Happy Monday, Stampers ... hope your weekend was full of fabulousness!
A few weeks ago, my uber-talented bloggin' friend, Vicki Chrisman, of "This Art That Makes Me Happy," announced that she had created a free-standing, shadow-box style die for Accucut. Well, WoWzA, this turned out to be one terrific die! Later, when Vicki sent out the call for stampers interested in playing with her new die-cuts, I immediately volunteered.
I'm here to say that playing with these ingenious die-cuts was more fun that one person should be allowed to have with paper! I only have about 200 more ideas for fun projects to create with these fabulous die-cuts.
Here's a lookie at my vintage-inspired shadowbox assemblage:
For the ginormous view of my project, just clicky on the photo. If you're so inclined, you can check out the rest of the exciting product info below ... but really, nothing's more exciting than these ^ die-cuts.
To create my shadowbox, I used some ancient Paris/travel-themed die-cuts from Provo Craft, a couple of vintage-inspired images from Crafty Secrets, a sentiment stamp from PTI, a vintage key, and a metal index frame. To create a distressed, vintage look, I sponged lots of fluid chalk ink on all of the die-cuts. Easy-peasy and too much fun!
Vicki is sponsoring a blog hop today featuring projects created by crafty bloggers using her die-cuts. Just clicky HERE to go to Vicki's blog. You will be simply amazed to see the variety of cool projects that can be created with these die-cuts!
Soooooooo, this weekend I got stuck err, ... asked to babysit for Reid-the-Wild-Child. How could I say no to my dearest friend? Right. Well, I tried, but she wouldn't let me off the hook.
lack of anything better to do fun, Reid and I challenged each other to a "Whaddya Call A Guy With No Arms and No Legs" Joke-Off. Based on all (one) of your emails, I know you guys really miss the Wild-Child's stupid cute jokes. And since business was slow, Reid's decided he won't be charging me $$$ anymore to use his jokes ... drat the luck.
Here's a few of our favorites:
Reid: Whaddya call a guy with no arms and no legs on your front porch?
Me: Whaddya call a guy with no arms and no legs on your wall?
Reid: Whaddya call a guy with no arms and no legs in your pool?
Me: Whaddya call a guy with no arms and no legs standing in a hole?
Reid: Whaddya call a guy with no arms and no legs with a car on his head?
And the winning "Whaddya Call A Guy ..." joke ... my very own handiwork, I'm
not proud to say:
Me: Whaddya call two guys with no arms and no legs on your window?
Me: Curt and Rod!
I know, they're really dumb ... but you laffed, right?
- ABC Challenge: Q is for Quotation
- Creative Inspirations: Anything But a Card
- Fab 'n' Funky: It's All New (New Shadow-Box Die-Cuts)
- Gingersnap Creations: Copper, Ginger, or Rust
- Hand Full of Stamps: Remove the Dust (Paris Die Cuts)
- Jacksonbelle Embellies: Something New (Die-Cuts)
- One Stitch at a Time: Vintage
- Paper Popsicles: Vacation
- Stamp Something: Distressed
- Stamptacular Sunday: Scene It
- Your Next Stamp: Distressing
- Wild Flower Wednesday: Spring Cleaning (Paris Die Cuts)
- Card Stock: Unknown
- Designer Paper: Unknown
- Free-Standing Shadowbox Die: Accucut by Vicki Chrisman for Crafty Secrets
- Other Paper: Heartwarming Vintage by Crafty Secrets; Chipboard Die Cuts
- Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Ink
- Accessories: Vintage Key; Jump Ring; Vintage-Inspired Metal Index Frame
- Tools: Corner Chomper; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: Approximately 11 1/2" x 6"