TGIF, Crafty Stampers!
Today's card project was created for this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge. This time around, Sharon asked that we create a project with lots of texture. Texture can come in any form, such as embossing, distressing, adding embellishments for dimension -- whatever you like -- to create some fun texture in your creation.
To play along, and we hope that you will, clicky HERE to go to Sharon's post for all the challenging deets ... and to view her simply amazing textured project.
After you've posted your textured project to your blog, add a direct link to your project using Sharon's Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload your project to a public gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please use keyword: "ssnotime131."
Here's a look at my card:
This card is a lot simpler than it looks: my vintage-inspired collage stamp has done most of the work for me! All that was left for me to do was to create some texture.
I created most of the texture using A2 embossing folders; once on my background DP, and again on my distressed flower. I added a bit of machine stitching, a vintage button, and lots of recycled natural jute twine. Easy-peasy!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo. For all of the lumpy product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Now, prepare to be wowed by the projects created by the rest of the Stamp Simply team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here;
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy;
Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and,
Marlene Bender: Heart-Spring, our March Guest Designer.
FYI: Barb is feeling poorly today and will be taking tonight off. Hopefully, she'll be feeling better soon and will be able to join in. Get well soon, Barb!
Soooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out with Sheila and since we both received our Census forms, we simply had to talk that up.
"Whaddya think about all those prison questions on the form?" I asked Sheila.
"I wonder. You'd think the government would know how many people they have in their prisons. Or maybe they know something we don't. Or, maybe they don't know something and hope we do!" Sheila responded.
Uh. Oh. That can't be good ...
Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope you have a fantabulous weekend!
- Artful Inkables: Birthday
- CCEE Stampers: Inspiration
- Crafty Calendar Challenge: Flower Power
- Creative Cottage Challenge: Flowers
- Crop Stop Challenge: Not So Favorite - Red and Blue
- Design Dollies: Scraplift (Inspiration: June 12, 2009)
- Fab 'n' Funky: Punch/Fairy Stamp/Embossing Folder
- Fun with Shapes & More: Birthday (Punch/Tag Die)
- Gingersnap Creations - Random Redhead: Birthday
- Gingersnap Creations - Chestnut Theme: Celebrate
- Hand Full of Stamps: Remove the Dust (Collage Stamp)
- Penny's Crafty Challenge #25: Birthday
- Pixie Dust Studio: Power of 3 (Twine/Designer Papers)
- Stamp Something: Distressed Something
- Totally Gorjuss: Sweet
- Wild Flower Patch: Spring Cleaning (Scraps of DP)
- Your Next Stamp: Distressing (On Flower)
- Card Stock: "Blue Bayou" (Retired) and "Chocolate Chip" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
- Stamp: Vintage Collage by Diva Impressions (Out of Business); Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: Chocolate Chip Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
- Accessories: White Quilting Thread; Vintage Button; Natural Jute Twine
- Tools: Sewing Machine; Die-Cut Machine; Tag Die; Flower Punch by Stampin' Up; Numbers A2 Embossing Folder; Dots A2 Embossing Folder; Distressing Tool by Tim Holtz; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"