Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What's the Story, Morning Glory?

Pin It


Happy Hump day everyone! Oh, and a very happy "National Pecan" day and "National Waffle" day. I don't understand why can't they just settle on one; they must have run outta days ...

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created with an acetate transparency I created. If you're interested in taking a look at the entire sheet, clicky HERE. If you purchase any of these transparencies, let me know that you saw it on my blog, and I'll throw in some fun freebies, okeedokee?!?

I ran my transparencies through the Xyron machine then adhered it on top of a page from a vintage (1950), dictionary.

I mounted that on "Blue Bayou" card stock, created a black mat with a vertical orientation, and adhered it to my "Kiwi Kiss" card base. I trimmed 1/2" off the right hand side of the card and attached a scalloped edge punchie.

I stamped my sentiment and finis! So quick to create, it qualifies for the coveted title of "15 Minute Project!"

So Sheila's son, Reid-the-Wild Child, came home yesterday with a big ole' shiner.

"Well, Reid," Sheila said, "I'm terribly ashamed of you! Fighting with your best friend is a terrible thing to do!"

"But he threw a rock at me first! Soooooo, I threw one at him."

Sheila glared at him and said, "When he threw a rock at you, you should have come straight to me."

"What good would that have done?" Reid moaned. "My aim is much better than yours."

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Blue Bayou" and "Kiwi Kiss" by Stampin' Up
  • Other Paper: Vintage (1950) Dictionary Pages, Personal Collection
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Say it in Style" Set by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Black Soot" Distress Ink by Ranger
  • Tools: Ticket Corner Punch by Stampin' Up; Simple Scallops Border Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Xyron Adhesive Machine; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714

9 comments:

Tina said...

So pretty, never thought of using a printed transparency. Love this.

Maria Matter said...

Too kewl for schewl!!!
This is just gorgeous! I really like the look of the scalloped print and the transparency morning glory is beautiful, even the Thinking of You font is perfect!
You so rock vintage Deb!!!
Have a super duper day!!!
Blessings, Maria

savy said...

Oh My Goodness!!!
You are knocking me out lately - really!!! Do you sell these? I want to buy the last 2!

Elena said...

Wow! That is beauitful! I love the flowers on the transparency!
I agree with Wild Child! Loved this joke!

SusanH said...

Very cool!! And I'm voting for National Pecan Waffle day - they're soooo good!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I love this look, so pretty.

Risa said...

You are so darn creative Deb! Your card is beautiful and TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Dawn said...

This is so cool. I love the vintage dictionary. Great job.

Allison said...

I like this one so much...great color palette! The typed paper you always include is such a great effect!