Friday, March 12, 2010

Simply Pink and Green ... in 15 Minutes!

Pin It


TGIF, Crafty Stampers!

It's another fabulous Friday and time for this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge! Since Sharon loves color, she asked us to create a project using one of her favorite color combinations: pink and green. Anything goes, as long as you use pink and green. And, as a bonus option, you can also add the color brown.

If you decide to play along, and we hope that you do, please link your project to Sharon's Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload your card to a public gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please use keyword "ssnotime130" so we can find your entry.

We can't wait to see your pink and green ... and maybe brown ... projects!

I optioned out of the bonus option ... here's a look at my-pink-and-green-minus-brown creation:

Be sure to clicky HERE to see Sharon's gorgeous pink and green beauty ... and don't miss the rest of the beautiful projects created by the Stamp Simply team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits,

Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here,

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat,

Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy,

Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty,

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden,

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color,

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover., and,

Marlene Bender: Heart-Spring, our March Guest Designer.

This card couldn't have been simpler to create! I stamped my flourish using brush markers on Whisper White card stock, then stamped my font-a-licious sentiment on the same panel.

I created a 'path' using my Scor-It board, and adhered a ribbon slide tied with a pin grosgrain ribbon on the 'path', then punched a scalloped border using Stampin' Up's Scallop Trim border punch. So easy, even I could do it!

For all of the colorful product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, I was hangin' out with Sheila yesterday when her 16-year-old nephew stopped by to share some good news with her.

"Aunt Sheila, I got a job! It's fantastic and I love it!" her nephew enthused.

"That's terrific, Ryan, I'm so glad to hear it." Sheila responded.

"Yeah, and I get two weeks paid vacation! I can't wait to find out where they send me!"

It must run in the family ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a great weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Flourish by Hero Arts; Sentiment by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Brush Markers
  • Accessories: Pink Grosgrain Ribbon; Ribbon Slide from Hodgepodge Hardware Set by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Scor-It Board; Scallop Trim Border Punch by Stampin' Up; Mini Glue Dots; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

42 comments:

Charlene said...

Gorgeous! Love the elegant simplicity.

Looks like you'll need your waders today for the puddles and that tall tale! :-)

shannon said...

very spring! love the white space!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So very pretty Deb! I love the lacy feel of the border punch at the bottom...what a perfect touch!

Barbara said...

Very pretty, Deb!! WTG on all those challenges!

cards4u said...

Simply beautiful!! Love your use of color and amazing job on combining these challenges! Have A Great Weekend : )

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Deb! Love pink and green together!

Janine said...

Love it!! And the font on "Easter" is beautiful!!

Julia Aston said...

How pretty Deb! so light and airy - love the swirls and scored lines!

Kelly said...

gorgeous card!

Velta said...

Oh my goodness...This is so very elegant!!! your colors on that white CS just "pop!"

Tina said...

So beautiful, what a classic color combo...so spring.

The Rubber Maid said...

This is C&S all the way but so very pretty. Love it when you can do something simply and have it come out so nice. Pat

chelemom said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the little pink edging at the bottom too!

kmassman said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am a newbie, so I really appreciate feedback! Your card is very pretty, also! I look forward to looking through your blog and seeing more of your creations!

Barb Schram said...

I'm in love with that punched border edge! Wonderful card with great detail! Hope you have a great weekend, Deb!

redwasher1 said...

So elegant!!! I really love this!! I feel a case coming on!!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love this Deb! Your cards are always so elegant. No matter what the theme, you always add a touch of elegance to your cards. It is part of your style. Love the story too! Best, Curt

Danni said...

Love this!! so very pretty!!

knitwit said...

Love it--really pretty!
I'm slowly catching up here. I need someone to send me away for two weeks of paid vacation, sans kids!!

kirstyj said...

so pretty - love the 'path' and the ribbon:)

Maria Matter said...

Simply Beautiful Deb!!!

look at all those challenge, wait, are they in alphabetical order...oh you have soooo surpassed me in the challenge realm! lol I pass my crown onto you!!!
YOU SO ROCK!!!

Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Jodene Tripp said...

This is such a pretty card Deb! And WTG on fitting multiple challenges into one project:)

SallyB said...

This card is so beautifully made. What a very clean fresh style you have! Thanks for entering it into Susie's Sassy Challenge!

pinky said...

Very fresh card, love the soft colours. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
Pinky

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful spring card ! love the beautiful image ! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

Danielle Daws said...

lol... I love your stories! They're hilarious!

Gorgeous card - the colours look so sweet together. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Deb, what a stunning card. I love the simplicity of the layout and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Such a beautiful image. Thanks for joining us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a beautiful Easter delight! I LOVE that long flourish and that delicate lacey border is the perfect finishing touch!!! Love it!!!!

Lisa Jane said...

what a lovely simple elegant card. Lovely to see you at BTC&G
Lisa ;)

Corie said...

Love this -- super pretty

Brenda said...

A very beautiful and elegant card Deb!!! One of my faves of yours so far!

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Susie's Sassy challenge and Rosie-D's challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jeanne Forsyth said...

Very pretty - way to rock the challenges! Thanks for joining Stampin B's;-)

Hermine said...

Its lovely

Jenny Gropp said...

Love this 00 the embossing with Scor Pal and the punched edge adds the perfect touch!

Where are they sending him --- LOL!!!!

Mervi said...

Very stylish card!
Thanks for playing with us
at Rosie D's challenge,
good luck;-))m

Gingersnap Stampers said...

What a lovely way to celebrate Easter! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing the Gingersap Creations Celebrate Challenge!

Pamela said...

Hi Deb,

thanks for joining in at Creative Friday. The card is very cute and gorgouse but the theme at CF is "Bookmark and spring feelings"!

For me it doesn't mind... I like your work so much.

Hugs Pamela

Risa said...

What a fabulous card! I love the clean lines and the color combo is fabulous and refreshing!
hugs
Risa:)

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, great colours.
luv
Debby

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a beautiful, elegant card! Thanks for playing with the Stampin B's!!

Neet said...

I love cards like this - very elegant.