I have some news to share with you: I couldn't be happier to announce that I'm now a permanent member of Sharon Johnson's "Stamp Simply Challenge" team! Holy Moly Guacamole! I'm absolutely
slap happy thrilled to be a member of this fabulous team of talented artists. Now, if I could just figger out a way to osmosize some of that amazing talent, the stampin' side of life would be just perfect!
So, this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge is to use border punches on your stamping project. Don't have a border punch? No problem. You can create a faux punched border with scallop-edged Nestabilities, as Sharon demonstrates HERE ... or, you can use a corner rounder punch to create a scalloped edge border as shown HERE in a tutorial by Beate Johns for Splitcoast Stampers. You can even use plain old circle punchies to create a faux scallop edge. And don't we all have a pair of decorative-edge scissors buried somewhere in our stamp room?
If you decide to play along, and we hope you do, please link your project using Sharon's Mr. Linky located HERE. If you upload to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please use keyword: "ssnotime129." We can't wait to see your punchy project!
Here's my very green border-punched card:
Clicky HERE to see Sharon's oh-my-gosh-gorgeous sample ... and you have got to see the rest of the Stamp Simply team's amazing punched-border projects:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits,
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here,
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat,
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy,
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty,
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden,
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color,
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover., and,
Our fabulous Guest Designer for the month of March, Marlene Bender: Heart Spring.
The focal image on my card was created using a digital stamp from the Digi Kitty, "Robyn Redbreast." But as soon as I saw this adorable image, I thought it would be perfect for a St. Patrick's Day card ... it must be that dapper waistcoat and top-hat!
I double punched my loopy border, added some grosgrain ribbon, a stamped message tag, a gold crown charm, and a little white metal-edged tag. TIP: I created the shamrock on the tag by punching out four l'il green hearts using Stampin' Up's small heart punch.
For the rest of the punchy product info, check out the supply list below.
Sooooooooo, yesterday Sheila and her
insane wacky sister, Jill, stopped by and caught me red-handed ... playing 'Keno Pop' on Pogo.com. Okay, I confess: I'm a huge fan of Internet games in general and Pogo games in particular.
This casino-style game makes a lot of noise, has hundreds of running flashing lights, and reflective mercury-like silver balls flying all over the place. It's sort of like Christmas ... without the gifts ... or the cookies.
"Wow, this looks like fun!" Jill exclaimed, pulling up a chair. "Look at all those flashy lights going around the board and stuff flying all over the place!"
"How on earth can you play this game with the psychedelic light show goin' on?" Sheila asked me.
"Well, I really don't notice it, but if it's bothering you I can turn the lights off." I offered.
"Oh, yeah, you definitely should do that!" Jill said, "Just think of how much energy you'll save by shutting off all those lights!"
Give it a minute, it'll grow on you ...
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Bee Crafty: Digital Image / Embossing
- Busy Beauties Challenge: Go Green
- Crafty Catz: Shades of Green / St. Patrick's Day
- Creative Belli: Eyelet (On Sentiment Tag)
- Cute Card Thursday: Ribbon
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays: Scallops
- Gingersnap Chestnut Theme: Celebrations
- Inky Impressions: Think Green
- InStyle Stamps: Ribbon
- Pals Paper Arts: Spring
- Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #24: Going Green
- Pink Elephant: Green
- Pile It On: Lucky Me
- Quixotic Challenge: Leave it Out (On Metal-Edge Tag)
- Res-Q-Challenge: Hybrid
- S2G: Green
- Scrapbook Trends: Hybrid Card
- The Cuttlebug Spot: Green
- Tuesday Taggers: Swirls and Curls (Loopy Border)
- Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: Sentiment from "Fundamental Phrases" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
- Digital Image: "Robyn Redbreast" by DigiKitty
- Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Distress Inks
- Color Medium: Prismacolor 'Premier' Pencils by Sanford; Spica Glitter Pens
- Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon; Gold Crown Charm; Metal-Edge Round Tag by Stampin' Up; Black Eyelet; Jump Rings
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Scalloped Rectangle Die; Tag Die; Swiss Dots A2 Embossing Folder; Loopy Border Punch by MS; Corner Rounder Punch by Stampin' Up; Small Heart Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"