Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter Holiday Wishes ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers! Hope your week is flyin' by!

Today's Easter card project was created using a cute l'il digital Bunny image ... and not much else.

You do 'get' that it's an Easter card ... what with the "holiday wishes" sentiment, yes? My DH caused me to way over think using this sentiment as it's traditionally a winter-holiday greeting. But I'm wild and crazy ... and stubborn ... so I've used it anyway:

The cute l'il digital image, from Bee Crafty, was lightly touched with color using Copic markers and Spica pens.

My card base is Kraft card stock and the white dotted background was created in an A2 embossing folder. The sentiment was stamped in "Basic Black" dye ink and both images were mounted on "Melon Mambo" card stock. So easy, even I could do it!

For all of the the fun-tastic product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooooo, Sheila's DH, Ken, is a Travel Team soccer coach here in West Palm ... and a good one. This season, he's having his best year ever: his team is undefeated and they've been invited to play in a ton of Invitational meets across the state.

So yesterday, while I was hangin' out at Sheila's, she took a phone call for Ken.

"Ken, phone! It's 'Sports Illustrated!'" Sheila called out.

Ken, figgering that his 15 Minutes had arrived, rushed down the stairs in his stocking feet to answer the phone. But because the stairs were slippery from a recent waxing, Ken fell halfway down.

"Omigosh," Sheila and I breathed, "are you okay?!?"

"Sure, sure, I'm fine. Where's the phone?"

"Well, still in the kitchen, Ken, I haven't had it moved." Sheila retorted.

"Good; outta my way please Deb. And you too Miss Smart-Mouth."

"Careful, the dishwasher is ........" Sheila started to say.

And crash! Sheila had left the dishwasher door open ... to air-dry the dishes ... and Ken fell over the open dishwasher, crashing to the floor.

"I'm alright, I'm okay." Ken panted, pulling himself up off the floor.

As he made his final approach to the phone, poor Ken took a huge flyin' leap off an area rug, launched himself into air, and landed flat on his butt.

Normally, after watching someone fall down the stairs AND crash over the open dishwasher door, Sheila and I would have been doubled over in hysterics. But it was KEN for goshsakes and that final flight in mid-air from the area rug launchpad wasn't exactly funny. Alright, a little funny ...

"Omigosh, Ken, are you okay?" Sheila cried, "Should I call an ambulance? Do you need a hot pad, or bandaging, or something?"

"No. I'm fine. Please just let me get to the phone in one piece to talk to the Sports Illustrated people." Ken pleaded.

As he reached for the phone, Ken mouthed, "This is gonna be huge! I'm puttin' it on speaker phone, okay ladies?"

Okay?!? Well, sure! Of course we wanted to hear his conversation with SPORTS ILLUSTRATED!!!

Ken puts the phone on speaker, and answers in his most professional, good sportsman like-voice, "Hello, this is Ken L. speaking."

And so we hear:

"Hello, Mr. L. This is Sports Illustrated calling to offer you a full YEAR of Sports Illustrated for the low, low price of just $1.00 per issue!"

And as he went to hang up, his sock got caught on a l'il nail head in the floor under the counter and he fell down ... again. But this time, on top of the cat ... who screamed like a banshee before clawing the be-jesus outta him. He's fine, really, a little sore and a lot embarrassed. But dang, where's a video camera when you need one?

Thanks so much for swingin' by ... hope your today is w-a-y less dangerous than Ken's yesterday was!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Kraft," "Melon Mambo," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
  • Digital Image: Bee Crafty
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Marker; Spica Glitter Pen
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Twill Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Dies; Swiss Dots A2 Embossing Folder; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Sale-a-bration Ends in Just 7 Days!! Shop now for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

52 comments:

Sharli said...

Hi Deb! Yes, it's an EASTER holiday! I get it - and I love your bunny!

Poor Ken.

Elena said...

So cute, Deb! I love the embossed dots background, and layered ribbon is a perfect touch! :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Super sweet card and C&S which we all love..love the dotted swiss folder you used. Pat

Crystal said...

Deb this is tooooooo cute!!! AWWW love the cas feel to this, its ADORABLE!!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Ummmmm, last time I checked Easter is a holiday. . . .LOL I didn't even think twice about your "holiday wishes" on the Easter card. Unless of course they have changed the mascot from reindeer to snow bunnies, and the official Christmas colors from red and white to white and Melon Mambo. LOL Your card is a cute as can be. And all I can say is poor Ken. Best, Curt

Elaine said...

Such a cute card Deb, love the embossing and the super cute bunny... a gorgeous card :)

Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi this fortnight

Elaine x

Georgia said...

Great card! I love your style...simple and clean. Thanks for joining us this week at S2G TT.

Joan said...

Funny - I was looking at my "Holiday Greeting" words too....should work for every holiday of the year - and that bunny - made me smile he's so cute!!!!!
Hope Ken has a better day today!!!

Jennifer Scull said...

love the card and that most adorable digi! so glad you could play along with us at S2G!
poor Ken.... hope he doesn't get any more calls like that... although I was trying REALLY hard not to giggle... :)

Cat said...

