Monday, March 30, 2009

A Color Combination Not Worth Repeating:

Pin It


Happy Monday ... and happy "I'm in Control" Day! Right. Hey, isn't that a brand of adult diapers? Well, maybe not ... but it should be!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card was created for SCS's weekly color combination challenge. This week's challenge, CC211, calls for Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, and Kiwi Kiss. While I really love these colors individually, I'm really not lovin' 'em together. And I prolly won't be pairing 'em up again anytime soon. Like never. Ever. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but they look kinda ... ummm ... terrible ... together. Guess that's why they call it a "challenge," huh?!?

For all the challenge-like deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the challenge gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

The kooky layout is mine ... and I did a l'il bit of paper piecing on the flowers. {Yawn}. For all the colorful ingredients, check out the supply list, below.

So, this weekend I had the bad luck pleasure of taking care of Sheila's son, Reid-the-Wild-Child, for a few hours. I'm still recoverin' ...

"So, Reid," I said. "Has Mommy taught you all your numbers?"

"Yup!"

"Good for you! So tell me, what comes after three?" I asked.

"Four," Reid answered.

"What comes after six?"

"Seven!"

"That's fantastic, Reid! Mommy did a really good job teaching you your numbers," I said enthusiastically.

"So, what comes after ten?" I asked.

"A jack!"

I. Kid. You. Not!

And, if you don't mind, I must say, "Yay! men AND women UCONN hoopsters! Big East Rulzzz!" Thanks for lettin' me get that outta my system ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Close to My Heart
  • Stamp: "Pattern Flowers" by Hero Arts; Sentiment by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Kiwi Kiss" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Rhinestones by Me & My Big Ideas
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Large Classic Rectangle Dies by Spellbinder's; Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencil; Gamsol OMS; Foam Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714

12 comments:

Elena said...

I love the spring colors on your cards! So pretty! Flowers are so cute!
Love your story, Deb!

Tina said...

So very lovely, I think you rocked the challenge!

Risa said...

Your card is pure awesomeness Deb! The flowers and the colors are all in perfect harmony...I just LUV it!!

Sheila and her entire family are a riot!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Maria Matter said...

LOL, a jack, I wasn't expecting that! Say what you might, it's always nice to understand the "game" from a young age...I always say!
Adorable card Deb! You did a great job with these colors! You took that which was unattractive and created beauty! You truly are an artist! :)
Have a great day!!!
Blessings, Maria

Joan said...

I think your card looks great - bright, cheery and full of spring. Have a great day.

Tonniece said...

Terrible? Nah, they are fresh and lovely together. Just the touch we need today with all the yucky rain.


Happy Monday

Mrs Adept said...

That's a great idea to teach counting to ten with cards. I must remmeber that. Except I'll stop before I get to the Jack. :) Very cute.

I think you did super good with the card, I actually quite like it. :)

Hannah said...

oh, i don't think they look yucky at all ;-) i think it's cute.

Allison said...

I love these together...I am gonna have to try it (I haven't even hit SCS in so long!).

Theresa said...

I really like the colors on this card. Had no idea it was that color combo (which I ran screaming from). You did a great job with it.

Chris said...

great challenge card!! it's awesome...what do you mean jack doesn't come after 10?? no wonder i had a rough math career...LOL

wendyp said...

I'm loving them together! I wouldn't think to add the pink in there, but it just screams "spring" to me and I'm all about spring right now! Adorable card, Deb!