Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wake Up; It's "Vintage-Little-Girl O'Clock!"

Pin It


Hey, there you are! So nice of you to swing by today!

Today's card project was created for no-good reason ... well, I'll add it to my stash, but I just love using this stamp from Diva Impressions.

I stamped the clock girl on Kraft card stock using black archival ink and mounted her on a flower image cut from vintage-inspired patterned paper from Daisy D's. The "buttoned" trim was also fussy-cut from this paper. If you'd like to take a look at this kewl discontinued paper, clicky HERE. It looks real though, doesn't it?!?

For the rest of the delicious ingredients, check out the supply list below.

So, I was hangin' out with Sheila last night while the DH's went out night fishing ... for fish, not for night. Confused?

"Reid, I need you to go out back and bring me the broom." Sheila said.

"Aww, Mommy, don't make me go out there. It's dark."

Sheila smiled reassuringly and said, "Reid, you don't need to be afraid of the dark. Your Guardian Angle is out there and she'll look after you and protect you."

"Are you sure she's out there?" Reid asked.

"Yes, I'm sure," Sheila answered, "and she's always ready to help you when you need her."

Reid contemplated this for a minute and then went to the back door and cracked it open.

Peering out into the darkness, he called, "Guardian Angel? If you're out there, would you please hand me the broom?"

Jess so's ya know, that didn't happen ... yet.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Patterned Paper: "Forget-Me-Not" Collection by Daisy D's
  • Stamp: Diva Impressions
  • Ink: Archival Ink by Ranger; "Chestnut Roan" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Metal Photo Corners by Provo Craft
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Circle Die by Spellbinder's; Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Foam Dimensional Tape; Scotch ATG 714; "The Ultimate" Glue by Api

12 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE this! Very cool. Had to get the paper from your e-bay store (paris94). Can't wait to play with it!

Tina said...

Love the title, so catchy! Your card is a jewel as always, so creative!

Maria Matter said...

Your clock girl card is gorgeous Deb! The flower petals look so real and I would swear I could rip those buttons off with my teeth...this is too cool!!!!! You are just so creative and find the best stuff! You rock lady!
Enjoy your day!
Blessings, Maria

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

this is soooo beautiful Deb :) ♥

Ann said...

Very nice. I suck at vintage.

Tonniece said...

Oh my Gawd Deb, Love it. That button pp is awesome, as is the pp you used for the flower.

Super great caed

Happy Tuesday

Joan said...

Great Card Deb! I love the colours and those photo corners are awesome.

Elena said...

Love this stamp you used, Deb! And Kraft cardstock is one of my favorites! Love your vintage cards, Deb!

Allison said...

Such a pretty creation...you have so many varied styles and are good at all of them!

Theresa said...

Oh, wow, I love this! Gorgeous!!!

nappy2CU said...

Absolutely BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL, Deb! You've done it again. No one rocks Vintage like you.

Chris said...

LOL!!! i love the vintage-y feel of your card!! it's fab!!