Monday, March 9, 2009

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's an ATC!

Pin It


So, happy Monday! And happy "Panic Day" too. I don't know about you, but everyday is "Panic Day" for me ... 'cuz around here, it's always something.

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's project was created for SCS's "Ways to Use It" challenge, WT208, create an ATC ... also known as an "Artists Trading Card." Anything goes with ATC's except that they must measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" ... no bigger, no smaller. But otherwise, it's an artistic free-for-all!

For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SCS WT208 gallery, clicky HERE. To see the ginormous view of my ATC, clicky on the photo.

I created my ATC on sturdy mat board, hoarded from my altered art/mixed media days. These babies will hold a small building! I added some patterned paper, some stamped (and paper-pieced), images, clip art, three itsy-bitsy buttons that I threaded with super-thin (jess like me .... hah!), paper strips, a clip, and attached a stamped tag with embroidery floss.

For some dimension, I didn't glue down the l'il birdies tail. And that's it, girls and boy. It doesn't get any easier than this!

So, this weekend Sheila and I went to an arts and crafts fair. We had to take the Reid-the-Wild-Child with us, but he actually behaved pretty well ... for a Wild-Child.

Reid lurves dinosaurs so we had to stop for a week minute and admire an adorable dinosaur project.

The artist leaned across the table and said to Reid, "Hi there! My name is Cassandra. Can you say "Cassandra?"

"Cassandra," answered Reid. "Can you say pachycephalosaurus?"

Yikes!

~Hugs,

  • ATC Base: Mat Board
  • Designer Paper: "Mocha Chica" Collection by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Stamps: "Pretty Birds" Set by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms; "Egg Tag" by Stampington & Company
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Binder Clip by Making Memories; DMC Embroidery Floss; Mini Buttons; 1/8" Eyelet
  • Tools: Crop-A-Dile

7 comments:

knitwit said...

You are too funny! And your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for swinging by and leaving me a comment--I'll be back often to check out your posts!

Elena said...

I am sure I can't reapeat that word! :)
But I can tel that your ATC is so pretty, Deb! Bird's tail is really gives a nice dimension!

Chris said...

very cute ATC! never made any of these before. so i got a white trash story for you over on my blog...good 4 a laugh!! >"<

Tina said...

Omigosh, your atc is gorgeous. Love that bird and tree.

Theresa said...

LOL. Good for Reid. Your ATC rocks. I love the hanging tag. Great details.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

awwwww, how totally cute Deb!! love this sweetie :) ♥

Janine said...

Hey there!! Cute ATC!!