Friday, March 6, 2009

Hey, Tweetie, Nice Crown!

Pin It



So today is "National Frozen Food" day! In honor of the day, I'll be preparing a lovely frozen pizza for our dinner. Unless I can talk the DH into going out ... then the heck with National Frozen Food day!

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for this weeks SCS's Sketch Challenge, SC218. For the challenge deets, or to look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. For a look at the SC218 Challenge Gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I've also linked this card to the Cardvaarks "Critter Caard" challenge. For all the critter-like challenge deets, clicky HERE.

A couple of things: I paper-pieced the tree branch, crowned the l'il birdie with a GrungeBoard crown, and add some sparkly Glitz Frosting. For the complete product list, see the supply list, below.

So last night, Sheila and I dragged the DH's out to a seminar on marriage, "Keeping Your Love Alive." Oh, yeah, it was real easy getting the DH's to go ...

At one point, the instructor declared, "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other."

He addressed the men, "Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?"

Ken leaned over, touched Sheila's arm gently, and whispered,"Gold Medal-All-Purpose, right?"

I. Kid. You. Not!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Mocha Chica" Collection by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Stamps: "Pretty Bird" Collection by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Inks: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Lime Pastel," and "Chestnut Roan" Fluid Chalk Inks by Clearsnap; "Landscape" Palette Hybrid by Stewart Superior
  • Other Color Mediums: "Cobalt Teal," "Titanium White" Fluid Acrylic Paints by Golden; Sharpie Markers by Sanford
  • Accessories: Button Brads by Making Memories; Bling by Glitz Frosting; GrungeBoard Crown by Tim Holtz Idea-ology
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Large Classic Rectangular Dies by Spellbinder's; "Diamonds in the Rough" Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder; Ticket Corner Punch by Stampin' Up; "Stamp-A-Ma-Jig" by EK Success; Perfect Layers Tool by Stampin' Up; Scotch ATG 714; Dimensionals

19 comments:

Tina said...

Another lovely one. The colors are genious!

Elena said...

So Tweetie cute! I love the paper piecing you did, Deb!
And Ken's answer is just right!:)

Nathalia Castellon said...

LOL on the Gold Medal All Purpose!!! Men! That was hilarious!

I love your card, it's full of whimsy and sweetness. The crown on the little birdies head is just the cutest thing! I love the colors, the stamping, and the bling border along the bottom. Lovely job Deb and thanks so much for joining us at Caardvarks this week!

Tanis said...

TOO CUTE!!! That crown is SUPER fun on that cutie bird!!
Perfect sentiment and great design. Love the strips under the image panel :)

Theresa said...

Love this, Deb! I tried to use that sketch the other day and botched it. Love the Sheila story.

Cindy Key said...

I have had my fill of crowns, wings and dunce hats on paper dolls... but this is SO doggone cute! I never thought of a bird with a crown! I love this!

Becky in East Tennessee said...

Hahahahah! My husband could answer the REAL flower, but no way the FLOUR! This was fabulous! Your card totally rocks. SOOOOOOOO pretty!

Chris said...

super cute!!

SmilynStef said...

Oh dear Deb ... that is one very cute, super-adorable, critter creation.

Ann said...

I love your colors, and that birdie is TOO cute!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

this is sooo tweet Deb :) I love it!! and of course Kim's stamps are just amazing!! a real cutie and love the little crown on birdies head ♥♥

Heidi Van Laar said...

Fabulous card! The colors are beautiful and I love that little crown!

Shirley said...

I thouigh opposites attract, not identical. Well I love your card and that cute little bird is adorable too!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog! Hope you are having a great weekend! ♥ Hugs :

lauren said...

now see: any insincere cad can stop at the gas station and buy roses...but a guy who pays attention to the details of one's *baking* life...that man does not need a love seminar! ♥♥♥ken♥♥♥ you are MY HERO!!!

(oof sorry, i really came to say, "WHAT AN AWESOME CARD!!!" but i got distracted yet again by your hilariously wonderful story!) (& it *IS* a particularly cooooool card, even by your own high standards in these matters!) :)

Risa said...

Your card is adorable Deb! Super great job with the paper piercing and I just love the birdies crown!!!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Sheila and her husband are both too funny! How can you help but love them:)

Janine said...

What a fabulous story!! Love that card too Deb!!

~amy~ said...

TWEET card and oy vey...your story really cracked me up!!!

Laura Davis said...

Too cute! I love that little crown:)
Thanks for playing at Caardvarks:)
Laura