Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Is Sprung, the Grass is Rizz ...

Pin It


I wonder where the butterflies birdies is?

Happy Thursday all and one ... and speakin' of birds, happy "Alfred Hitchcock Day!" If I were you, I'd be v-e-r-y careful today ... especially around birds.

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS05. This time up, it's a color challenge: use blue and green in your clean and simple card creation. For all the challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the Clean and Simple card gallery, clicky HERE. To view the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my notebook page and the envelope with Close to My Heart's "Outdoor Denim" dye ink (available HERE), cut them out, and adhered them to my card base.

My $1.00 sentiment stamp also came with images of grass and a bee, but I masked those out and stamped just the phrase.

I punched out and adhered seven l'il flutterbies, mounted my sentiment on dimensionals, and finis! So easy, even I a child could do it! Refer to my supply list, below, for additional product info.

So, last night, Sheila and I decided to do some (mostly), window shopping at the Wellington Green mall.

"May I try on that dress in the window?" Sheila asked the sales associate at a designer boutique.

"Go ahead," the clerk replied. "Maybe it'll attract some business."

She didn't. Dress in the window ... or buy the dress. Why? 'Cuz we're broke Recessionestas!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink; "Kiwi Kiss" by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: "Large Bold Envelope" by Alias Smith & Rowe; "Notebook" by Coffee Break Designs; Sentiment by Katie & Co for Studio G
  • Ink: "Outdoor Denim" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilties Die by Spellbinder's; Butterfly Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts; Dimensionals; "The Ultimate" Craft Glue by Api

7 comments:

Theresa said...

ROFL! That would have brought in some business.

Cool card! I love the butterflies. Need to get me one of those punches.

Chris said...

very cute card! i have the same stamp...>"< i come for my sheila story...LMAO...

Diane said...

You go Sheila!!! Lol!
Lovely card Deb!!!

Elena said...

I love the butterflies! Very naet idae, Deb! Thank you for the inspiration!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Just makes me want to grin and grin. My cat on the other hand is wiggling her butt and getting ready to "spring" in her own way so I better change the page quick before....ackkkk........

wendyp said...

I just love all those butterflies coming out of the envelope! Beautiful!!!

Ann said...

LOVE the butterflies!