- Accessories: White 1/8" Eyelets; 1/8" Satin Ribbon
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Mega Curved Rectangle Dies by Spellbinder's; Sizzlit "Swirl" Die by Sizzix; Crop-A-Dile by We R Memory Makers; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig by EK Success; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714