Thursday, March 18, 2010

Congrats; You Survived St Paddy's Day!

Pin It


Well, it appears we both survived all of the St. Paddy's Day festivities: and by "festivities," I mean green beer ... or Guinness ... or Newcastle Ale ... or all of the above. So, congratulations!

Today's card project features a super-simple technique called the "Letterpress technique." It's easy, fast, fun, and creates a really unique background:

To create this background, I inked up the inside (ink the top flap - the side with the printing), of an A2 embossing folder with "Chocolate Chip" dye ink. Use the direct-to-paper/folder technique to ink up your folder, and try to get the ink down as evenly as possible on the folder.

Then, simply insert your card stock, run it through your die-cut machine and voila! Just be sure to clean your inky folder as soon as possible with warm, soapy water ... or a cool, wet baby wipe.

An easy, fun, and interesting background created with something you already own ... all of this AND ready in just 15 Minutes!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo; for the rest of the cool, easy, and interesting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, I wanted to mention that my email address was hijacked yesterday and everyone in my address book got a link to some truly glorious spam. I didn't send this ... and I certainly wouldn't ... but I'm issuing the blanket apology here to any of you who may have received this l'il treasure from me.

Well, not me-me, but some-spammer-who-pretended-to-be-me. I believe I've stopped the spammer ... 'til the next time someone decides to hijack my email addy. But, hey! Wanna know how many zero-spam-tolerant group lists I was tossed off yesterday?!? All of 'em ... so, there you have it: every cloud DOES have a silver lining!

Thanks so much for swingin' by today ... especially with that awful headache you've got!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Bermuda Bay," "Chocolate Chip," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: None
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Well-Scripted" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Twill Tape Ribbon by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

20 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so pretty! Love the texture and color. Thanks for joining in our DDIC challenge!

andrea said...

fab card,love the colour and image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Lori Rider said...

Beautiful card with the letterpress technique - I love that BG and your colors are lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with the DDIC!

stamprgrl said...

hi deb,
yes, to the bottom of the left hand column there is a TOP 3 SCOOP BLINKIE and below it is the HTML code you need to use to place the blinkie in your blog.

CONGRATS AGAIN... I just adore your card...

-- dalis

Carolyn Bounds said...

You make "simple" absolutely STUNNING!!! I love the hints of turquoise against that rich, chocolate brown. Another beautiful creation, Deb! I love it:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Chris said...

how did that happen? don't you sleep with a puter-geek?? lol love the card, i have never tried this technique...hmmm....

Firenze said...

Oh Deb it's gorgeous! I've been making a couple of these myself! TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards

Julie said...

I also had my email hijacked this week! (someone sent i think everyone on my email list a not so pleasent link to what i think would have been a not so pleasent website....
good luck and great card!

my5bratz said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Elena said...

Really like the texture and the color of this gorgeous card!

pinky said...

Great technique, love the effect. Thanks so much for playing along at CDM. Hugs
pinky

Allison said...

Easy and yet so pretty! The non-cardmakers would be stunned (the rest of us would be on to you!).

Tina said...

This is so pretty Deb, I love the embossing.

Erica said...

I keep forgetting about this EZ PZ technique, Deb. I gotta start using it and I've ordered that set from my SU demo friend. Can't wait to get it.
Hugs, Erica

Teddy said...

Hi Deb,

it's a pretty card and thanks to join my challenge. I'm so lucky. You're my first international participant *smile*

nice grettings
Iris

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Deb, I love your design paper!
hugs
Risa:)

Maria Matter said...

oh wow, this turned out really great! love this technique and your did a stunning job with it, great colors too!
Blessings, Maria

knitwit said...

I have that folder--I'm totally going to try it out. Who knew you could ink the thing up?! Amazing!
I had the same thing happen to my email a few weeks ago. So annoying. You'd think these spammers would AT LEAST use their spell check to avoid us further embarrassment!

Leann said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us on CCT this week :D
Hugs x

biggi-al said...

Your card is lovely - thanks for joining us at CUYL.