Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Six of One, Half a Dozen of the Other ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, crafty stampers!

Today's card project was created for The Play Date Cafe's "Color Splash" challenge, PDCC18. The "Color Splash" challenge requires a black and white card with a 'splash' of a color. This week's suggested color is teal; or in my case, SU's "Bermuda Bay."

For all the challenging deets, including a look at the inspiration photo, clicky HERE to visit the Play Date Cafe challenge blog.

Here's my card:

I stamped my beautiful sentiment on Whisper White card stock using Basic Black dye ink, then again on a scrap of card stock using Bermuda Bay dye ink. I cut out the second impression and adhered it over the first for a ... splash! of color.

The black with white polka dot paper is from DCWV; the white with black polka dot paper was created using a background stamp.

Finally, the decorative edge on the card base and on the DP was created with a Borderabilities die ... I think. It has since (in all of two days!), gone missing in my studio and Lord knows how long it'll be before whatever-it-is resurfaces. Funny thing is, I've had it for months but this was the very first time I used the dang thing! Well, I didn't like it all that much anyway ... I kid.

For all the splashy product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooo, on Saturday after we had the strange Wal-Mart shopping experience (clicky HERE for all of the unbelievable deets), Sheila decided to toss some lunch Reid-the-Wild-Child's way. Sad but true: the Golden Arches.

Reid has a big ears, an overactive bladder, and the loudest screech of any child, anywhere ... but a small appetite. And he wanted Chicken McNuggets. But only six of them.

"I'd like a half-dozen of the 'Chicken McNuggets.'" Sheila told the McHappy counter-person.

"Sorry, we don't have a half dozen nuggets."

"You don't? Are you sure about that?" Sheila asked.

"Sorry, we only have six, nine, or twelve pieces of 'Chicken McNuggets.'"

"So, just to be clear: I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" Sheila asked.

"Yes, Ma'am, that's right."

"Okay, then just give me six ... but since I really want a half-dozen, would you mind counting them for me when they're packaged? I just wanna be sure that I get a full half-dozen."

"Oh, sure, no problem. But I can assure you that you won't be getting a half-dozen. You'll get six. That's all. Just six." she replied.

Later that day, when we told this story to Sheila's psychotic weird sister, Jill, she said, "So, what happened? Did you end up with six or a half a dozen?"

Omigosh, it's contagious!

Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope your day is fantastical!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Bermuda Bay" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: DCWV
  • Stamps: Sentiment, Inkadinkado; Background, CTMH
  • Ink: "Basic Black" and "Bermuda Bay" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle and Border Dies; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

33 comments:

Charlene said...

I LOVE this quote and your card is much more delicious than a half dozen chicken nuggets...I think...what's a chicken nugget? Is it like a gold nugget, a chocolate nugget, and what's a nugget anyway?

Tina said...

Love the card edge! What a wonderful quote, such great colors too.

Allison said...

Very cool...perfect masculine card!

Donna said...

Fab card for this weeks challenge, such a sweet sentiment...thanks for playing along with Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Julie Ranae said...

That story was so good, I have to make sure to read the Walmart saga.

GREAT interpretation of color splash for this week! Love, LOVE it : )

Joycelyn Turner said...

OH this certainly has the WOW factor...beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with TOtally Stampalicious!!

lalkygirl said...

this is so beautiful,so elegant and the sentiment isjust beautiful,
thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck in the challenge
lalkygirl x

Denise Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise Clark said...

Love this! I love that the quote is big and the focus here! It's wonderful! Love the patterned papers and colors you put together. The decorative bottom edge is perfect and does not pull the eye too quickly away from the sentiment. Lovely card!

Thank you so much for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge!

Audrey said...

What an elegant card! I love the edging on the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Crystal said...

OOOO LOVE this quote Deb, and what a beautiful design too hun!!! Such a great card gf!!

Rebeccah Kuhne said...

I love the bottom edge of your card. I hope you find that missing borderability as I am sure you are gonna want to use it again! Thanks for playing along at Totally Stampalicious.

carol said...

your card is beautiful, what a fabulous quote, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

Maria Matter said...

oh Deb, this is gorgeous!!!!
what a beautiful sentiment also...this is one WOWZA of a card my dear!

Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Lynnor Goodwin said...

What a fantastic card for the TS challenge!! Love it!!

Sharli said...

Great card Deb! The color "pop" is really "KEWL"!

redwasher1 said...

What a beautiful quote and your design is just fab!! But your story took me over the top!!!! LOL

The Rubber Maid said...

Wonderful verse & wonderful card. Love it. Pat

Deb said...

gorgeous card, love the ribbon, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Abby said...

Beautiful card...love the black/white polka dot paper! Thanks for sharing a little something with us at Creatilicious!

Abby:)

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful! LOVE the ribbon, and the Bermuda Bay accents. I'm loving your stories too - so glad I found your blog!!

Elena said...

I really love the edge of this card! And the sentiment - so beautiful! :)

CraftyGirl said...

Wow... this card is really lovely! The black and white are so classy and the "splash" of color just adds that extra little touch! I am glad you could join us at Frosted Designs this week!
Barb :)

Chris said...

love the card, love the SPLASH of color, what a perfect choice bermuda bay, you did that on perpose, didn'tcha??...fabulous!!

Axes DesigNs said...

Congrats.... I just look you are in the fab 4! beautiful card!

LINDA said...

Beautiful card!!Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious..
Hugs, Linda

Lexi said...

oh how classy! Thanks for playing along at lexi's creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Deb, what a stylish card. Love the sentiment and the dotty paper is perfect. Hope you find your borderability die as the decorative edge is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

Liza said...

A gorgeous, stylish card Deb and I love the sentiment you have used. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the hint of colour in the stamp and that beautiful border along the bottom. Fabulous nugget story too - so sad but I have that problem with the deli staff here! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very, very nice. I love that sentiment too and it's great the way you have set it up with that touch of blue. Loved your story - quite amazing.

So happy you could join in the fun this week at Pile it On - great take on the Lucky Me challenge.

Rosanne said...

Very elegant feel! Thanks for playing along at Pile It On!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,love the spotted paper and your fabulous sentiment!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx