Happy Friday ... at last!
Today's card was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS07. This week, the challenge is to use punches. For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS07 gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.
This "Embossed Quilt" card was a CASE of a CASE of a CASE of a CASE of a CASE ... at least that's how far back I tracked it. Now I don't even remember where I started! And I have no idea who actually invented the technique; if you do, please let me know so I can post the proper credit.
I used a 1 1/4" square punch to punch out nine squares of designer paper, then pieced them together on card stock. Using the largest die in the "Labels One" set, I cut out my patchwork, then ran the die-cut through the 'Bug using the "Perfectly Paisley" embossing folder.
I stamped some "stitches" on the paper seams, then adhered four threaded vintage buttons. I stamped my sentiment, die cut it, added some brads, then mounted the sentiment panel to my card using foam tape. Finis!
For all the product info, check out the supply list, below.
So, Sheila and I were hanging out with a couple of our girlfriends and the talk naturally turned to shopping ... and shoes ... and men.
"Men are like fine wine." Sheila proclaimed.
"Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!?" We were stunned!
"Let me explain," Sheila said. "They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something which you'd like to have dinner with."
Say it, Sistah!
- Card Stock: "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink
- Designer Paper: "Trendy" Collection by Jenni Bowlin Studio
- Stamps: Stitches from "Hemlines" Set by Paper Salon; Sentiment from "Season of Friendship" Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Outdoor Denim" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
- Accessories: Vintage Buttons; DMC Embroidery Floss; Brads
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Labels One Die by Spellbinder's; Cuttlebug "Perfectly Paisley" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Double Ended Tag Die by Spellbinder's; 1 1/4" Square Punch by McGill; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714