Happy Tuesday, crafty stampers!
Today's card project was created for The Play Date Cafe's "Color Splash" challenge, PDCC18. The "Color Splash" challenge requires a black and white card with a 'splash' of a color. This week's suggested color is teal; or in my case, SU's "Bermuda Bay."
For all the challenging deets, including a look at the inspiration photo, clicky HERE to visit the Play Date Cafe challenge blog.
Here's my card:
I stamped my beautiful sentiment on Whisper White card stock using Basic Black dye ink, then again on a scrap of card stock using Bermuda Bay dye ink. I cut out the second impression and adhered it over the first for a ... splash! of color.
The black with white polka dot paper is from DCWV; the white with black polka dot paper was created using a background stamp.
Finally, the decorative edge on the card base and on the DP was created with a Borderabilities die ... I think. It has since (in all of two days!), gone missing in my studio and Lord knows how long it'll be before whatever-it-is resurfaces. Funny thing is, I've had it for months but this was the very first time I used the dang thing! Well, I didn't like it all that much anyway ... I kid.
For all the splashy product info, check out the supply list, below.
Soooooooooo, on Saturday after we had the strange Wal-Mart shopping experience (clicky HERE for all of the unbelievable deets), Sheila decided to toss some lunch Reid-the-Wild-Child's way. Sad but true: the Golden Arches.
Reid has a big ears, an overactive bladder, and the loudest screech of any child, anywhere ... but a small appetite. And he wanted Chicken McNuggets. But only six of them.
"I'd like a half-dozen of the 'Chicken McNuggets.'" Sheila told the McHappy counter-person.
"Sorry, we don't have a half dozen nuggets."
"You don't? Are you sure about that?" Sheila asked.
"Sorry, we only have six, nine, or twelve pieces of 'Chicken McNuggets.'"
"So, just to be clear: I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" Sheila asked.
"Yes, Ma'am, that's right."
"Okay, then just give me six ... but since I really want a half-dozen, would you mind counting them for me when they're packaged? I just wanna be sure that I get a full half-dozen."
"Oh, sure, no problem. But I can assure you that you won't be getting a half-dozen. You'll get six. That's all. Just six." she replied.
Later that day, when we told this story to Sheila's
psychotic weird sister, Jill, she said, "So, what happened? Did you end up with six or a half a dozen?"
Omigosh, it's contagious!
Thanks so much for stopping by ... hope your day is fantastical!
- Cute Card Thursday: Ribbon-tastic
- Cupcake Craft Challenge: Circles
- Crafty Catz: A Fancy Edge and a Ribbon
- Creatalicious: A Little Something
- Frosted Designs: Handwriting
- Fussy and Fancy Friday: Movies (The Miracle Worker)
- Lexie's Creations: Anything Goes
- Pile it On: Lucky Me (Lucky in Love)
- Practical Scrappers: Ink ('Basic Black'/'Bermuda Bay') Dye Inks
- Stamping Vacation: Pick 3 ('S'entiment Image/Tool: Border Die Used for the First Time/Black: Black Ribbon)
- Totally Stampalicious: Black, White, and WoW (Teal/Bermuda Bay)
- Card Stock: "Bermuda Bay" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: DCWV
- Stamps: Sentiment, Inkadinkado; Background, CTMH
- Ink: "Basic Black" and "Bermuda Bay" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle and Border Dies; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.