Hi there ... and happy "Make Up Your Own Holiday" day. I've decided that today is "No Cooking" day at my house. So, if the DH is reading this, guess what Honey?!? No breakfast this morning! And, ummm ... no dinner tonight, either. Dang, I jess love the holidays ...
Today's card project was created for the Caardvark's sketch challenge. For a look at the sketch I
followed, and all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.
I paired this kewl patterned paper from Close to My Heart's "Perfect Day" collection with this cute l'il bird graphic I clipped from a children's book published in 1899.
These gorgeous bird-themed stamps, from Oxford Impressions, are available HERE. These stamps are beautiful, v-e-r-y affordable, and made from deeply etched red rubber. And Suzanne, the owner, is the bestest!
I added my bird-like stamped images, some vintage buttons, and popped the bird graphic up on dimensionals. Finally, I stamped "hello" on a l'il tag and attached it to the ribbon with jump rings. For all the product info, check out my supply list, below.
So, yesterday, I popped in on Sheila and discovered that Reid-the-Wild-Child had found three kittens ... and had convinced Sheila that he should keep them. The l'il devil's got talent, I'll give him that!
We peeked out the window and saw Reid playing "church" with the kittens. He had them lined up and was preaching to them. So cute!
A few minutes later, we heard the unmistakable sound of v-e-r-y unhappy kittens. We looked out and saw Reid "baptizing" the kittens in the pond.
"Stop that right now!" Sheila demanded. "You'll drown those poor kitties!"
Reid look up and without missing a beat hollered back: "They should've thought of that before they joined my church!"
Little devil ...
- Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
- Designer Paper: "Perfect Day" Collection by Close to My Heart, Available HERE
- Other Paper: Vintage Graphic
- Stamps: "Bird Nests" and "Eggs" from "The Bird's Nest" Set by Oxford Impressions; Sentiment from "Simple Little Things" Set by Papertrey Ink
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Juniper" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
- Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Vintage Buttons; Jump Rings
- Tools: "Zig Zag" Border Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714; "The Ultimate" by Api