If you're a college basketball fan. If you're not, omigosh, what do you do all winter? And what do you watch on TV?!? Anyway, thanks UConn, you made me smile ... again!
Today's card project was created for SCS's Sketch Challenge, SC220. For all the challenge deets, including a look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the challenge gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.
I stamped my sentiment, by Verve Visual, on a matted die-cut from October Afternoon's "County Fair" collection using die ink.
I embellished my card with some Cosmo Cricket chipboard painted with Distress Crackle paint, punched vintage (1897), text into a doily lace border, layered five butterfly punchies, and punched out three medium and three small Sakura punchies.
TIP #1: When shopping in home or paint stores, grab some paint sample cards. They make for sturdy and colorful punchies.
TIP #2: Create butterfly "antenna" by looping a bit of twine. Pinch the twine together and glue down; I used half of a mini-glue dot to adhere.
Soooooooooo, yesterday, after Reid-the Wild-Child fell into the pond ... for the third time ... Sheila was ready for a vacation. As she hustled him off to clean up and change his clothes ... for the third time, it was apparent that she was not too happy. Kids + Ponds = Trouble.
Later, we heard a commotion in the back yard.
With a heavy sigh, Sheila called out, "Are you out there wetting your pants again?!?"
There was dead silence for a moment. Then a deep, masculine voice answered meekly, "No, Ma'am, I'm just reading the meter."
Have a great weekend! And, if you're interested, UConn plays Texas A & M tomorrow. And Thabeet goes on ...
- Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" by Papertrey Ink
- Designer Paper: "County Fair" Collection by October Afternoon
- Other Paper: Text from Vintage (1897) Book, Personal Collection
- Stamp: Sentiment from "Thankful Blossoms" Set by Verve Visual
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Chestnut Roan" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
- Color Medium: "Broken China" Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger
- Accessories: Chipboard by Cosmo Cricket; Brads; Jewelry Cord by The Beadery
- Tools: "Doily Lace" Border Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; "Butterfly" Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Corner Rounder Punch by CarlaCraft; Small and Medium Sakura Punches by CarlaCraft; Glue Dots by Mini-Glue Dots; "The Ultimate" Craft Glue by Api; Scotch ATG 714