OMGosh! Poor Ken! I hope he was eventually able to laugh about the whole thing! Love your card! So simple and sweet! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

lalkygirl said...

fab card,lovely image and such a clean fresh card,love it,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
lalkygirl x

Carol Ann said...

A very pretty card with a very sweet image that bunnie is cute. I love the simplicity of your card and the punch of pink works so well. Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

Angel said...

Simply elegant card, love the little bunny image.

Thanks for joining us at MCFC.
Hugs Angel

Dragonlady said...

Hi Deb

Gorgeous simple effective card. Thanks for joiniing us at I Love Digi.

Hugs Ali x

BethieJ said...

Such a SWEET Easter Card! Great job on all the challenges!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!!

CreaRenata said...

Such a beautiful card, sorry but you need a digi from Karens Doodles to join the challenge.

Hugs,
Renata

Karin said...

Love the clean lines of your card Thanks for playing at I Love Digi!

Anne said...

LOL poor old Ken!
What a gorgeous clean and simple card, love it!

Thanks for playing along with Shirleys2Girls at Twisted Thursday hope you join us again this week

Anne
x

Jane Wetzel said...

well...first..dont EVA listen to the hubb when it comes to crafting! ha ah! I LOVE this image..mite hav to look it up..and the Ken story is hilarious..GREAT blog! thanks for joining us at S2G! :)

Cheryl said...

great card hun love the colurs you have used love the image too thanks for joining us at incy this week hugs cheryl xxxx

Chris said...

ok, i am blown away at how many challenges this card covers! i'm needing a nap just reading them, let alone typing me...so i dub you the queen o challenges!! let me bow to your all mightyiness!

love the bunnu image and i think the sentiment works...

the ken story was funny!!

Ann English said...

Well, poor Ken! But the card-love it-simple, clean, precious! Thanks for playing with us at S2G!

Brenda said...

Fabulous CAS Easter card Deb!

Judy Applegarth said...

OMG...That story was hilarious! I totally forgot about your card! BTW its super cute...hahaha

Thanks for joing us at S2G and making me laugh!

Mariska said...

Your card is so nice but for joining the Karen's Doodles NL Challenge your card really has to carry a digi of Karen's Doodles.
Regards Mariska

aussiescrapper said...

That is super hilarious, I just think poor man, you had me going halfway through I thought it may not have been sports illustrated on the phone but OMG this was a classic, I hope he is okay, but tell him his antics made this aussie laugh, by the way I love the card.....

nicolet said...

It´s a nice card.
Nicolet

sam said...

beautiful card! love the simplicity of it! and that bunny is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Bev said...

Love your card, of course you can tell its an easter card. Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi.

Tina said...

What a fun card!

jackiescrafts said...

What a lovely Easter card I love its clean simple lines
Thanks for joining in at MCFC

Jackie x

{Jane} said...

So sweet!

Thanks for joining us on I LOVE DIGI :)

Hugs Jane x

Ann said...

What an adorable Easter card Deb!!! I love the simplicity of it! Thanks for joining me on my challenge this week!!

Andrea M said...

Love this!!! So CAS! Great job and thanks for piling it on with us!

Allison said...

Loving this bunny...too cute! Super fun layout and color scheme too!

Rhonda said...

Very nice...I really love the way you did the image. Great job! Thank you for playing with us at Daisy Doodles.

Maria Matter said...

PERFECT!!!!

I love Bee's images! that bunny always makes me giggle!

Blessings, Maria

Lexi said...

lol poor Ken! Fab card hun thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Amy Johnson said...

What a cute CAS Easter Card! I love it! Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Gloria Stengel said...

Your bunny card is so cute. And that story...I don't care if it's true or a gag, which I saw coming a mile away, but I still laughed my socks of. And if Mr. Man had worn shoes instead of socks, this would not have happened. ROFL Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What a great card hunny thank you for joining in with the CCC challenge this week Linda

knitwit said...

Hilarious story--I'm still in hysterics!
Great use of the holiday sentiment. I see a sentiment like that and automatically think Christmas, but a holiday is a holiday and it's nice to get some extra use out of those suckers!!

Paul said...

Nice CAS Card and also had a little giggle at the story! Thanks for joining us at the I LOVE DIGI CHALLENGE, hope to see more in the future.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Georgie said...

A classy card.Such a clean look to it.Thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations

redwasher1 said...

Such a cute cas card!! Beautiful!!

Suzanne said...

OMG, poor Ken! Love the card! the blue around the bunny is super! thanks for playing along with other lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

Poppy said...

great card,
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

Heather "Hev" said...

I totally get the bunny!!!


Very cute :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

ps poor Ken :)

Risa said...

What a super sweet card Deb! Your image is so cute and the clean lines and embossing are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

kariluis said...

So cute and yet so elegant. Lovely lovely card.
Thanks for playing along with The Crazy Challenge.
xxx
Kariluis

Milliesmarvels said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us for the I love Digi Challenge.
Jane
x

Bee said...

Beautifully simple and effective design, love the pinks and your use of the image. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Spring Challenge :)