Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thank You for ... the Willow Tree?

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, Crafty Stampers!

Today's card project was created for a recent "May Arts" ribbon contest ... which I promptly lost ... so I thought I'd share it with you today.

Here's a look at my losing entry:

The card was created with an eons-old primitive-style tree stamp, a retired SU sentiment stamp, buttons, embroidery floss, an embossed background, a metal frame hanger, and some beautiful ribbon.

For the rest of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out with Sheila when Ken, her poor, unsuspecting DH, wandered into the kitchen.

"So, Ken," Sheila says to her DH, "That young couple that just moved in across the street seem like such a lovey-dovey twosome. Every morning, when he leaves the house, he kisses her goodbye, and every evening when he comes homes, he brings her a bouquet of flowers. Now, why can't you do that?"

So Ken replies, "Why? I hardly know the girl."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Bermuda Bay," "Chocolate Chip," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Primitive Tree; Sentiment by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Buttons; Embroidery Floss; Antique Copper Brad and Metal Frame Hanger from Hodgepodge Hardware by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square Dies; Rectangle Dies; Distressed Stripes A2 Embossing Folder; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Sale-a-bration Ends in Just Eight Days!! Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

29 comments:

Crystal said...

OOOOOO I LOVE these colors Deb!!!! Oh my and that willow tree looks fabulous!!! A very yummy ribbon treatment too....Girl this is AWESOME LOVE IT!

LeAnne said...

No worry, this card is a winner in MY book! LOVE it!

Tina said...

Wow, this is spectacular. That ribbon is divine!

Glenda said...

Can't believe you lost - I love this! I love the colours and the layout is fantastic! Thanks for playing!

Allison said...

You certainly know how to mix color and texture...super job!

craftymum said...

Your post brought a smile to my face!!!
Super card. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love sarah XXX

Julie M said...

Great card, Deb - I love the bold image with zingy colours.

Love your funny story - poor Sheila!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

aussiescrapper said...

Gorgeous elegant card Deb, divine, and I love the answer from your friend's husband, love it.

lesleyworth said...

so pretty! fabulous color combo! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Christine Blain said...

Well, for a 'loser', this is one beautiful card! Thanks, as always, for sharing your great sense of humour - brightens my day!

de said...

Beautiful card! Color combo and ribbon ROCKS! Thanks for playing EtsyInspired!

Chris said...

i can't believe you didn't win with this card...it's super-fabu-licious!! it's so cute, love the willow tree...

redwasher1 said...

Super crafted card!! Love the color combo!!

Brenda said...

Deb this one is a winner to me!! Great use of ribbon.

Risa said...

Wow...in "my book" all of your cards are winners Deb! I have always liked your tree image and the ribbon is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Sharli said...

Hi Deb! I love your card and it shows off the ribbon beautifully!

Love the Sheila story, too! LOL

Tanya Rudd said...

This is a wonderful card.Glad to see you using your stamps. Thank you for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Kathy said...

Great color contrast..Teal and Brown. Thanks for playing with the Pixies!!

Maria Matter said...

so beautiful Deb, I really like these colors!!! You always have such incredible designs! I think trees are some of my favorite images!!! great job!
blessings, Maria

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Deb! Love these colors!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

This card is a winner with me! Love those colors together, and the embossed background reminds me of the texture of tree bark, which I'm sure you already knew that! LOL Great work! Best, Curt

Joan said...

Don't know how I've missed your blog over the past couple of days - I love this tree!!!! Great card, especially with that embossed background too.

freckleface said...

Beautiful card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

Digi Kitty said...

Goodness Deb--you did a GREAT job on the EIC challenge and incorporating it into so many other challenges! I think the turquoise with brown is very striking.
Thanks for playing the EIC during my week of sponsorship.

Hugs,
Kristal of Digi Kitty

judie said...

brill card hun, love the willow on your card, does remind of spring as ours are just waking up as well, thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Kat said...

This is really lovely. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Tracey said...

wow, i love that tree! and the colors u used are beautiful! thanks for joining us at the Shoe this week!

Vicky said...

What a stunner!!!
I adore the color scheme and layout...
Beautiful creation...

Thank's for joining Crafty Cardmakers this week
x
Vicky

Made by Mandy said...

Great layout and colours.

Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers :)