Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Go Both Ways ... You?

Pin It

So, Crafty Stampers, I'm off havin' the time of my life on Jury Duty today, but I thought you'd find this interesting:


If you are seeing this lady spinning clockwise, then it means that you are using the right side of the brain. If you are seeing her spinning counter-clockwise, then you are using the left side of the brain.

Some people are able to see her spinning in both directions, but most of them see her rotating only in one direction. If you can see her spin in one direction and then make her spin in the other, then you are a part of a handful of people.

Even if it might not seem so, both directions can be seen. Apparently, this has been proven at Yale University, in New Haven, Connecticut, after 5 years of studying the human brain and its functions. Supposedly only 14% of the US population can see her spinning in both directions.

I didn't make this up; I found this information HERE. So, whaddya make of this?

Thanks so much for stopping by ... I'll be back tomorrow. Go forth and have a happy, goin' both ways kinda day!

~Hugs,

11 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

That is really, really cool! I'm able to get her to spin both ways, too. I wonder if you could use this as a sort of "meditation device" to help yourself move from left brain to right brain to induce a more creative mindset...? Thanks for posting!

Davi said...

That is pretty interesting info. I thought that you had her alternating directions! Have fun doing the jury thing!! :)

Brenda said...

This is so cool!! Thank you for sharing this. Sorry Deb that I haven't been by to leave you some "love" I have been sick, but I am on the mend and getting back in the swing of things. I have a blog award for you on my blog.

Nana said...

Oh, wow. At first was clockwise for me, when moved my eyes on the shade it changed to counter - clockwise. In fact, if you hold your eyes exaclty at the feet on the floor, she would chage every few seconds. :) Thank you for sharing this!

Risa said...

What an interesting fact and thanks for sharing. I see the dancer spinning in both directions but had to stop looking because she makes me dizzy! * lol*
Enjoy your jury duty and have a great day!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

This so cool, Deb! Thank you so much for sharing it! First I saw her spinning counter-clockwise... And I thought something is wrong with me. Then I started to read, and looked at her again, and saw that she is spinning clockwise. I like to be handful! :)

Curt in Carmel said...

This is so interesting! I actually could see her spinning both ways if I would look away for a few seconds and then look again. However, I predominantly see her moving clockwise. Thanks for sharing this. Way cool! Hope jury duty went well! Best, Curt

shannon said...

i immediately saw counter clockwise, but if you look away and "try" to see the other way, I could. interesting. it's kind of like the shillouete picturs where there's a postive and a negative image and different people see either the black or the white image. hope jury duty wasn't too bad!

happypapercrafter said...

Another one who sees both ways. It can't be that uncommon, can it??? Maybe we scrapbookers and cardmakers have trained their brains to see multiple views.

Stampinut said...

It actually is spinning both ways...

Stampinut said...

It actually is spinning both ways...