Happy Stump Day, Hampers! And thank you for always brightening my day. Yes, you!
Today's card project was created using this adorable digital image and a v-e-r-y bright color palette:
This 'cute-with-a-capital-Q' image, created by the DigiKitty, was printed out twice, then colored with Prismacolor pencils blended with OMS. After coloring, I layered the second images (the roof, the door, and the two trees), over the first using foam dimensionals. Lottsa dimension on this one ... which, unfortunately, I failed to capture in my photo.
I used an old Stampin' Up background stamp, Decorative Dots, on my card base, added a bit of DP from October Afternoon, some retired SU ribbon, and a die-cut and some punchies.
I stamped my Verve Visual sentiment in dye ink, and cut it out with SU's "Word Window" punch, then popped it up on my card front using double-mounted dimensionals. For the rest of the deliriously bright product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Soooooooo, yesterday afternoon while I was out havin' the time of my life on Jury Duty, Sheila TiVo'ed the "Dr. Oz" show. Our l'il Acreage Cancer Cluster issue was being discussed on the show and we wanted to watch it together last night. And just 'cuz she can't stand being left out of anything, Sheila's crazy sister Jill wanted to watch it, too.
After watching the segment and a quick chat about what we'd seen, Jill suggested that we switch over to watch a program that she was interested in. Which in itself is pretty surprising ...
"Please? It's on Discovery. I'd really like to see this show with you guys."
"Really? Okay. What channel?" Sheila asked, equally surprised.
"25. No. Wait. Yeah, 25." Jill guessed.
"Ya know what?" Sheila said. "I think the Discovery Channel should be on a different channel everyday."
Give it a minute ... it'll grow on ya. Unless you're Jill; she still hasn't 'gotten' it ...
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me! Oh, and you too, Jill!
- 365 Cards, Day 9: Song Inspired (Trees of Green/Blue Sky/White Clouds)
- Cooking It Up With Katie: 3D
- Cupcake Craft Challenge: Flowers (On Designer Paper)
- Design Dollies: Something 'Sunny'
- Frosted Designs: Magic Coloring Technique
- Glenda's Random Amusing Challenge: Texture (Dimension/Flourish/Fence)
- Hand Full of Stamps: Let it Shine
- Ooh-La-La-Creations: Anything Goes
- Other Lovelies Thoughtful Thursday: Brighten or Warm
- Paper Play: Just Because
- Paper Popsicles: All About Home
- Papertake Weekly: Sketch
- Stampavie and More: Orange
- Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle: Open
- Squigglefly: Create a Scene
- Card Stock: "Pacific Point" (Retired), "Tangerine Tango" (Retired), and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: October Afternoon
- Digital Image: Primitive Saltbox by DigiKitty
- Stamps: "Decorative Dots" (Retired) Background Stamp by Stampin' Up; Sentiment by Verve Visual
- Ink: "Pacific Point" (Retired) Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Sky Blue" Fluid Chalk Ink
- Color Medium: Prismacolor "Premier" Pencils by Sanford
- Accessories: "Pacific Point" (Retired) Ribbon by Stampin' Up
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Flourish Die; Sun Punches; Fence Border Punch; Handmade 'Cloud' Template; Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits by Gamblin; Paper Blending Stump; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.