Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let's Rock 'n Roll:

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, happy "Submarine Day," and a very Happy St. Paddy's Day to all. Before you go out submarine diving, be sure to stop off for some green beer ... makes the submarine diving go that much easier.

So, for today's card project, I decided to revisit an old stampin' technique: Rock and Roll. I'm pretty sure you all know how to do this but if you don't, here's how: ink up your stamp in your lighter shade of ink, then roll the edges in a darker ink. Then stamp. Easy-peasy!

I stamped my flower image after inking it in "Sunflower" ink and rolling the edges in "Autumn Terracotta" dye ink. I over-stamped my l'il flowers using "Cranberry" dye ink, then popped on some red Crystal Pearls. All these yummy inks are available HERE.

I'll bet you're thinking that this card is kinda "Fall-ish." Really, it's more "Drag-like." Read on:

So this weekend Sheila and I went shoe shopping. We loves us some shoes!

Somehow, as I was trying on some really cute strappy sandals, the shoe salesman got his tie stuck in the shoe. Of course, I didn't know this, so I walked off to the mirror to check-out the strappy-sandals-view. When I got to the mirror, I finally noticed him crawling behind me; I was dragging the poor guy by his tie!

"Oh, lookie, De
b," Sheila said, "he wants to go home with you!"

Umm, turns out he didn't ... but the strappy sandals did! And when the DH saw what I paid for the l'il darlings, back they went ... together with this card.

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Large Flower by Inkadinkado; Small Flower from "Season of Friendship" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Sunflower," "Autumn Terracotta," and "Cranberry" Dye Inks by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Crystal Pearls by Mark Richards

10 comments:

Tina said...

OMGosh Deb, I love it! Perfect!!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous! The rock and roll technique looks fab with this stamp. Sorry about the shoes.

Maria Matter said...

Ok, so am I assuming that's a CG saying, 'cause I never saw that stamp!!!!!!!!! LOL
You crack me up!
Love the look of the R&R technique here Deb, fabulous card!
...off to my submarine...
Irish Blessings, Maria

wendyp said...

LOL!! Deb, I love reading your blog! too funny!

Love that rock and roll technique on those flowers! Beautiful effect!!!

Tonniece said...

Hi stranger, oh wait, I guess I'm the stranger! Whatever, been missing my pick-me-up in the morning so it's great to be back.

Love the card, but that's no surprise I guess since you always blow me away.

Thanks for the chuckle

Risa said...

Lol...you are so funny Deb! I might have returned the cute card but not the shoes!!!! lol
Your card is darling, I love the flowers and the colors are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

ROTFLMAO!!! too funny...submarine day, huh? i'll tell my husband, he spent 21 years on a freaking sub and now he works on subs, he spent the whole day in one..he was late for dinner , too!! >"<

Elena said...

What a funny story!
This card is so beautiful! I love the colors!

Joan said...

Love this card....and the technique. I tend to forget about it.

Darlene said...

Keep stamping and writing...you make me smile! Your creations are inspiring.