Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hello, Pretty (Old) Bird ...

Pin It


Hi there ... and happy "Make Up Your Own Holiday" day. I've decided that today is "No Cooking" day at my house. So, if the DH is reading this, guess what Honey?!? No breakfast this morning! And, ummm ... no dinner tonight, either. Dang, I jess love the holidays ...

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for the Caardvark's sketch challenge. For a look at the sketch I followed, and all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I paired this kewl patterned paper from Close to My Heart's "Perfect Day" collection with this cute l'il bird graphic I clipped from a children's book published in 1899.

These gorgeous bird-themed stamps, from Oxford Impressions, are available HERE. These stamps are beautiful, v-e-r-y affordable, and made from deeply etched red rubber. And Suzanne, the owner, is the bestest!

I added my bird-like stamped images, some vintage buttons, and popped the bird graphic up on dimensionals. Finally, I stamped "hello" on a l'il tag and attached it to the ribbon with jump rings. For all the product info, check out my supply list, below.

So, yesterday, I popped in on Sheila and discovered that Reid-the-Wild-Child had found three kittens ... and had convinced Sheila that he should keep them. The l'il devil's got talent, I'll give him that!

We peeked out the window and saw Reid playing "church" with the kittens. He had them lined up and was preaching to them. So cute!

A few minutes later, we heard the unmistakable sound of v-e-r-y unhappy kittens. We looked out and saw Reid "baptizing" the kittens in the pond.

"Stop that right now!" Sheila demanded. "You'll drown those poor kitties!"

Reid look up and without missing a beat hollered back: "They should've thought of that before they joined my church!"

Little devil ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Perfect Day" Collection by Close to My Heart, Available HERE
  • Other Paper: Vintage Graphic
  • Stamps: "Bird Nests" and "Eggs" from "The Bird's Nest" Set by Oxford Impressions; Sentiment from "Simple Little Things" Set by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Juniper" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Vintage Buttons; Jump Rings
  • Tools: "Zig Zag" Border Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714; "The Ultimate" by Api

11 comments:

Maria Matter said...

LOL! What a fun way to start the morning!
Love these images and distressed look! Really gorgeous Deb!!
Have a great holiday today, I think my holiday will be...hire a maid day!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

Love this, of course. It's so classic looking, wonderful!

Risa said...

Your card is stunning Deb! I love the way you embellished it and the birdie is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

LOL!! your card is fabulous!! love the colors!! happy no cooking day! unfortunately that was the holiday here last night, so i guess i'll have to cook tonight...but i'll be drinking so it will make it go faster...>"<

Heidi Van Laar said...

I like that holiday...I think we'll start celebrating at my house!

LOVE this absolutely gorgeous card! Your found bird image is just beautiful and those eggs are fabulous!

Janine said...

HA!! Great holiday and fabulous card Deb!!!

Theresa said...

Deb, this card is gorgeous. Love the way you hung the tag. It's National Pizza Day at my house, which of course, is a spin off holiday of No Cooking Day.

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Deb!
Clairex

Elena said...

I love your Sheila' story! I am going to tell it to my husband!
And your card is so cute! I love the little bird! And buttons are so pretty!

lauren said...

HA!!! *every* day is no-cooking day at my house! or rather, every day is "honey you are SO MUCH BETTER THAN I AM AT COOKIN" day at my house! ;)

love this card...that bird image is loooooooovely! and the color palette is wonderful, as well!

SmilynStef said...

Those are some super-cool bird stamps ... love all of the elements you combined in your card ... especially the vintage image. Thanks for joining the Caardvarks fun.