Friday, March 13, 2009

Happiness Always ...

Pin It


Beware the Ides of March and while you're at it, beware Friday the 13th! Man o'man, today is shapin' up to be a real loser, huh? Well, at least it's Friday ...

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Color Challenge," CC209, calling for Rose Red, Always Artichoke, and Basic Black. For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the challenge gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

And speaking of photos, this card was just impossible to photograph accurately. To color-adjust the Rose Red, I had to reduce the intensity of the sponging ... which actually came out quite nice. You'd never know it by lookin' at my photo, but ... well, you'll just have to trust me that the image panel is almost beauteous IRL. In checkin' out the SCS CC209 gallery, I noticed that I'm not the only one having problems photographing this color combination ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

I colored my stamped image using reinkers and a water brush on Fabriano watercolor paper ... the yummiest watercolor paper for stampin' in the land! I sponged the image with Rose Red and Toile Pink inks, double-matted it, tied on a satin bow, added a key charm, then mounted the whole shebang on my black card base. The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of watercolor paper, lightly sponged, then double-matted.

Soooo, yesterday I went to Publix-Where-Shopping-is-a-Pleasure and decided to get some seafood.

After I'd asked for a half-pound of mahi mahi, the nice and pretty clerk picked one out of a pile and set it on the scale. It weighed precisely eight ounces.

Impressed, I asked, "How did you know?"

Looking very pleased with herself, she declared, "I'm psychotic."

And so am I ...

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Watercolor Paper: Fabriano
  • Stamps: "Aranculus" by PSX; Sentiment "Happy Harmony" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Inks: Archiver's Black by Ranger; "Toile Pink" Hybrid by Stewart Superior; "Rose Red" by Stampin' Up
  • Reinkers: Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Ribbon by May Arts; Key Charm
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilties Large Square Dies by Spellbinder's; Sponges; H20 Brush by Zig; Perfect Layers Tool by Stampin' Up; Scotch ATG 714;

7 comments:

Tina said...

So lovely, the image is gorgeous and expertly colored. Love it!

Maria Matter said...

Hey Deb!
This is gorgeous! Love that image!
Great job with this CC!
Have a lovely weekend!
blessings, Maria

Elena said...

These colors are gorgeous! I agree with you DEb, sometimes photo can't show the original colors.

Janine said...

Hi Deb!! This is such a pretty card... Love the image you used.
Thanks for the laugh each day too.
Love it!!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous, Deb! Your coloring is fab.

Chris said...

LOL, we have the same fish ppl!! that card is just fabulous, i loved that stamp!! >"< thanks for coming to my blog, always nice to see you up north once in a awhile!!

Risa said...

Wow...what a beautiful card Deb! I love your image and the coloring is tops! I also love your butterfly card...it is stunning!
hugs
Risa:)