Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Gettin' Down and Dotty ... a 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Happy Tuesday and happy "National Anthem" day. If you're interested in knowing what version of the National Anthem I love-a-bunch, click HERE. It'll give you the chills, baby, the c-h-i-l-l-s!

ONward H-C-M's:


Today's 15 Minute Project was created for Splitcoast Stampers new "Clean and Simple" challenge. This weeks challenge, CAS04, "Accenting with Dots," called for a clean and simple card ... and, not surprisingly, dots! For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of this card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my dotted border stamp on Stamper's Select card stock with Pacific Point dye ink, stamped my sentiment with the same ink, and added a dotted Prima flower, a Pacific Point blue flower punchie, and a Pacific Point blue brad. Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

BAWDY ALERT! The following Sheila story contains adult language and may not be suitable for children, small pets, or linguists:

Sooooo, this weekend the DH and I had dinner with Sheila and her family.

We knew going in that Sheila was cooking venison, but they had decided not to tell Reid-the-Wild-Child, what kind of meat it was ... 'cuz he loves Bambi and all. However, if he guessed correctly they would be honest with him.

Naturally, the l'il bugger was eager to know what kind of meat was on his plate, so he begged Sheila's DH, Ken, for a clue.

"Well," Ken said, "It's what Mommy calls me sometimes."

Reid-the-Wild-Child grabbed my arm and screamed, "Don't eat it, Aunty, it's an asshole!"

I. Kid. You. Not.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: "So Very" Set by Stampin' Up; Dotted Border, Unknown
  • Ink: "Pacific Point" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Dotted Flower by Prima; Brad
  • Tools: Dimensionals; Flower Punch by McGill

11 comments:

Paula's ponderings said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta love Sheila and her folks!! lol Needed that laugh today and the card is just delicious!!

Tina said...

So pretty! The colors are just fantastic together, so crisp.

Maria Matter said...

That is just too funny Deb! You are getting to be the first blog I visit when I come online! Thanks!
Your card is simply beautiful! Love the quilt in the bg too!
Have a sparkly day!
blessings, Maria

Risa Malieta W. said...

Oh my Gawd....you are tooooooo funny Deb!!!! Thanks for the laugh, it really made me feel a lot better:)
I also love your super cute card, it is simple yet stunning! Now... if only I could make a card in 15 minutes. *sigh*
hugs
Risa:)

Lisa Olson said...

OOoooooo Deb this is great I love it!! I have to say that I have loved adored and admired all of your latest creations....apologies for not visiting much but I lead a MAD, MAD existience sometimes!!

asela said...

Great blog and cards Deb! Thanks for sharing the link.

Aimee said...

no way! That story is one for the ages. I love this card! It's so simple yet so bold! Hope all is well!

Elena said...

I love your 15-minutes projects, Deb!

Theresa said...

OMGosh, that was another read-out-lout-to-DH story. Love the dotted card!

Heather "Hev" said...

Oh dear LOL!!!

I am so glad I wasnt drinking anything at the time Deb!!

cute card too!!

Shirley said...

Your quick card is beautiful and so cheerful. Your nephew is priceless!