Well, it appears we both survived all of the St. Paddy's Day festivities: and by "festivities," I mean green beer ... or Guinness ... or Newcastle Ale ... or all of the above. So, congratulations!
Today's card project features a super-simple technique called the "Letterpress technique." It's easy, fast, fun, and creates a really unique background:
To create this background, I inked up the inside (ink the top flap - the side with the printing), of an A2 embossing folder with "Chocolate Chip" dye ink. Use the direct-to-paper/folder technique to ink up your folder, and try to get the ink down as evenly as possible on the folder.
Then, simply insert your card stock, run it through your die-cut machine and voila! Just be sure to clean your inky folder as soon as possible with warm, soapy water ... or a cool, wet baby wipe.
An easy, fun, and interesting background created with something you already own ... all of this AND ready in just 15 Minutes!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo; for the rest of the cool, easy, and interesting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Sooooooooo, I wanted to mention that my email address was hijacked yesterday and everyone in my address book got a link to some truly glorious spam. I didn't send this ... and I certainly wouldn't ... but I'm issuing the blanket apology here to any of you who may have received this l'il treasure from me.
Well, not me-me, but some-spammer-who-pretended-to-be-me. I believe I've stopped the spammer ... 'til the next time someone decides to hijack my email addy. But, hey! Wanna know how many zero-spam-tolerant group lists I was tossed off yesterday?!? All of 'em ... so, there you have it: every cloud DOES have a silver lining!
Thanks so much for swingin' by today ... especially with that awful headache you've got!
- Challenge Up Your Life: Flower
- Cute Card Thursday: Anniversary
- Cute Daisy May: Anything Goes
- Diva Stamper: Inspiration
- Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: It's All New (New Stamp)
- Irish Teddy's: Blue and Brown
- Little Paper Shop: Make Something Old New Again (Embossing Folder)
- Ooh-La-La-Creations: Anything Goes
- Paper Cutz: Anything Goes
- Card Stock: "Bermuda Bay," "Chocolate Chip," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: None
- Stamp: Sentiment from "Well-Scripted" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: Twill Tape Ribbon by Stampin' Up
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"