Monday, March 16, 2009

Don't Fear the Talkin' Turtle ...

Pin It



Hey, there you are! Happy Monday!

So, since today is "Everything You Do is Right" Day, this card was created perfectly! And seriously, how could you go wrong when you follow the perfect directions Gina K. posted on StampTV?!? I love this adorable lady and you'll love StampTV. Gina has posted several card-making and technique videos ... for the directions for this fun "woodgrain" background, clicky HERE.

My super-simple take on this fun technique was created with card stock, my Scor-It board, and two ink pads.

I stamped my images, by Cornish Heritage Farms, using dye ink and colored the talkin' turtle in with dye ink and a blender brush. For the complete list of supplies I used, please see the supply list, below.


So, this weekend Sheila and I were hangin' out together and I happened to mention: "I never want to live in a vegetative state where my life becomes dependent on a machine and my only sustenance comes in the forms of fluids. If, God forbid, that ever happens ... and I'm a total vegetable, promise me you'll pull the plug."

She got up, unplugged my computer, and threw away my wine.

Witch ...


~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up!
  • Instructional Video: Gina K. Designs, "StampTV"
  • Stamps: April 2008, Stamp of the Month, Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Ink: "Sunflower" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart; "Vintage Cream" Hybrid by Papertrey Ink; "Dark Brown" ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap; "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Hemp Jewelry Cord by The Beadery
  • Tools: Scor-It Board by Hammond; Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinder's; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714; Blender Pen by Dove

13 comments:

Tina said...

Supah cute! Love the little bow around his neck, so chic!

Julie Koerber said...

I won't fear the talking turtle!! He's too cute! I have to go check out that woodgrain tut. I'm lovin' the background! I thought it was dp!

Hope all is well with ya!

Maria Matter said...

How cool is that background!!!
Hey Deb, this looks awesome and your turtle is adorable with his little bow! Fabulous card!
Thanks for all your lovely comments!!
Blessings, Maria

Curt in Carmel said...

Great card and use of the technique! Fabulous Sheila story! Again, laughed out loud.
Best, Curt

Carolyn Bounds said...

Fear the talkin' turtle? Whaddaya talkin' about? I adore him and his little bow tie:o) I love the "woodgrain" technique!!! I must head on over there and check it out!!! Thanks for sharing the link!!! I hope you are well:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Jamee said...

that turtle is so cute!!

Latisha said...

thats alcohol abuse you know bwahahaha! throwing away your wine...te nerve lol
super cute card

wendyp said...

Gotta love a day when everything is right! This is fantastic! Love that grid background!!!

Chris said...

love the turtle card with the funky background! witch is right!! no one touches my alsohol!! >"<

Ann said...

Super cute, Deb!

Theresa said...

Ooooh, I love this. That turtle is so stinkin' cute. Fabulous job on the background.

Risa said...

Your card is adorable and that turtle is too cute!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

Turtle is so cute! I love the little bow!