Thursday, March 4, 2010

You've Got A What Where?!?

Pin It


Happy Thursday, Crafty Stampers!

Today's card project is unlike any card I've ever created ... of that, I'm fairly certain. I'm usually not one for cutesy animal images ... but there was something about this adorable Hippo that even I couldn't resist. So I didn't even try:

This cute l'il digital image, by Digi Kitty, was printed on card stock then colored with Prismacolor pencils blended with Gamsol. Check out the Digi Kitty blog to find out how you can get a really cute, really free digital image, too!

Being a stampin' fool, I simply HAD to add some rubbah stampin' to the project, using stamps from SU's new "I {Heart} Stamps" set. So, no, I'm not hiding an ugly card-making faux pas ... not this time!

For the rest of the 'oh-how-cute' product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday Sheila and I took Reid-the-Wild-Child to the Library to pick up some ... would you believe! ... FREE books to read. Clicky HERE if you're at all confused by that statement.

Anyway, while we were checking out we bumped into our friend, Carolyn. And it was fairly obvious that we hadn't seen her in awhile as she was v-e-r-y pregnant. We'd a noticed that ...

"WoW, you're huge!" Sheila brilliantly observed.

"And you look great!" I quickly added.

After a few minutes of "whaddya doin', where ya goin', whatcha knowin'," Carolyn turned to Reid and asked, "Hey, Reid, would you like to feel the baby kicking?"

So Reid tentatively placed his hand on Carolyn's baby bump and asked, "So, how will the baby get out of there?"

Sheila turned a lovely shade of green, but Carolyn stayed cool, simply saying, "Oh, the Doctor will help, Reid."

Eyes widened in amazement, Reid exclaimed, "WHAT?!? You've got a Doctor in there, too?!?"

Thanks so much for visiting today ... be sure to swing by tomorrow for some new newsy news!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: Hearts from "I {Heart} Hearts" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Melon Mambo" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Juniper Dye Ink by CTMH
  • Color Medium: Prismacolor Premier Pencils by Sanford
  • Accessories: Mini-Buttons; DMC Embroidery Floss; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Oval Dies; Fancy Corner Punch; Doily Lace Border Punch; Heart to Heart Punch by Stampin' Up; Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits by Gamblin; Blending Stump; Sharpie Paint Pen; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

41 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWWW Deb this image is sooooo sweet, WOW I LOVE your layers and those scallops fantastic papers and your coloring is WAY AWESOME!!!!! Adorable creation girl!!!

chercroppin said...

You're right Deb, this hippo? Well, she's just precious! What pretty paper and embellies you used here!

What a cutie Reid is!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Deb, I don't usually do "cute," either, but that really IS a fabulous card! I love it! And, thanks for the best laugh I've had all week! "You've got a Doctor in there, too??" Priceless!!!

Tina said...

That is about the cutest thing I have ever seen! Adorable.

Chris said...

adorable card!! love the image!!

cgl1539 said...

LOL you got a doctor in there too! Thats great! Fabulous job with this image. I love that you layered on it. BTW, I went and looked at your rooster card and fell in love, that is such a wonderful card and I flipped over the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at DigiKitty.

Erin... said...

Oh this is just too cute Deb!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something this week!

Joan said...

What an adorable hippo!!! Great card! Thanks for the giggle with your story too!!!

Gail said...

This card really rocks,love it.Thanks for joining us at Digi Kitty ,would love to see what you make with our next challenge.

Hugs
Gail

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! How sweet this is!! I adore that ribbon and button in her hair!! TEE!! Beautiful colors!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

Janice W. said...

First let me say your post about Reid made me laugh out loud! Kids are so cute!

Your card is super cute too! I love everything about it! That hippo has been my favorite. You should check out the hippo bundle, it is so adorable!

Thanks for joining us in the Digi Kitty challenge. Hope to see you for the next one!

Ellie said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Love that designer paper. And such a sweet image. Love the hearts you added. Thanks so much for playing the dtc.

Maria Matter said...

too adorable Deb! love the pink oval behind the scallops...awesome idea!!!
I'm just tickled that you've become a challenge player! lol
Thank you for playing along with my scallops challenge this week @ Digi Tuesday!!!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Rose said...

Really sweet card! Such pretty colors! Thanks for joining us at SSW this week!

Randee E said...

Such a sweetie - I wouldn't be able to resist either! I just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU! Your comment had me ROFL!! I even read it to my DH and he laughed too - "Yep - I agree" in response to what your DH would've said :0)You made my day!

redwasher1 said...

A really sweet card and you did a wonderful job on it. I love your stories!

Brenda said...

Oh Deb this is so adorable!! You did cutesy very well!

mulberry station said...

YOur story is priceless and your card is just as cute. Love your hippo. Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Nancy SSW-DT

Danni said...

I adore this card! So very cute and fun!

~*Joni said...

Oh I do think you do cutesy very well! I too wouldn't be able to resist this hippo, excellent job on the layers and the details of the corners. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Stacy said...

Mwahhahahah! Oh my gosh that story is so funny! I laughed so hard I cried! Hee, hee :D anyway....your card is just adorable, I can see why you had to use this little cute hippo! Thanks for joining us at the SSW!!!!

tina... said...

Fabulous, Gorgeous-ness. Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Pink Elephant.

Sheng said...

OMG, I want this card. I want it, I want it. It's so cute and everything else. Thank you for joining us at DigiKitty this week. Don't forget about your freebi by email.

Mervi said...

Lovely and so sweet card!
Thanks for joining in with us at
Rosie D's Challenge, good luck;-))m

Melissa Craig said...

Super adorable! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Allison said...

Ah, so cute! Great card!

Erica said...

Hi Deb,
I know whatcha mean about the cutsy images. They can be tough to make into a card, but you did good. He's adorable. Luved the Reid joke today. Sharin it with the dh.

sweetbloominscraps said...

What a cute hippo image! I love all your added hearts. Thanks for playing at SSW!

Tracy said...

Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D's challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Saskia said...

Lovely 'Friends-card'!! So sweet and cute!
Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge! We hope to see you back next challenge! :)

Greetigns, Saskia :)

Magda said...

What a cute card! I love it! Great colours and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D`s challenge.
Magda :)

Jeannie said...

Really like your bright and fun colors and thanks so much for joining us at SSW!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Elena said...

I am so glad you did this cute card! This Hippo image is so sweet!

My Little Space said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at PTW this week.

Mandy

Merry said...

This is a beautiful and cute card.

KymKreates said...

Your card is bright and cheery! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at SKW.

KymKreates

Paula said...

I can see why that hippo was hard to resist...such cuteness! Great take on this weeks challenge! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Terry Oulboub said...

Oooh, I'm loving this image big time - it is really the cutest! But what I like most is the border punch on the green background paper. I love how you used that on the card and added the ovals - really clever! What a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! ;)

Risa said...

What a super card Deb, it's fun to step out of the comfort zone at times isn't it!
hugs
Risa:)

Denise Clark said...

She is definitely irrestible! I love the little ribbon you put on her head. Too cute! The paper is so pretty and I love the hearts. Adorable!

Thanks for playing the PICK 3 Challenge!

Tracey said...

this is amazing! i love what u did with the digi kitty image!!! wow! thanks for playing along with digi kitty, hope to see more of you :)