Monday, March 1, 2010

Shhhhh ..**, Monday Already?

Pin It


Shhhhh ... oot; it's Monday ... again.

Today's card project was created following a sketch from Just-Add-Ink:

To check out all the sketchy challenge deets, or to play along, clicky HERE to visit Just-Add-Ink.

I stamped my retro image on Whisper White card stock with Basic Black dye ink, added some vintage anagram letter tiles, an embossed background mat, and a cute l'il gingham ribbon.

I'll be using this card ... and a few dozen more just like it ... as the invites for an upcoming surprise birthday party. Hence, the 'shhhhhhhhh!'

For all the super-secret product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, this weekend Sheila and I bopped over to a large-discount-store-who-shall-remain-nameless (Wal-Mart) to do some bargain-hunting.

We got in line to check-out and the woman behind us used one of those divider bars to separate her purchases from Sheila's.

After the girl had scanned all of Sheila's items, she picked up the 'divider', looking it over for the bar code so she could scan it.

When she couldn't find the bar code, she asked Sheila, "Do you know how much this is?"

Sheila answered, "Ya know what? I've changed my mind; I don't think I'll buy that today."

"Oh, okay," the cashier said, "thanks. It can take forever to get a price-check in here."

!?!?!

Thanks so much for swingin' by ... hope you have a great day!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Basic Black," "Real Red," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: Vintage/Retro Woman, Unknown (Unmounted)
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Black and White Gingham Ribbon; Vintage (1935) Anagram Letter Tiles
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square Die; A2 Embossing Folder; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

28 comments:

Janine said...

I LOVE this!!

chercroppin said...

Omg, your story is too funny girl!

Your card rocks! Love the colors, embossing and of course that yummy ribbon!

Risa said...

What a fabulous card Deb, I love the retro feel of it! Your image and color combo are fab!
hugs
Risa:)

Tina said...

Your Wal-Mart sounds like mine...I could write books! LOL
Super fun card, you have the best stamps lady!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work!

Saskia :)

Allison said...

I am glad you told me what the card was for since I was like "Huh?". Such a fun image...very graphic in its stylings!

Diane said...

ONLY AT WALMART!!!! Lol! That is too funny Deb!!!
Love your card btw!!

Erica said...

WHOW! What a great image for a surprise bthdy party...BTW, Sheila could use that image what with Reid the Wild Child, for a son. Hope your party is a smash, uh, I guess I should say hope it rocks.

Suzanne said...

Love the card! Your story is pretty funny too. Thanks for playing along with other lovelies - thoughtful thursdays challenge!

Jill Marie Paulson said...

That story is HILARIOUS!

Davi said...

Love that very awesome image... Great card!! Oh my gosh did I get my laugh for the day. How on earth do you two manage to have the most hysterical encounters!!!

Glenda said...

Love that ribbon and the 'sentiment'! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along.

Sharli said...

I LOVE your card Deb! I was thinking "Shh" like a librarian - but a secret party is even better!!!
My favorite colors, too.

Your story is funny, but disturbing! If true, then I think Sheila handled it perfectly. If not, then I'll just file this away as a great answer if it ever happens to me!

Curt in Carmel said...

I'm still laughing at the Wal-Mart story. This stamped image is perfect for a surprise party invite! What a great card and the beauty is you don't have to color a ton! Best, Curt

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Cute card and a funny story about Walmart. In Australia we'd say something along the lines of, "Well, that would only happen in America". :)

Amanda said...

Awesome card! Perfect for the occasion. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Your card is amazing and the story is tooooooo funny! Uh DUH!!!

Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar. We do hope to see you again next challenge!

Magda said...

Great project! I love colours and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge.
Magda :)

Maria Matter said...

oh I really like this one too!
love this image!!!!
fab take on this sketch!!!

Dawn B. said...

Cute story...Hehe. I love this image. It is really cool..Great job on this card.. Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

Christine Blain said...

Great card, and love the Walmart story!

Naomi Jansen said...

LMAO! Wall-Mart! I had a kid play with a divider back in my supermarket days and then when I went to use it is was gone. He took it home. Any ways, LOVE LOVE LOVE the card. And I am amazed at how you have got it to apply to so many different challenges. Very clever!

Annie said...

striking card and love the red/black colour way. thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Danielle Daws said...

LMAO - that's such a hilarious story! I wonder how long it takes the checkout girl to realise...

Stunning card! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Elena said...

Great card, Deb! Love those letters!
And the story is so funny!

Chris said...

what a cute invite!! love that image!

your story made me laugh and almost spit out my soda...we have the same damn intelligent cashiers here at my WM...last time i was there amy winehouse checked me out...scouts honor!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cute invite!! Love the fun image, colors and layout!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight Challenge! What an awesome take on the Clean it up challenge!

I always enjoy your stories. Thanks for the smile!

hugs,
Chris

cheiron said...

Lovely card and great story!