Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You Brighten My Day ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers! And thank you for always brightening my day. Yes, you!

Today's card project was created using this adorable digital image and a v-e-r-y bright color palette:

This 'cute-with-a-capital-Q' image, created by the DigiKitty, was printed out twice, then colored with Prismacolor pencils blended with OMS. After coloring, I layered the second images (the roof, the door, and the two trees), over the first using foam dimensionals. Lottsa dimension on this one ... which, unfortunately, I failed to capture in my photo.

I used an old Stampin' Up background stamp, Decorative Dots, on my card base, added a bit of DP from October Afternoon, some retired SU ribbon, and a die-cut and some punchies.

I stamped my Verve Visual sentiment in dye ink, and cut it out with SU's "Word Window" punch, then popped it up on my card front using double-mounted dimensionals. For the rest of the deliriously bright product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, yesterday afternoon while I was out havin' the time of my life on Jury Duty, Sheila TiVo'ed the "Dr. Oz" show. Our l'il Acreage Cancer Cluster issue was being discussed on the show and we wanted to watch it together last night. And just 'cuz she can't stand being left out of anything, Sheila's crazy sister Jill wanted to watch it, too.

After watching the segment and a quick chat about what we'd seen, Jill suggested that we switch over to watch a program that she was interested in. Which in itself is pretty surprising ...

"Please? It's on Discovery. I'd really like to see this show with you guys."

"Really? Okay. What channel?" Sheila asked, equally surprised.

"25. No. Wait. Yeah, 25." Jill guessed.

"Ya know what?" Sheila said. "I think the Discovery Channel should be on a different channel everyday."

Give it a minute ... it'll grow on ya. Unless you're Jill; she still hasn't 'gotten' it ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me! Oh, and you too, Jill!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Pacific Point" (Retired), "Tangerine Tango" (Retired), and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: October Afternoon
  • Digital Image: Primitive Saltbox by DigiKitty
  • Stamps: "Decorative Dots" (Retired) Background Stamp by Stampin' Up; Sentiment by Verve Visual
  • Ink: "Pacific Point" (Retired) Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Sky Blue" Fluid Chalk Ink
  • Color Medium: Prismacolor "Premier" Pencils by Sanford
  • Accessories: "Pacific Point" (Retired) Ribbon by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Flourish Die; Sun Punches; Fence Border Punch; Handmade 'Cloud' Template; Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits by Gamblin; Paper Blending Stump; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

32 comments:

Risa said...

Oh Deb, you are something else and I thank you for the good laugh!
Your card is colorful and beautiful! I love the bright colors and your detailing is fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)

Melissa said...

LOVE the bright colors on your adorable card! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Popsicles!!

Digi Kitty said...

Deb,
you did a great job with this Home sweet Home image! I love it! I really like the orange and blues--that cloud background is awesome. Is that a stamp or did you ink it? I love the entire card--I really love the way you paper pieced the different portions, giving it a nice dimension.
Gorgeous!!

Purrs & Kisses,
Kristal of Digi Kitty

Glenda said...

Thanks so much for playing Deb! Fabulous card! Love the papers and the bright colours.

Elena said...

I really love the cheerful colors of this card! This Home Sweet Home image is so cute!

Donna said...

Super sweet little card, gorgeous choice of papers and colours and a fab image...thanks for joining us at Cupcake :) Donna x

Katie said...

Super sweet card! I love the image and the colors and your Paper Tole is great!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

Deirdre said...

Deb, great card - love how bright and cheery it is.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week and especially as it was my first time setting the challenge - a big thank you from me. ♥

Anne said...

Bright cheerful card, thanks for sharing with us at OLL. Hugs x

Beryl K said...

Lovely bright and cheerful card. Thanks for joining in at OLL
Beryl x

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Darling! Love that fence with the house and fun colors/patterns!

Maria Matter said...

oh too fun Deb! I love these bright bold colors....and the little picket fence!
Fabulous card sweetie!!!
blessings, Maria

The Rubber Maid said...

Very cute card and love how bright and cheery the colors are. Pat

Chris said...

too funny and a really great card too!! enjoy that jury duty!!

Sharli said...

Gosh Deb! Not everybody is good at working the TV . . . (LOL)

Cute card - love the happiness of it!
Hugs!

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! Such happy colors..really made me smile!

CraftyGirl said...

Adorable card! Love the layering! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!!
Barb :)

TesaB said...

Great, bright and lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at 365 cards!!!

Tina said...

Those colors just make me smile, what a fun card.

Curt in Carmel said...

You are a true treasure. I so enjoy not only the wonderful cards you share, but the laugh you always bring me. I have to admit, it took me a minute, but then I laughed right out loud! Love your card kiddo! The colors are beautiful and bright. I love that digital image too! Honestly, you need to write a book! Best, Curt

Velta said...

I have laughed through the whole post...You are too darn funny...Your card is a "happy" card...TFS

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable card! I love the bright colors and the fun scene!

I'm glad you participated in this week's Squigglefly Challenge!

Barbara said...

wow,
it´s adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Hugs Babsi

Anne H. said...

Such a lovely card!
A great image and lovely colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne:)

BA said...

hi deb
this is a really cute card, wonderufl colours and sweet image
thanks for jpining us at stampavie & more

Tricia said...

terrific coloring here! thanks for playing at Paper Popsicles

Giò said...

WOW!! such a stunning card!! it is soo fresh and spring!!
Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Shawna said...

Bright and oh-so-sweet! Love your take on this challenge!

Heather the MooseLover said...

Very nice card.

Thanks for playing with us for this week's Squigglefly Challenge.

Pam said...

I love this card - the colors are bold and beautiful!

Valoudesbois said...

Oh what a lovely card.

Beautiful image and beautiful colors

thanks for joining us at SAM

Trish Hughes said...

Great job, love it!!! Thanks so much for playing along HFOS.
Trish