Happy Hump Day girls and boy ... hey, Curt!
Today's card project is a v-e-r-y late entry in SCS's "Ways to Use It" challenge, WT207, "Frugal Finds." I made this card at least two weeks ago, but forgot to post it. Better late than never, right? For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the "Frugal Finds" gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.
funky frugal find is the corrugated cardboard blocks I used on the card. This textured cardboard piece was packed around the sides of a sleeve of card stock I'd ordered.
The shimmery lattice boarder and dove(s) were created by using Glimmer Mist in "Jazz Blue" on cream card stock. My stamps are by Stampington & Co. and the kewl cord is from SU. The dove punchie, the "No. 3" stamped image, and the egg tag have all been layered for extra dimension. For the rest of the card details, refer to the supply list below.
So, last night Sheila and I hooked up with some of our crazy girlfriends. Instead of hanging out in someone's kitchen, we decided to meet in a local diner ... so we could drink coffee ... and eat pie ... but that part's a secret.
Eight of us were seated around a large table when one of the girls noticed that the salt shaker contained pepper and the pepper shaker was full of salt.
"Okay, we're all pretty smart people, how can we swap the contents of the bottles without spilling anything AND using only the implements at hand?" our friend Barb asked. Geesh, who invited Barb? I kid ...
After much debate ... and yummy pie ... we finally came up with a brilliant solution involving a napkin, a straw, and an empty saucer.
We called the waitress over to dazzle her with our solution.
"So," Barb said, "we couldn't help but notice that the pepper shaker contains salt and the salt shaker..."
"Oh," the waitress interrupted. "Sorry about that." She unscrewed the caps of both bottles and switched them.
- Card Stock: "Vintage Cream" and "Dark Chocolate" by Papertrey Ink
- Other Paper: Packing Cardboard from Papertrey Ink
- Stamps: "Clearly Impressed" by Stampington & Co
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!; "Vintage Cream" Hybrid by Papertrey Ink
- Accessories: Bling by Glitz Frosting; Natural Cord by Stampin' Up! "Jazz Blue" Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilties Die by Spellbinder's; Dove Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Lattice Border Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714