Friday, March 27, 2009

Patchwork Punch Project ...

Pin It


Happy Friday ... at last!

Today's card was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS07. This week, the challenge is to use punches. For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS07 gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

This "Embossed Quilt" card was a CASE of a CASE of a CASE of a CASE of a CASE ... at least that's how far back I tracked it. Now I don't even remember where I started! And I have no idea who actually invented the technique; if you do, please let me know so I can post the proper credit.

I used a 1 1/4" square punch to punch out nine squares of designer paper, then pieced them together on card stock. Using the largest die in the "Labels One" set, I cut out my patchwork, then ran the die-cut through the 'Bug using the "Perfectly Paisley" embossing folder.

I stamped some "stitches" on the paper seams, then adhered four threaded vintage buttons. I stamped my sentiment, die cut it, added some brads, then mounted the sentiment panel to my card using foam tape. Finis!

For all the product info, check out the supply list, below.

So, Sheila and I were hanging out with a couple of our girlfriends and the talk naturally turned to shopping ... and shoes ... and men.

"Men are like fine wine." Sheila proclaimed.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!?" We were stunned!

"Let me explain," Sheila said. "They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something which you'd like to have dinner with."

Say it, Sistah!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Trendy" Collection by Jenni Bowlin Studio
  • Stamps: Stitches from "Hemlines" Set by Paper Salon; Sentiment from "Season of Friendship" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Outdoor Denim" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Vintage Buttons; DMC Embroidery Floss; Brads
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Labels One Die by Spellbinder's; Cuttlebug "Perfectly Paisley" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Double Ended Tag Die by Spellbinder's; 1 1/4" Square Punch by McGill; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714

14 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, the embossing really does add the oomph and makes it look like an actual quilt...ingenious!

Dawn said...

This turned out great. I really like the stitching. It is perfect for a quilty card. TFS

Elena said...

Love your quilt! Embossing really gave a very nice effect! It looks like it was quilted!
You are so creative, Deb!

Maria Matter said...

LOL, oh, you said it Sheila!!!!

OMGosh, Deb, one word....incredible!!! This is just so cool...I'm CASEing this baby! Well, OK, I don't have those papers or that die or that CB folder...but I'm CASEing this!
Love it!!!
Have a super duper weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Tonniece said...

LOL, right on Sheila.

In case you didn't know it Deb, this case of a case of a case of .......is gorgeous.

Have a great weekend

Allison said...

A very cool technique...atta girl!

The Rubber Maid said...

Your quilting is awesome. love your choice of "fabric". Very nice. Pat

Sharli said...

Deb,
Love the quilt card! Beautiful!
I have to tell you - I also LOVE your stories about your friend Sheila! I wish I could make my blog as interesting and fun as your's is!!! I laugh out loud when I read yours!

Thank you!!!!
Sharli

Theresa said...

Fabulous quilted card, Deb! Love the Sheila story. So is sooooo right!

mochamama said...

you are too funny Deb, I can always count on you for a good laugh! Your card is awesome. I have seen this quilt patern elsewhere but it just looks like too much work for me!

chelemom said...

LOL!!!! : ) Thanks for the giggle!!! Love your beautiful card too!!!

Ann said...

LOVE this card, Deb! The patchwork and colors are FAB!

Chris said...

very cute card!! love the patchwork. i'm with sheila about men, i live with 3...i def know i am the most intelligent here...LOL

Risa said...

Your quilt is sooooo pretty!!!! I love it and I think this technique has to be one of my favorites, simple with fantastic visual appeal!
hugs
Risa:)